Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Strange one.. Virgin Customer Service call

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Strange one.. Virgin Customer Service call

Old 22-07-2011, 19:31   #1
Blackened
Inactive

Blackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpack
Red face Strange one.. Virgin Customer Service call

So, the family just sat down to tea and a very pleasant lady from VM calls to tell me she can save us some money on our phone bill.. Ok, go ahead I say.
Our systems show you made aprox 54 mins of UK landlines calls last month and did we know that..
Hold up. We're making how many minutes of calls?
54 minutes Mr Bloggs.
Oh. Do you have a breakdown of the calls there?
Yes, sure. You made, err. 9 seconds there, 3 minutes there and 6 minutes there. Umm.. I'm not.. Just a minute.

I said look, we make nowhere near that as we have free mobile minutes with my company. How many minutes is that - 9 or so?
Yes.
So how did we get from 9 to 54??
I'm not sure. We have two systems you see, an online one and a database one and there's obviously been some mix up of some kind.

There follows some profuse apologies from the young lady and my insisting there's absolutely no need, have a good night but have someone look into that..
Blackened is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-07-2011, 19:46   #2
007stuart
cf.addict

Services: TIVO V6 Meg Service TV XL Virgin Phone Home & Mobile My wife says I have too many SONOS units
007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Strange one.. Virgin Customer Service call

I too have had a call from someone purporting to be from Virgin saying that she could save me money on my phone bill. The lady asked me for a couple of letters from my password and at that point I stopped the conversation and advised her I will not give out that information. She said she was part of a phone review team however when I phoned Virgin they could not see any outward bound call on my account. I would recommend that no-one gives out personal data as you have no guarantee that the person is who they claim to be.

Strangley the call centre operator I spoke confirmed I had the best deal available and that they do call customers, seems trhgey need to check their data and give the customer a call back no and call reference to avoid confusion.
007stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2011, 20:55   #3
Blackened
Inactive

Blackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpack

I too was asked for those two letters of my password. I wasn't worried - it's quite an obscure affair. She could give me specific details of my account though (she told me what bundle I have and who I call the most) so 100% certain it was VM.
Old 23-07-2011, 13:59   #4
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Just refuse to deal with cold callers whether on the doorstep or on the phone.

They are all time wasting pests.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2011, 11:18   #5
Murk
Inactive

Murk is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been getting the calls from Virgin lately, sometimes 6-7 times a day!
Murk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2011, 11:36   #6
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post
I have been getting the calls from Virgin lately, sometimes 6-7 times a day!
That's illegal is i remember correctly. Is there not a max number of calls a day from the same company

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2011, 13:12   #7
New to cable
Permanently Banned

New to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutter

Be very careful at the moment with Virginmedia try to get you to change your phone package.

Some users have a great package for international calls, Virginmedia have changed this package so calls to some countries go from 2p a minute to 20p a minute.

So just be very careful with VM cold calls and make sure you know if you're entering a new contract and what services will change on the new contract.

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

Be very careful at the moment with Virginmedia try to get you to change your phone package.

Some users have a great package for international calls, Virginmedia have changed this package so calls to some countries go from 2p a minute to 20p a minute. The customers are finding once after the new great offer from Virginmedia they have lost the old international calling deal and now pay upto 200% more according to what some users on here have posted.

So just be very careful with VM cold calls and make sure you know if you're entering a new contract and what services will change on the new contract.
New to cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2011, 17:41   #8
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by New to cable View Post

Some users have a great package for international calls, Virginmedia have changed this package so calls to some countries go from 2p a minute to 20p a minute.

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

Some users have a great package for international calls, Virginmedia have changed this package so calls to some countries go from 2p a minute to 20p a minute. The customers are finding once after the new great offer from Virginmedia they have lost the old international calling deal and now pay upto 200% more according to what some users on here have posted.

I'l be doubly careful then.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:48   #9
Zanny
Inactive

Services: 50Mb BB
Zanny is an unknown quantity at this point

had a similar call last week. The purpose was to try and get me to buy a ten pound addon so we could get 600 minutes to phone mobiles a month. I pointed out between two mobiles I already have 300 mins a month so kindly declined their offer.
Zanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:39   #10
Blackened
Inactive

To be fair, the OP wasn't a complaint about marketing calls - I'm not sure how that might have been lost in the thread.

I was highlighting the fact that VM had called me to tell me that for a few more quid, I could benefit from another package as I made 54 minutes of landline calls, when I had in fact made only 9 mins of calls.

This I consider to be quite a big error margin and worthy of a post.

Anyone not particularly on the ball about their telephone usage might have accepted the offer, when in fact they clearly didn't need to. I thought it was worth a heads-up for any potential recipients of a marketing call along these lines.