Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | A good occasional dialup internet service?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other ISPs Discussion

A good occasional dialup internet service?
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2007, 20:26   #1
GuestUK
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Services: Ex-NTL: Virgin 4mb internet, Virgin phone, Virgin Digital TV (XL): 1 Pace STB, 1 V+ STB
Posts: 245
GuestUK is a splendid one to beholdGuestUK is a splendid one to beholdGuestUK is a splendid one to beholdGuestUK is a splendid one to beholdGuestUK is a splendid one to beholdGuestUK is a splendid one to beholdGuestUK is a splendid one to beholdGuestUK is a splendid one to beholdGuestUK is a splendid one to behold
A good occasional dialup internet service?

Hello,

A few months a year, I tend to like to go away for a bit and get away from home and work life. However, I must admit, I do enjoy still having access to the internet, particularly in the evenings.

Currently, in addition to my VM broadband, I pay for AOL dialup at £15 a month, because I know it will always work and it's always there if I go away. All I need is a phone socket, and I can hook my PDA or laptop up to it and connect, and then have unlimited usage.

However, £15 a month for occasional service is quite high. Unfortunately, when I do use the internet when I'm away, I use it quite a bit (1p/3p pay as you go would get quite expensive all in one month).

Therefore, I am trying to look for some alternative way of getting service, either a cheap plan or one which can be paid for for an individual month.

The best I have found is myinternetpass which looks like a good idea and just what I am looking for. However, most reviews of them seem quite poor (although most are quite old from 2004 when they were new, and perhaps they were early difficulties).

Has anyone used myinternetpass, a service like it, or could recommend a good service provider for occasional but heavy usage? Avoiding paying a high monthly price for 10 months of the year when it is not being used would indeed be quite nice.

Any help would be highly appreciated,

Thanks in advance
GuestUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:26.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum