13-10-2010, 18:44
|
#1
|
|
This tastes nice
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hindley Green Wigan
Services: TV360/1gb internet
Posts: 571
|
Too good to be true?
I have seen a private advert for someone selling a hardly used 3 month old 15 inch Macbook Pro for £550.00.
Considering that these things cost around £1600 new i can't help but think it is not genuine, yes it might be that price and age but is it stolen goods??
I would very much like it but i don't want stolen goods.
I might ring the seller and quiz him or her about it.
|
|
|
13-10-2010, 18:59
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Essex
Age: 38
Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q)
Sky Fibre Unlimited
Sky Landline
Posts: 8,851
|
Re: Too good to be true??
Quote:
Originally Posted by philwhite100
I have seen a private advert for someone selling a hardly used 3 month old 15 inch Macbook Pro for £550.00.
Considering that these things cost around £1600 new i can't help but think it is not genuine, yes it might be that price and age but is it stolen goods??
I would very much like it but i don't want stolen goods.
I might ring the seller and quiz him or her about it.
|
Sounds dodgy to me. The fact that you are correct about their true value and what the seller is offering, it does seem too good to be true
|
|
|
13-10-2010, 19:03
|
#3
|
|
Mum 30/09/20 Dad 08/08/24
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Age: 57
Services: 2 x TiVo 360s, SH5. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Posts: 17,397
|
Re: Too good to be true??
If it sounds to good to be true, it often is.
__________________
I'm a Trustee for a local charity
|
|
|
13-10-2010, 19:33
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
Posts: 5,536
|
Re: Too good to be true??
Of course, we could all be cynics, and they are selling because their father died recently, and they just want to give it to a good home
lol..nooo...noooo...the laughterrrrrrrrrrrrrr....I mustn't laugh
|
|
|
13-10-2010, 20:32
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London way
Age: 50
Services: Sarcasm
Posts: 8,376
|
Re: Too good to be true??
|
|
|
13-10-2010, 21:23
|
#6
|
|
Remoaner
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 33,025
|
Re: Too good to be true??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r
If it sounds to good to be true, it often is.
|
This.
Be vary wary. They can sell for a lot more than that, much older ones well for more than that, so they want it gone quickly.
|
|
|
14-10-2010, 09:10
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: cambs
Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
Posts: 780
|
Re: Too good to be true?
Quote:
Originally Posted by philwhite100
I have seen a private advert for someone selling a hardly used 3 month old 15 inch Macbook Pro for £550.00.
Considering that these things cost around £1600 new i can't help but think it is not genuine, yes it might be that price and age but is it stolen goods??
I would very much like it but i don't want stolen goods.
I might ring the seller and quiz him or her about it.
|
Perhaps, although they could have won it and just want a quick bit of cash, in fact the company one of my suppliers works for, often give out gifts to the staff including Ipads, iphones, laptops, tv's just if they hit certain targets and she just flogs any she gets cheap
|
|
|
14-10-2010, 11:29
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Huntingdon, Cambs
Age: 60
Services: SKY HD+, BT BB
Posts: 586
|
Re: Too good to be true??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey
|
Must admit I did chuckle at the gullibility of these people - although knowing some of the good folk of Huntingdon not entirely surprising
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:23.
|