Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Blackberry Sims Web Access. Can I use in my Nokia N82?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Blackberry Sims Web Access. Can I use in my Nokia N82?

Old 17-09-2010, 10:56   #1
jackhulk
Inactive

jackhulk is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin Blackberry Sims Web Access. Can I use in my Nokia N82?

Hello

I'm interested in virgins blackberry sims that offer unlimited email and web access.

I understand that for the email I would need to use a blackberry, but would I be able to use the sim in my nokia n82 and gain access to the unlimited web without being charged?

Thanks
jackhulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-09-2010, 13:38   #2
ruddock08
cf.addict

Services: VIVID 200 Broadband + BT Whole Home WiFi
ruddock08 is on a distinguished roadruddock08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ruddock08
Re: Virgin Blackberry Sims Web Access. Can I use in my Nokia N82?

Blackberry use a service called BIS which stands for BlackBerry Internet Services. Basically, all internet access, data and BB Messenger get sent through BlackBerry's servers and in return the networks pay for this.

So I don't think you can..
ruddock08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2010, 23:27   #3
Niles Crane
Inactive

Niles Crane has reached the bronze age
Niles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze age

I just called Virgin Mobile's customer service and told them i had the £10 a month Blackberry deal and asked if the unlimited data etc would work in another phone and they said yes, certainly. It's sim based, not phone and it would be fine.

I've used the sim in another phone, but i can't confirm 100% that the 1gb free data allowance is being used until the info in my online account is updated.

---------- Post added at 23:27 ---------- Previous post was at 22:42 ----------

Just checked, and it's certainly fine. Blackberry/£10 per month sim in my Acer Liquid:

Quote:
20-Sep-10 22:14:06 Using the internet £0.00
20-Sep-10 22:13:33 Using the internet £0.00
20-Sep-10 22:12:58 Using the internet £0.00
20-Sep-10 22:12:58 Unknown £0.00
Quote:
Inclusive Tariff Data 20/09/2010 19/10/2010 1.00GB 1023.62MB
Just need to wait for my PAC code from Orange to transfer my number now.
Niles Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2010, 18:44   #4
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age

Might need to be mindful of the APN the device is using.

I had it where with my blackberry (o2) the data plan included BIS + the wap.o2.co.uk APN but not the mobile.o2.co.uk APN (some apps on the BB want a direct TCP connection and don't like BIS, esp the ones for SSH.etc)

If VM have different APN's for data you might find some are chargable and some are not.
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2010, 13:55   #5
jackhulk
Inactive

jackhulk is an unknown quantity at this point

Fantasic! Thanks guys, very helpful. I will most likely get the Virgin deal now thanks to this info. Niles Crane, can you advise what APN you are using please so I can ensure to use the same?
jackhulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2010, 21:55   #6
Niles Crane
Inactive

Niles Crane has reached the bronze age
Niles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhulk View Post
Fantasic! Thanks guys, very helpful. I will most likely get the Virgin deal now thanks to this info. Niles Crane, can you advise what APN you are using please so I can ensure to use the same?
goto.virginmobile.uk
Niles Crane is offline   Reply With Quote