Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The state benefits system mega-thread.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The state benefits system mega-thread.

Old 01-10-2013, 17:18   #601
Nidge41
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky TV, VM 100Meg Broadband
Nidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

The Artist Taxi Driver says it all.

Link removed..Please do not post links that contain swearing.This is still a family forum.
Nidge41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2013, 17:21   #602
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
That's as long as you have the £115,000 in the first place. I consider myself to be well paid and i would never get away with spending that much on expenses and i have not the money to be able to spend that much over a year anyway.
Quite a bit of those 'expenses' are support staff and office (including rent etc) costs, both in London and in their constituencies, and travel to/from constituencies....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7970533.stm
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 17:35   #603
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidge41 View Post
The Artist Taxi Driver says it all.
Link removed

Workfare Sets You Free!

You do have to wonder if they've got the idea from the Nazis. you really do

Poundland are getting ready for the free workers.
they've announced that they're opening 1,000 new stores to celebrate the boom.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24345284

here we go then..
slavery is officially back in Britain. and it's even legal too LOL
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 17:56   #604
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
This is the type of benefit fraud that a lot of people don't think about when discussing benefit fraud ,normally discussions are confined to people working and claiming or giving false information to inflate a claim for sickness .I've said in these threads many times when told what the fraud figures are that they are a best guess because the majority of fraud remains undetected ,in this case i would suggest that poor management of the housing stock is allowing this type of fraud to be so widespread
Tip of an iceberg I reckon, it's just a question of how big.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 18:07   #605
tizmeinnit

Quote:
This is the type of benefit fraud that a lot of people don't think about when discussing benefit fraud ,normally discussions are confined to people working and claiming or giving false information to inflate a claim for sickness .I've said in these threads many times when told what the fraud figures are that they are a best guess because the majority of fraud remains undetected ,in this case i would suggest that poor management of the housing stock is allowing this type of fraud to be so widespread

the most widespread fraud imo is the couple living together but claiming separate
Old 01-10-2013, 18:20   #606
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
the most widespread fraud imo is the couple living together but claiming separate
I'd agree with that. Though not sure how you can give false info to inflate a disability claim. Saying that I can believe it but not sure how you can get away with it though. It can't be the easiest one to defraud by far.
Old 01-10-2013, 18:32   #607
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
and renting a second council property out to get even more money
Old 01-10-2013, 19:14   #608
Nidge41
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky TV, VM 100Meg Broadband
Nidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
I'd agree with that. Though not sure how you can give false info to inflate a disability claim. Saying that I can believe it but not sure how you can get away with it though. It can't be the easiest one to defraud by far.
You've only got to look at the amount of Motability cars out on the road, when they park up the drivers can do 100 meters faster than Usain Bolt.

That's the biggest money pit.
Nidge41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 19:22   #609
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
You've only got to look at the amount of Motability cars out on the road, when they park up the drivers can do 100 meters faster than Usain Bolt.

To be fair. the driver doesn't have to be disabled to drive the car.
Old 01-10-2013, 19:30   #610
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:

I also have a blue badge, but I don't drive. If you saw me, you would question my disabilities also on the face of it. Oh and if I get caught short I'd also give Usain Bolt a run for his money too.
Old 01-10-2013, 19:57   #611
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
To be fair. the driver doesn't have to be disabled to drive the car.
If the disabled person is not in the vehicle or simply remains seated inside, then you are not allowed to use the Blue Badge.
Link
Quote:
You are also not allowed to use your blue badge if you do not intend to leave the vehicle while it is parked. For example, if you stayed in the car while someone else went shopping and displayed your blue badge, the police or a traffic warden could take action against you.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:01   #612
peanut
NUTS !!

Quote:
All it will mean is that instead of 6 paid employees picking up litter there will be 12(example) 6 paid and 6 receiving dole ,the job can done by the original 6paid employees so no one loses their jobs
But will it mean 6 workers doing the same as 1 worker because lets face it, they won't be putting in the same effort as someone doing the same job on full pay.

It will mean that any work will have to be menial as would you trust anyone who's been unemployed for more than 3 years to do something for nothing and expect a level of commitment / standard. It's bad enough when you employ temp workers to a job, anything responsible is a risk. So give that job to someone that doesn't want to be there and not to be paid then you're asking for trouble.

I don't think there is an answer, but doing something is better than nothing, but I think community service isn't the way to go, you might as well turn to crime if the punishment is the same as being unemployed.

And the alternative is to sit in the job centre for 8 hours a day 5 days a week, that's clearly not going to work, and IDS has stated no comment when it comes to reimbursing travel expenses to get there.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:07   #613
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Maybe the punishment for crime needs to be harsher but that's another thread...
Old 02-10-2013, 09:21   #614
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Maybe the punishment for crime needs to be harsher but that's another thread...
It'll be easier just to class claiming benefits as a crime.

---------- Post added at 09:21 ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
And the alternative is to sit in the job centre for 8 hours a day 5 days a week, that's clearly not going to work, and IDS has stated no comment when it comes to reimbursing travel expenses to get there.
I can't see them not paying travel expenses.

well maybe I can.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:13   #615
Osem
Inactive

Then again, I'd like to think that the unemployed would consider community work a useful contribution to society in return for benefits whilst your average criminal and anti-social types would consider it a punishment. Same work perceived differently...