Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New Super Hub now cannot send e-mails

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

New Super Hub now cannot send e-mails
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2012, 10:06   #1
gus0898uk
cf.addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 131
gus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enough
New Super Hub now cannot send e-mails

I took delivery of the Super Hub at the end of last week and I am now having problems sending e-mails, "Outlook Express error 0x800CCC0F"

I have googled the problem without success, it seems to be a VM problem.

On 0-10 with PCs I am about a 5 so any help most welcome.
TIA
gus0898uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2012, 12:22   #2
Mick Fisher
Inactive
 
Mick Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Northants
Age: 82
Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Posts: 5,122
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Re: New Super Hub now cannot send e-mails

Try gmail via it's web interface.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:27   #3
ferretuk
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Services: Plusnet Unlimited FTTC
Posts: 501
ferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpack
Re: New Super Hub now cannot send e-mails

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus0898uk View Post
I took delivery of the Super Hub at the end of last week and I am now having problems sending e-mails, "Outlook Express error 0x800CCC0F"

I have googled the problem without success, it seems to be a VM problem.

On 0-10 with PCs I am about a 5 so any help most welcome.
TIA
Can you receive emails OK?
What email service provider do you use?
ferretuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 16:02   #4
gus0898uk
cf.addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 131
gus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enough
Re: New Super Hub now cannot send e-mails

ferretuk
Yes i can recieve e-mails fine, Virgin media but my e-mail address is ntlworld.com.
When the OE box opens incoming mail is fine but the e-mail to be sent stays put.

Mick I'll have to have a look at that gmail thingy, all a bit strange for me.
gus0898uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 16:14   #5
ferretuk
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Services: Plusnet Unlimited FTTC
Posts: 501
ferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpack
Re: New Super Hub now cannot send e-mails

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus0898uk View Post
ferretuk
Yes i can recieve e-mails fine, Virgin media but my e-mail address is ntlworld.com.
When the OE box opens incoming mail is fine but the e-mail to be sent stays put.

Mick I'll have to have a look at that gmail thingy, all a bit strange for me.
What incoming and outgoing mail server have you got setup in OE?

Is SMTP authentication turned on?

See this link for the VM suggested settings.

By changing to a SH your WAN IP address will have changed and I'm *guessing* that the new address is in a block that the VM SMTP server has not been set to automatically recognise as being authorised to send from, hence needing SMTP authentication turn on in OE.

May be wrong though...
ferretuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 16:53   #6
gus0898uk
cf.addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 131
gus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enough
Re: New Super Hub now cannot send e-mails

Cheers ferre, just to update, the odd outgoing e-mail has gone but in the main the e-mail will not be sent.
inc mail Pop3 pop.ntlworld.com
out mail SMTP smtp.ntlworld.com
outgoing mail server requires authentification, I have tried this both ticked and unticked

Advanced
outgoing mail 465
server requires SSL ticked maybe tried unticked as well

I usually do not have many probs with VM, what is it? 10 posts in 5 years

---------- Post added at 17:48 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

Stop stop stop I may be Ok now, I unticked the secure SSL server and it changed from 465 to 25 and my mail went.
I have to send another mail to confirm ,but I think that I may be OK now, many thanks for your assistance.

---------- Post added at 17:53 ---------- Previous post was at 17:48 ----------

Yes, I am OK now, once again many thanks.
I unticked the SMTP server requires SSL and the box number changed from 465 to 25.
The mail goes out like shot off a shovel.
gus0898uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 20:07   #7
progers
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Nuneaton
Services: Broadband Up to 100Mb ~ TV Mix & TiVo 1Tb ~ Phone: Talk More Anytime
Posts: 1,057
progers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these parts
Re: New Super Hub now cannot send e-mails

Also worth using smtp.virginmedia.com even fir your ntl addresses
progers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 13:39   #8
h.cowell
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Macclesfield, Ches
Posts: 35
h.cowell is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New Super Hub now cannot send e-mails

It may be unrelated but I've also been having problems sending e-mails since yesterday morning. I get the same error code and I'm using an ntlworld.com address.

I had assumed it was a problem with Virgin, since I haven't changed anything at my end :-/. But after reading this thread I'm going to check my settings...

---

I unticked the same box as above, the number changed to 25 and now my mail goes. Very odd - not that I'm complaining!
h.cowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 14:52   #9
Ken Jude
Inactive
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 121
Ken Jude is on a distinguished roadKen Jude is on a distinguished road
Re: New Super Hub now cannot send e-mails

Has the roll-out to use SMTP authentication on the ntlworld smtp server been completed yet? Last update I saw from Ben a few months back was "later this year" and I haven't seen any communication from Virgin to say it's been completed.

I still have it turned off in Outlook, as mail wouldn't send without it being turned off.

On my phone I use the virginmedia smtp server as that works with smtp authentication.
Ken Jude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 16:32   #10
Sephiroth
Wisdom & truth
 
Sephiroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: RG41
Services: RG41: 1Gig VOLT Rutland: Gigaclear 400/400
Posts: 13,205
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: New Super Hub now cannot send e-mails

My NTLWorld account works ok. Haven't changed the settings in 4 years.

Incoming: pop3.ntlworld.com
outgoing: smtp.ntlworld.com

Outgoing Server: UNTICKED My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication

Advanced: Incoming server (POP3) = 995
TICKED This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)
Outgoing Server (SMTP) = 465
__________________
Seph.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:17.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum