Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Porting Number and Free Calls from Virgin Landlines

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Porting Number and Free Calls from Virgin Landlines

Old 07-07-2010, 20:21   #1
Bob
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Bob has reached the bronze age
Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age
Porting Number and Free Calls from Virgin Landlines

I'm seriously thinking about taking up Virgin on their £25 a month tariff and getting a free BB Bold 9700. Looks like I'd actually get 3G coverage at home consistently with them as opposed to O2.

I'm also liking the idea of free calls from the Virgin landline to my phone.

My question is the following: Is it still the case that when your port a number across from another mobile network, the number is still, as landlines are concerned, owned by the original network and in which case I wouldn't be able to take advantage of the free calls?
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2010, 22:04   #2
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: Porting Number and Free Calls from Virgin Landlines

No ported numbers work, I moved from 02 to virgin,

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 22:04 ----------

And get free calls to my mob
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 22:19   #3
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Although I would leave it a couple of days after the number ports over the Virgin Mobile to make sure all the systems register that the number is live
Old 08-07-2010, 06:24   #4
Bob
cf.mega poster

Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age

Oh excellent...I wasn't expecting that to be the answer. That little bit more tempting now!
Old 08-07-2010, 18:10   #5
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Virgin Mobile phone numbers are orginally allocated to T-Mobile UK although that could change now that it is one company with Orange and could find yourself with a Virgin Mobile number that starts like 07973,07979,07791,07581 ect....

Regardless of that, when someone ports from Orange to O2, an O2 customer calling that Orange ported number that has free calls to O2 mobiles will still get free calls, but if they port out of O2, they will be charged for that call.

Seems like a lot of hard work for the companies, thats why 3 and BT want termination rates to be scrapped, even though they were the ones that introduced them in the first place looool
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 18:37   #6
Bob
cf.mega poster

Ordered with Virgin and looking forward to £50 cashback with Quidco

Another question...how many Virgin Mobile accounts can take advantage of the offers from one Virgin Media account?
Old 08-07-2010, 22:13   #7
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Do you mean Virgin Mobile accounts or numbers?

As far as I'm aware it's one Mobile account - as it has to be in the same name as the Media account holder

I think you may be able to get up to 3 contracts on an account - it's dependent on your credit score though (I think)

I'm not 100% sure on those as I don't work for the mobile side
Old 09-07-2010, 15:52   #8
Bob
cf.mega poster

Thought of a better way of wording it...how many mobile accounts can be linked to one media account to take advantage of the various offers?
Old 09-07-2010, 15:54   #9
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

As far as I'm aware you as the account holder can have one Media account and one Mobile account at the same address.

However you can call anyones Virgin Mobile from a Media landline for the free call period, it doesn't have to be connected to you in any way - just active on the Mobile systems.
Old 09-07-2010, 16:19   #10
Bob
cf.mega poster

Oh...we were able to order two 8p SIMs from it and one contract phone. May be told shortly that isn't the case lol!
Old 09-07-2010, 16:21   #11
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Yes, but they will all be tied to one Mobile account under the same name and address
Old 09-07-2010, 16:24   #12
Bob
cf.mega poster

Ah! With you now.

I assumed that would have meant I, not being the account holder, wouldn't have been able to set up a DD for a contract from my bank account.

Cheers again Ben