Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Azureus says im firewalled but...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Azureus says im firewalled but...

Old 01-02-2007, 09:04   #1
yo_da84
Inactive

yo_da84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Azureus says im firewalled but...

Hey Guys,
Im really confused by this, my azureus worked fine until this morning. nothing has been installed, changed, modified but now azureus says "firewalled" and when i perform the NAT/Firewall test it says im running through a proxy, and when i look up the proxy IP its giving me its an NTL server.

Heres my spec:

4mb NTL Broadband (swansea area)
Windows XP Pro
Azureus 2.0.5.4 (i latest build, think version number is right)

Using a direct connection modem > ethernet cable > pc

any suggestions on what i can try?
cheers
yoda84
yo_da84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2007, 14:28   #2
yo_da84
Inactive

yo_da84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Azureus says im firewalled but...

just checked it agin and heres the error msg:

Testing port 45666 ... OK !
Proxy IP is '213.105.224.18', original is '81.110.104.230'

any ideas?
yo_da84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 00:35   #3
DarkGashX
Inactive

Services: VIP Package
DarkGashX will become famous soon enoughDarkGashX will become famous soon enoughDarkGashX will become famous soon enough

It seems it is saying the port is ok. Are you using a router?
DarkGashX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 00:50   #4
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGashX View Post
It seems it is saying the port is ok. Are you using a router?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo_da84 View Post

Using a direct connection modem > ethernet cable > pc

I take that as a no

Are you by any chance running Zone alarm or Norton Internet suites ? If so try disabling them, failing that, uninstall them and try, I, and a few others here have had problems with these, settings saying that a prog is allowed internet rights but they were being blocked in any case

Sorry I can't be of more help than that.
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:04   #5
DarkGashX
Inactive

Services: VIP Package
DarkGashX will become famous soon enoughDarkGashX will become famous soon enoughDarkGashX will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopdude View Post
I take that as a no

Are you by any chance running Zone alarm or Norton Internet suites ? If so try disabling them, failing that, uninstall them and try, I, and a few others here have had problems with these, settings saying that a prog is allowed internet rights but they were being blocked in any case

Sorry I can't be of more help than that.
Im guessing its bed time for me seeing as I missed thar :p. If your using any software firewalls make sure you check the program is not been blocked and that the port is open (if that is possible on your firewall).
DarkGashX is offline   Reply With Quote