Quote:
|
Originally Posted by gazpacho_UK
now I am confused ..... someone off forum has told me that I could recieve another modem from ntl when i request the upgrade. they said that the cable can and probably is capable of 10mb, but the modem limits to whatever level I am paying for ...... The new modem would enable the 10mb feed ....... hope someone can shed some light ..... head full of broken buscuits !
|
You have the BEST ntl modem going(small blue 1), the NTL:250, you won't need another modem. You will be able to get the full 10mbit speed with that. The only thing stopping you getting the 'full' speed is dependant of how congested ntl's network is in your area.
If you plan on upgrading to 10mbit then use that link i posted earlier. It's a few mouse clicks away and the modem should hopefully reboot and you will be on 10mbit.
I hope that clears your head of broken biscuits.