Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.
Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 23:06   #1201
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.

Thats it, l couldn't think of what it was called.
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2013, 01:06   #1202
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Was £1 a month at one point on ntl:, could never see that happening again though
Old 09-05-2013, 02:17   #1203
Jameseh

PremPlus was PPV, £7 a match AFAIR.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:20   #1204
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B View Post
Was £1 a month at one point on ntl:, could never see that happening again though
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
I think you both may be correct.

I seem to remember a Premplus season ticket cost £80.00 however if you bought the season ticket early you would only pay £50.00. This allowed you to watch all 50 Premplus games. I also seem to remember it being advertised as "£1 per game".

If however you didn't buy the season ticket you could buy individual games at around £7 a go.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:50   #1205
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakes aka dd View Post
VM you have removed all of the 3D content from on demand. I for one don't believe 3D is on the decline as most manufacturers are now slanting towards passive 3D. I'm soon to purchase a new TV and 3D is a priority. So can you reinstate some of the content please.
Yesterday,I recieved a marketing email from Virgin that was telling me that I am now getting 'more for no more'. So I contacted Virgin to let them know that they forgot to mention the removal of all the 3D content and that I am now getting less.

The email also went on to mention that I am getting 3,500 hours of On Demand content,but they also forgot to mention that they have taken away all the ITV content.

More for no more?
Old 09-05-2013, 06:14   #1206
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B View Post
Bring back premplus
That's not going to happen Ben.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:21   #1207
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
Yesterday,I recieved a marketing email from Virgin that was telling me that I am now getting 'more for no more'. So I contacted Virgin to let them know that they forgot to mention the removal of all the 3D content and that I am now getting less.

The email also went on to mention that I am getting 3,500 hours of On Demand content,but they also forgot to mention that they have taken away all the ITV content.

More for no more?
The people in this thread know the truth:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/10...ice-going.html

More for much more!
Old 09-05-2013, 15:20   #1208
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Confirmed: No deal done yet for BT Sports on Virgin Media.

BT has confirmed at Virgin Media has no deal yet to carry BT Sport 1*, BT Sport 2* and ESPN* from August 1st.

*Also in HD.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/d...l_tw_sportfaqs

When BT Sport do launch on Virgin Media it will cost £12 to £15 per month.

-£12 per month for the SD Channels only.
-£15 per month with the HD Channels added.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 09-05-2013, 15:37   #1209
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Why do you think it will cost what you have quoted because as of yet there is no proof of that MB.
Old 09-05-2013, 15:41   #1210
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Why do you think it will cost what you have quoted because as of yet there is no proof of that MB.
Just going on info base on What BT reveal today.

I THINK we will need to pay the same as Sky Viewers on this deal.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 09-05-2013, 15:43   #1211
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Just going on info base on What BT reveal today.

I THINK we will need to pay the same as Sky Viewers on this deal.
Well lets see MB.
Old 09-05-2013, 16:01   #1212
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I remember it was £8 per match at one point.

We paid £8 to watch City away at wigan and we were 2-0 down after 5 minutes and lost 4-0. such a waste.

They used to offer "half" season tickets in December for about £25-30 so we used to get that.
Old 09-05-2013, 16:04   #1213
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

I see BT are to offer their Premier League football channel free to its broadband subscribers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22462525
Old 09-05-2013, 16:28   #1214
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Quote:
It was £1 a month for 3 seasons and then they changed it to pay per match or season ticket, only on ntl though
Old 09-05-2013, 17:04   #1215
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
When BT Sport do launch on Virgin Media it will cost £12 to £15 per month.

-£12 per month for the SD Channels only.
-£15 per month with the HD Channels added.
I would imagine a fairly low take up on VM if those do turn out to be the prices MB, especially with how the voting is going on the 'Will you pay extra' thread.

ESPN is currently only £8 including HD if you don't have XL TV so I would have thought a reasonable price would be around £10 including HD. You also never know if VM may negotiate a cheap deal with BT for those with XL TV considering the fact that we'll be losing ESPN.

Watch this space I guess
Closed Thread