adobe flash player -missing something!
03-08-2011, 08:07
|
#1
|
|
Do I care what you think
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,622
|
adobe flash player -missing something!
Using Windows Vista ,FireFox.
Upto a couple of days ago all was well. For no reason that I can think of Videos stopped working ( no meesage of any kind) on Daily Motion.
The flash player must have been working because it was only a problem on daily motion. Anyway was told I should uninstall Adobe & reinstall it. Did that now they do not work at all - message need to install flash player click here. Follow link to Adobe install & get message can only run one copy!
Tried unistall( using Adobe & reboot) & reinstall but failing, not sure the install is completing. Seem to think I should get a message about changes to PC. and is that OK, but so far none.
|
|
|
03-08-2011, 09:38
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2009
Services: Tivo & V+HD, 1 Phone, 100Mb Broadband
Posts: 89
|
Re: adobe flash player -missing something!
Which version of Flash are you installing?
|
|
|
03-08-2011, 11:10
|
#3
|
|
Do I care what you think
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,622
|
Re: adobe flash player -missing something!
Not sure of version number but it is the latest update.
|
|
|
03-08-2011, 12:23
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Blackpool
Services: Broadband XL
TV XL
Phone - A device with buttons that makes a funny noise when it rings!
Posts: 929
|
Re: adobe flash player -missing something!
Am beginning to wonder whether website designers are under a Microsoft brainwashing regime and that Mozilla browser users are turning out as victims. I say this, because I'm a Firefox user and participate in completing on-line surveys and many's the time I've been confronted with silly statements like:
"the latest version of Flash player is required for this website - click here to blah blah"
As I always have the latest version installed, it really gets on my pip when I see statements above. However in saying that, the issue doesn't appear if one is using (yuk-puke) Internet Explorer, which suggests that this particular browser is still viewed by many such website designers as the benchmark - very naive if you ask me.
Si thee
|
|
|
03-08-2011, 13:57
|
#5
|
|
Do I care what you think
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,622
|
Re: adobe flash player -missing something!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bw41101
Am beginning to wonder whether website designers are under a Microsoft brainwashing regime and that Mozilla browser users are turning out as victims. I say this, because I'm a Firefox user and participate in completing on-line surveys and many's the time I've been confronted with silly statements like:
"the latest version of Flash player is required for this website - click here to blah blah"
As I always have the latest version installed, it really gets on my pip when I see statements above. However in saying that, the issue doesn't appear if one is using (yuk-puke) Internet Explorer, which suggests that this particular browser is still viewed by many such website designers as the benchmark - very naive if you ask me.
Si thee 
|
Have same problem on Internet Explorer
|
|
|
03-08-2011, 15:30
|
#7
|
|
Do I care what you think
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,622
|
Re: adobe flash player -missing something!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acathla
|
Tried about Six times ! if reinstalled. still get message need to install 
Uninstalled switch off & reinstall still get the same message. I guess I am missing something else but have no idea what.
|
|
|
04-08-2011, 08:00
|
#8
|
|
Do I care what you think
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,622
|
Re: adobe flash player -missing something!
Ok went back a month to see if that helped! & at least flash player is working
It looks as if the problem is in DailyMotion it comes up ok but no video plays. Other sites work fine so I guess its not the flash player. Any ideas?
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:39.
|