Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Best Router to use with Superhub?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Best Router to use with Superhub?

Old 16-06-2012, 08:13   #1
Mike
cf.mega poster

Mike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful one
Best Router to use with Superhub?

Hi all

As posted before my superhub has a really poor wireless signal !

So I am going to set in moden only mode and connect a router for wireless around the house.

I currently have a D-link DIR-615 and wondered about upgrading it to at least give the impression that with the 100mb service things have improved.

Just wondered what people would recommend for a new router.

Many thanks for your time and help.

Regards

Mike
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-06-2012, 10:25   #2
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: Best Router to use with Superhub?

apple and a Linksys are amazing manufactures. I can't believe how good they are in comparison to the superheap of junk superhub.
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2012, 15:07   #3
Mike
cf.mega poster

Mike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
apple and a Linksys are amazing manufactures. I can't believe how good they are in comparison to the superheap of junk superhub.
Many thanks for reply....any recommendation to use with 100mb service.

Regards
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2012, 19:34   #4
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

I've got one of these and one of these for my desktop. My work laptop's got a 5GHz card built in so it seemed the logical choice. Must say so far they've both been smashing.

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2012, 20:23   #5
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

good choice router, alot of people like that one. you could have got a PCI-E (TL-WDN4800) adapter instead of a USB adapter. i guess the easy versatile USB appealed?
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2012, 22:33   #6
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
good choice router, alot of people like that one. you could have got a PCI-E (TL-WDN4800) adapter instead of a USB adapter. i guess the easy versatile USB appealed?
The desktop is quite well shielded by the reasonable amount of metal around it, so a USB adapter on an extension cable works better for me.

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is online now   Reply With Quote