Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit (Old)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit (Old)
Closed Thread

Old 22-10-2018, 17:34   #2086
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Problem with the 95% is that nothing has been spelt out as to what is in that 95%.
The easy bits are in the 95%.

Seems TM and her 'plan' are safer than ever thanks to her psychotic back benchers wishing her a horrible death. That seems to have backfired somewhat. Got to hand it to the old girl, she's the best of a very bad bunch. Could see her get some support from Labour in upcoming votes - she won't need the loony right/DUP.
Advertisement
Old 22-10-2018, 17:50   #2087
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
Wow all this fuss over less than 1% of the population wanting a peoples vote .
A peoples vote on what though?

Mr K states it is on the deal but can't tell me what difference it will make. Perhaps Andrew, Ian or Dave can but they are all silent.

What format other than a binary vote (remainers love those) can it take?

Agree or disagree with the deal, what other possible options could there be?

Suggestions please.

When will this vote take place? Before it is presented to Parliament or after it is rejected by them (as it is looking will happen).

---------- Post added at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 17:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post

Seems TM and her 'plan' are safer than ever thanks to her psychotic back benchers wishing her a horrible death. That seems to have backfired somewhat. Got to hand it to the old girl, she's the best of a very bad bunch. Could see her get some support from Labour in upcoming votes - she won't need the loony right/DUP.
Also needs the EU to agree and of course that peoples vote that you won't answer for me.
Old 22-10-2018, 18:01   #2088
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Problem with the 95% is that nothing has been spelt out as to what is in that 95%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post

Mr K states it is on the deal but can't tell me what difference it will make. Perhaps Andrew, Ian or Dave can but they are all silent.

What format other than a binary vote (remainers love those) can it take?

Agree or disagree with the deal, what other possible options could there be?

Suggestions please.

When will this vote take place? Before it is presented to Parliament or after it is rejected by them (as it is looking will happen).

---------- Post added at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 17:48 ----------

Also needs the EU to agree and of course that peoples vote that you won't answer for me.
I answered in the post before you asked old chap ! . A vote on whatever deal they come up with (if they do come up with one). It might be that Brexiters aren't happy with it either, (eg. not nutty enough for them). If we reject it, they have to go back and renegotiate.
Old 22-10-2018, 18:33   #2089
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I answered in the post before you asked old chap ! . A vote on whatever deal they come up with (if they do come up with one). It might be that Brexiters aren't happy with it either, (eg. not nutty enough for them). If we reject it, they have to go back and renegotiate.
No they don't. We just exit the EU with no deal. Can you not see that?
Old 22-10-2018, 18:37   #2090
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Well that could possibly be an option in another vote. The people really would have only have themselves to blame then, which might be an attractive option for the politicians.
Old 22-10-2018, 18:39   #2091
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Quite right, pip. And without a deal, the NI border issue remains. Some are really not thinking this through!
Old 22-10-2018, 18:40   #2092
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
This flaccid argument has been tried before.......

The Cabinet is made up of "democratically elected" MPs, appointed by the PM
Yup, and I for one definitely elected Arlene Foster and her lovely DUP chums to decide my future.

Democracy in action!
Old 22-10-2018, 18:41   #2093
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
It means that there's only 5% yet to go, most of which concerns the NI border issue.

Both Barnier and May agree on that figure.
Old 22-10-2018, 18:41   #2094
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
Wow all this fuss over less than 1% of the population wanting a peoples vote .
Getting nervous are we?
Old 22-10-2018, 18:43   #2095
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Getting nervous are we?
You must be joking. Preparing for the street party already!
Old 22-10-2018, 18:46   #2096
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:

I wouldn't exactly describe the first 95% the easy bit. Most remainers didn't think we'd get past the cost of leaving the EU!

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

Quote:
Getting nervous are we?
Why would anyone be getting nervous over a mouthy 1%?

---------- Post added at 18:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

Quote:
Yup, and I for one definitely elected Arlene Foster and her lovely DUP chums to decide my future.

Democracy in action!
That's the nature of a coalition, of course. I thought you wanted more of them...
Old 22-10-2018, 18:49   #2097
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Getting nervous are we?
Is it too early to apply for a visa to visit Paris in the spring?
Old 22-10-2018, 19:08   #2098
ianch99
cf.mega poster

Quote:

Mr K states it is on the deal but can't tell me what difference it will make. Perhaps Andrew, Ian or Dave can but they are all silent..
Sorry, I have just been enjoying the show. On what you ask? Well I could talk about:

• A campaign run by criminals
  • A campaign lead by Liars and Charlatans
  • A proposal to restructure the economy based on no, yes zero, planning
  • A backdrop of years of right wing media lies about the EU and immigrants
  • dog whistle racism used to encourage anti-immigrant hysteria
  • the fact that immigration from outside the EU has always been higher, in some years much higher, than from the EU
  • the fact that our Government has had the ability for some time now to control EU migration but chose not to use it
  • the fact that the country was not told that the vote would leave them, and the country, poorer

Yes, the list is endless but all of this does not matter one whit. You see, this is a religious thing. It always has been. Facts and evidence mean nothing if you have Faith. They are, by definition, incompatible.

Here is a Leave voter that represents the end of the Leave spectrum but he really believes this stuff and there are a lot like him:

"Let's get back to being the British Empire" - this leave voter at the #SaveBrexitRally in Harrogate explains why he doesn't want a #PeoplesVote

Yes, I know, I will get the same old crap about "I know what I voted for", "the EU is corrupt" and "Jean-Claude Juncker ate my goldfish" but I don't care.

This whole process is a Tory debacle: a rats in a sack civil war that is taking the country down with it. I for one am not happy to watch this play out and do nothing. I did my bit and I am proud of it. I stood up for what I think is right.

Last thought, for the literal amongst you: if you have a march of 500,000 that means there are many, many more in the country who support you: those who could not make the journey for myriad of reasons.

This is democracy in action: the people trying to stop the country being taken down by a cabal of elites, political opportunists and free market capitalists.

Time for dinner
Old 22-10-2018, 19:11   #2099
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Well that could possibly be an option in another vote. The people really would have only have themselves to blame then, which might be an attractive option for the politicians.
No more votes, Mr K. We're going.
Old 22-10-2018, 19:13   #2100
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Well that could possibly be an option in another vote.
This is a fundamental fact some people haven’t grasped.

March next year we will exit the EU. That is law. Deal or no deal.

---------- Post added at 19:13 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

Quote:

Democracy in action!
She’s not in the cabinet, next point.