Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Network Security

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Network Security

Old 22-09-2008, 17:38   #16
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Re: Network Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiNasty View Post
Lol.. It's the warchalking on the lamppost outside that gave it away..

"Here be freebies"
Haha,

Love those chalk marks
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-09-2008, 17:40   #17
ScouseMick
Inactive

ScouseMick is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmitage View Post
Do you know how to log onto your router? As already stated the default IP is probably in your manual. Open up your browser and type in http://192.168.2.1 (or whatever your router's IP is). If you post the make and model of your router you may get some pointers on what to look for but some routers are fairly intuitive. If you don't have a manual then google the make/model.... there's bound to be info out there.
yes, i do know how to log on to my router... but i cannot find the manual for it.. the make / model is dynamode BR-6004 W-G1.
cheers
mick
ScouseMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2008, 19:12   #18
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouseMick View Post
yes, i do know how to log on to my router... but i cannot find the manual for it.. the make / model is dynamode BR-6004 W-G1.
cheers
mick
I can't find a manual yet but I did find this:

"best to do this while connected using a ethernet cable and i believe the default password/username for your router is:

username:guest
Password:guest

open internet explorer and log in to the router via http://192.168.1.1 enter name and password. Click the WAN set up tab at the side and check that you have used Dynamic IP User when you set it up. if not, change it to Dynamic IP and the click the save box at the top. Click Wireless tab and make sure the Disabled Wireless box is NOT checked, Type a name in the SSID box(this will be the name you see when you search for wireless networks from your laptop) and in the Broadcast SSID box check Enabled, click save. Click the security tab at the top and in the Authentication Type drop down box choose WPA then in the KEY box make up a password of between 8 and 63 characters, click save. Then click the MISC tab scroll down and click the restart system tab.

disconnect the ethernet lead and on your laptop make sure your wireless network connection is switched on in the laptop you should then get a wireless networks available box, view networks, click the one you have just named and enter the password you should now be connected open Internet Explorer you should now be online, when you next start your laptop it should automaticaly connect to your network."

http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Techn...ion575975.html
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2008, 19:25   #19
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiNasty View Post
I can't find a manual yet but I did find this:
The router although a usable little unit has been slated on the net for not coming with a decent manual..

Perhaps the OP can screen capture a few of the wireless settings menu then people can give him good solid advice...
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2008, 19:52   #20
kpanchev
Inactive

Services: BB L package
kpanchev will become famous soon enoughkpanchev will become famous soon enoughkpanchev will become famous soon enough

try here:
http://63.169.70.233/faq.asp?sid=145...s+XP&top=Setup
kpanchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2008, 20:11   #21
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
The router although a usable little unit has been slated on the net for not coming with a decent manual..

Perhaps the OP can screen capture a few of the wireless settings menu then people can give him good solid advice...
And a dodgy firmware if memory serves, wasn't that the router making multiple IP renewal requests?
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:32   #22
GoldenBoar
Inactive

GoldenBoar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouseMick View Post
& in english that means?
That was pretty much the most simplistic explanation possible, just google the terms if you are unsure about them.

If you are in Liverpool, and you cant get this sorted, then let me know and I'll do it for £30.

It is rather easy to do though, and you shouldn't have any problems with it.
GoldenBoar is offline   Reply With Quote