Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]
View Poll Results: Will you be opting out of the Virgin Ad Deal?
Yes, Definitely. 958 95.51%
No, I am quite happy to share my surfing habits with anyone. 45 4.49%
Voters: 1003. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 25-05-2008, 19:08   #7171
ImaJack
Inactive

ImaJack is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by icsys View Post
I just wish there were hundreds more that would post to show support whether they be BT, VM or CPW customers.
I feel there is still a lot of apathy towards Phorm amongst the majority of customers (either because they still haven't heard of webwise or they think of it simply as ads that can be turned off). I just hope I am proven wrong when the time is right.
I became aware of Phorm/Webwise in the middle of March, and I've only spoken to friends and family. Apart from my son who said he would look into it (just to keep me quiet I think) no one knew anything about them and to be honest they just thought it was more adware and could be blocked/ignored. I suppose a court case or something similar might stir up the general public but I do think slowly and surely opposition is growing against Webwise.

Thank you Phormic Acid for your clear and concise explanation about BTs trial and opt in/out system. I hope and think I won't be affected, if all goes well I shall be gone from BT in about 2/3 weeks. I have printed your post for reference - just in case.
Advertisement
Old 25-05-2008, 19:12   #7172
Sirius365
Inactive

Sirius365 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by popper View Post
iv marked that
http://www.phishtank.com/phish_detai...hish_id=450834
as a phish, you can do the same for the original one too,
http://www.phishtank.com/phish_detai...hish_id=450504
the more it gets the more it becomes confirmed ( it appears 4 are enough to get it listed as "is not a phish").

although there does not seem to be a way to add information to the page explaining why we know it to be the case.....!
or that it can be classed as the new form of Phishing, that being the intra-ISP assisted Phishing.
Voted this is a phishing site.

What would be interesting is if for example BT pulled out of the whole phorm thing what would phorm do with the information they have collected via that site
Old 25-05-2008, 19:18   #7173
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius365 View Post

What would be interesting is if for example BT pulled out of the whole phorm thing what would phorm do with the information they have collected via that site

Sell it to the highest bidder ofcourse
Old 25-05-2008, 19:25   #7174
Paul Delaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHanff View Post
Verified.

Alexander Hanff
Joined and Confirmed

Old 25-05-2008, 19:30   #7175
tdadyslexia
Inactive

Services: Cable Modem 60MB 2 TiVo Box's one, 1TB the other 500GB Plus Phone from NTL
tdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All

I have added a lot of information on Webwise / Phorm on my forum, keep up the fight.
Old 25-05-2008, 19:30   #7176
Digbert
Inactive

Digbert will become famous soon enoughDigbert will become famous soon enoughDigbert will become famous soon enough

Quote:
it appears 4 people so far have submitted that the
http://www.webwise.bt.com
is not a Phish , but it seems they may not know about the background as it related to Phorm and BT or the statement nothing personal goes outside the internal BT network etc.

perhaps it needs explaining to them and others so as to make it clear ,as it stands currently it is ....!
How about reporting it in the IE7 Phishing filter.
Old 25-05-2008, 19:30   #7177
Sirius365
Inactive

I've just reported www.webwise.bt.com to google via the help menu in firefox as well.

Edit: Rmoved link as seems its not valid.

To report site via firefox go to www.webwise.bt.com & then use> Help> Report website & job done.

Have also Reported via IE web filter tools> phishing filter>report this website (go to www.webwise.bt.com 1st)
Old 25-05-2008, 19:38   #7178
JohnHorb

Services: 10MB Broadband, DTV, Telephone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digbert View Post
How about reporting it in the IE7 Phishing filter.
Done

Old 25-05-2008, 19:41   #7179
Paul Delaney

Quote:
I've just reported www.webwise.bt.com to google via the help menu in firefox as well.

don't know if this link will work for you as well but here it is.

http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/r...se%2Findex.php
Yep the link worked - done that too

EDIT: Only if using Firefox Browser

Old 25-05-2008, 19:43   #7180
Sirius365
Inactive

Just about to report here as well

http://toolbar.netcraft.com/report_url
Old 25-05-2008, 19:45   #7181
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
iv marked that
http://www.phishtank.com/phish_detai...hish_id=450834
as a phish, you can do the same for the original one too,
the more it gets the more it becomes confirmed ( it appears 4 are enough to get it listed as "is not a phish").

although there does not seem to be a way to add information to the page explaining why we know it to be the case.....!
or that it can be classed as the new form of Phishing, that being the intra-ISP assisted Phishing.
taken from the website
-------------
Well they say it isnt phishing Verified: Is NOT a phish Next unverified phish >
As verified by stuartgrant JustaPerson buaya phish*****er
-----------------------------------
Old 25-05-2008, 19:57   #7182
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array

Quote:

it seems pritty clear that their objective is to collect as much of this personal data from all the UK USPs involved at some point into a company owned US based database.

so if they do manage this ISP Phishing trip, they will have pulled off the worlds largest and potentially lucrative Phishing database with 70% plus of the whole UK Broadband membership inside it, to sell to other partys for whatever purpose these people chose to make of the data.

lets be clear on this, even a database with just 50% of the Uk Broadband usebase personal information inside, is werth a hell of a lot of money to a single company looking to profit from it on the future.

---------- Post added at 19:57 ---------- Previous post was at 19:53 ----------

the blog is interesting
http://www.phishtank.com/blog/
"
PhishTank April ‘08 stats. Learn to protect yourself, your company.

posted by Allison on May 5th, 2008 in PhishTank

We just posted PhishTank statistics for April 2008. No major surprises: The United States is, for the thirteenth straight month, hosting more phishes than any other country...
"
Old 25-05-2008, 19:58   #7183
bluecar1
Inactive

Services: No DPI Kit snooping on USERS
bluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about them

added this over on bt forums, will not hold my breath waiting for a reply, but expect my post to be moderated / deleted

I AM STILL WAITING FOR A REPLY MARK W,

mark w,

can you confirm if the webwise helpdesk are replying to non bt email address requests?

as i have sent several emails from my private account requesting information regarding webmasters rights etc and not had a single reply

strange this

as no way do i want phorm pimping my data but i want to allow google and others in

peter

can you also confirm if the webwise helpdesk at bt dot webwise dot help dot desk at bt dot com is run by BT staff or phorm staff ,seeing as the virtually all the main webwise websites seem to be outside of the BT core network and hosted on IP addresses where phorm websites are hosted

regards
peter
Old 25-05-2008, 20:04   #7184
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

Hi folks,

Updated my Peer Guardian 2 profiles earlier, and I was going to report www.webwise.bt.com through firefox. when I attempted to connect PG2 started going bonkers and the several attempts to connect to that BT page were all listed as Phorm at the destination 207.44.186.90
Old 25-05-2008, 20:25   #7185
SelfProtection
Inactive

SelfProtection has a spectacular aura about themSelfProtection has a spectacular aura about themSelfProtection has a spectacular aura about themSelfProtection has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecar1 View Post
added this over on bt forums, will not hold my breath waiting for a reply, but expect my post to be moderated / deleted

I AM STILL WAITING FOR A REPLY MARK W,

mark w,

can you confirm if the webwise helpdesk are replying to non bt email address requests?

as i have sent several emails from my private account requesting information regarding webmasters rights etc and not had a single reply

strange this

as no way do i want phorm pimping my data but i want to allow google and others in

peter

can you also confirm if the webwise helpdesk at bt dot webwise dot help dot desk at bt dot com is run by BT staff or phorm staff ,seeing as the virtually all the main webwise websites seem to be outside of the BT core network and hosted on IP addresses where phorm websites are hosted

regards
peter
Oops my hand slipped on Ctrl-S whilst I was on the BT Forum & the article & page is now somewhere on my hard drive! http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/im...lies/dunce.gif
Closed Thread