Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What Wireless Router

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What Wireless Router

Old 26-12-2008, 21:38   #1
steq184
Inactive

steq184 is an unknown quantity at this point
What Wireless Router

I have at the moment Netgear WGR614v5 wireless router, the trouble is when blocking websites I need 2 trusted ip addresses and my router only allows for 1.
Any recommendations? Also has to be able to be wired too.
steq184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-12-2008, 12:40   #2
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Callumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant future
Re: What Wireless Router

Quote:
Originally Posted by steq184 View Post
I have at the moment Netgear WGR614v5 wireless router, the trouble is when blocking websites I need 2 trusted ip addresses and my router only allows for 1.
Any recommendations? Also has to be able to be wired too.
DGTeam firmware might let you have more than one trused IP, but only upgrade if itll work with your connection

EDIT: oops, WGR614v5 isnt supported Dang! There is some firmware somwhere

---------- Post added at 12:40 ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 ----------

Ah, i see, i was thinking DD-WRT firmware, but v5 isnt supported, sorry
Callumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2008, 15:00   #3
Noggo
Inactive

Services: VM XL broadband, Sky+ TV and BT phone
Noggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation era

I would suggest you ask one of the mods to move the thread to the Networking section as you may get more replies in there.
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/87/

The D-link DIR-655 seams to get mentioned a lot: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/87...commended.html
Noggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2008, 15:03   #4
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Yeah, not really a VM issue this one - more a generic networking one: Moved
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote