Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SKY Free

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

SKY Free

Old 31-01-2010, 20:13   #1
r94yan
cf.addict

Services: VIVID 200, TV and calls, with Sky Movies and Sky Sport, Asian Mela. Two 1TB Tivo
r94yan is an unknown quantity at this point
SKY Free

just wandering what indian channels you can get from sky for free, because i want to move to virgin, but my mother still would watch some Indian channels, and we do not wanna pay £10 for Asian channels, thanks for the help
r94yan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-01-2010, 20:21   #2
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050
Re: SKY Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by r94yan View Post
just wandering what indian channels you can get from sky for free, because i want to move to virgin, but my mother still would watch some Indian channels, and we do not wanna pay £10 for Asian channels, thanks for the help
None, if any. As far as I am aware, you have to pay for them
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 21:34   #3
NoKnowledge
Inactive

NoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond repute

Have a deeks under international

http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/free-to-air-channels
NoKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 22:03   #4
Tony.
Inactive

Services: Triple XL (Phone,BB & TV) Samsung V+HD(30 meg Superhub)
Tony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud of

As far as I can work out on Virgin you have to pay £10 per month for the Asian Channels.

Link Here: http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...-channels.html
Tony. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 22:19   #5
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKnowledge View Post
Have a deeks under international

http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/free-to-air-channels
Fine if the OP was going for Sky via Sat, but by the sound of the original post he's going for VM..
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 19:50   #6
r94yan
cf.addict

Services: VIVID 200, TV and calls, with Sky Movies and Sky Sport, Asian Mela. Two 1TB Tivo
r94yan is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the replies but there is some confusion

i shall just clarify my information. i will be signing up to VM the VIP package. i would just like to know if MATV and NDTV will work on sky if i do not have any package, just a box and a viewing card. it says the channels are free, but just wandering even without any kind of package

thanks in advance
r94yan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 22:43   #7
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

The confusion is because you didn't specify clearly what you were expecting to recieve the channels on (VM, SKYSAT, FTA, FREESAT) remembering that SKY channels are available on VM If you're using satellite then it's a simple matter to check on this site to see if the channel is FREE or encrypted.

http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html

Any channel with an F in a square on it should be recievable via FTA (though if not part of a sky package you might have to manually tune the box via the engineers menu)
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 16:48   #8
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

I remember a time where they offered Talk international with the Asian channels allowing calls to india and pakistan for about 5p per minute, wonder if that is still going???
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote