26-09-2005, 16:48
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Back in England, but not for long...
Services: Weddings, christenings, barmitzvahs
Posts: 3,422
|
Free fax software?
Hi all,
I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can get some free fax software for my home PC? I don't want to be a tightwad, but I can't think of a good reason to pay for any, when I would use it no more than 5 times a year!
Thanks in advance!!
|
|
|
26-09-2005, 16:59
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Essex innit
Age: 52
Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL
BT Telephone
Posts: 15,735
|
Re: Free fax software?
What operating system and connection type are going to be using?
|
|
|
26-09-2005, 17:06
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Back in England, but not for long...
Services: Weddings, christenings, barmitzvahs
Posts: 3,422
|
Re: Free fax software?
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Paul
What operating system and connection type are going to be using?
|
I am on Windows XP, and my connection is broadband.
|
|
|
26-09-2005, 17:11
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Essex innit
Age: 52
Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL
BT Telephone
Posts: 15,735
|
Re: Free fax software?
|
|
|
26-09-2005, 17:16
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Back in England, but not for long...
Services: Weddings, christenings, barmitzvahs
Posts: 3,422
|
Re: Free fax software?
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Paul
|
Thanks Paul, I must be going blind (no comments please!)
|
|
|
26-09-2005, 17:20
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Essex innit
Age: 52
Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL
BT Telephone
Posts: 15,735
|
Re: Free fax software?
That's ok the search box on the forum doesn't like 3 letter words but I had noticed the thread on the front page earlier so I used the "new posts" link to find it.
|
|
|
26-09-2005, 17:43
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Age: 62
Posts: 15,868
|
Re: Free fax software?
If you have windows XP then you have M$ fax on it anyway. All you then need is the modem. Yes it's basic, but for the occasional use, is that not enough?
|
|
|
26-09-2005, 17:47
|
#8
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Free fax software?
|
|
|
|
26-09-2005, 17:51
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Essex innit
Age: 52
Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL
BT Telephone
Posts: 15,735
|
Re: Free fax software?
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by atlantis
|
Think a lot of those are for standard modem users, as Rob says, putting a basic modem in for occasional use would be the easy answer.
|
|
|
26-09-2005, 17:56
|
#10
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Free fax software?
|
|
|
|
26-09-2005, 18:33
|
#11
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Back in England, but not for long...
Services: Weddings, christenings, barmitzvahs
Posts: 3,422
|
Re: Free fax software?
Thanks Guys! I shall try some out tomorrow.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:23.
|