Network drives appear and dissapear randomly.
19-04-2019, 12:57
|
#1
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Swansea, South Wales UK.
Age: 75
Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
Posts: 2,753
|
Network drives appear and dissapear randomly.
Im having issues where im seeing my networked items just dissapear and reappear randomly and just wondered if anyone knows a fix to this.
Im running windows 10 pro x64.
|
|
|
19-04-2019, 14:18
|
#2
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kairdiff-by-the-sea
Age: 70
Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Posts: 10,539
|
Re: Network drives appear and dissapear randomly.
Mine started doing that. I migrated everything off, and was glad I did as total failure happened a couple of days later.
---------- Post added at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 15:14 ----------
Most disks incorporate SMART these days, so download and run HD tune from this site. It'll show you any problems.
https://howtorecover.me/best-program...attributes-hdd
|
|
|
19-04-2019, 20:11
|
#3
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Swansea, South Wales UK.
Age: 75
Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
Posts: 2,753
|
Re: Network drives appear and dissapear randomly.
I dont think ite hard disk failure as this happens on network places and drives over a number of different drives.
|
|
|
20-04-2019, 07:38
|
#4
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Northampton
Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb,
V6 STB
Posts: 8,406
|
Re: Network drives appear and dissapear randomly.
I have a bunch of external USB connected desktop HDDs, and they go through this sort of "fluttering" every now and again. I suspect power-saving is behind it.
|
|
|
23-04-2019, 18:44
|
#5
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lincoln
Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
Posts: 11,021
|
Re: Network drives appear and dissapear randomly.
it used to happen occasionally with my nas and if I restarted the NAS Power Management windows service the drives would come back without me having to tinker with the NAS itself
|
|
|
24-04-2019, 07:54
|
#6
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: #Plagueisland
Age: 55
Services: VM VIP Pack
Posts: 1,712
|
Re: Network drives appear and dissapear randomly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus
it used to happen occasionally with my nas and if I restarted the NAS Power Management windows service the drives would come back without me having to tinker with the NAS itself
|
Same here with a D-link NAS. It's worth also checking the network card power management to see if this sleeps, especially if you are using a laptop.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:48.
|