Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BBC Interactive on Football

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

BBC Interactive on Football
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 19-01-2005, 19:50   #1
scrotnig
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,499
scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
BBC Interactive on Football

Bit late to mention it I suppose, but it's nice to see red button facilities on Match Of The Day Live tonight.....
scrotnig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-01-2005, 19:51   #2
Neil
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 6,058
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Re: BBC Interactive on Football

Is that both Bromley and Langley Mark?
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2005, 19:52   #3
scrotnig
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,499
scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
Re: BBC Interactive on Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Is that both Bromley and Langley Mark?
Shamefully, I don't know!

Normally I look this sort of thing up at work and check, but I have been so busy I forgot.

I'm on Bromley, and it's on there, but I confess I've no idea about Langley.
scrotnig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2005, 19:53   #4
Neil
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 6,058
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Re: BBC Interactive on Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B
Shamefully, I don't know!

Normally I look this sort of thing up at work and check, but I have been so busy I forgot.

I'm on Bromley, and it's on there, but I confess I've no idea about Langley.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2005, 11:36   #5
Tod
Inactive
 
Tod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Aldershot, Hampshire
Services: Virgin Media - Tivo, TV XL, Broadband XL, Phone XL, Mobile
Posts: 677
Tod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to all
Re: BBC Interactive on Football

Isn't it wonderful, on BBC one last night, PRESS RED appears, BBC menu comes up and.....................

No interactive content!

I guess everyone alse in the country got interactive except NTL customers with houses a front door and roof tiles
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2005, 14:40   #6
Rillington
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Posts: 1,157
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era
Re: BBC Interactive on Football

What dso you expect? ntl seems unable to carry any of the BBC interative applications. When I tried to access Score Interactive it merely crashed the box so I go to Freeview for such services.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2005, 20:00   #7
browneggsandham
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hove
Age: 38
Services: Virgin Media VIP - 2 x V6, M350 & phone
Posts: 288
browneggsandham is on a distinguished roadbrowneggsandham is on a distinguished road
Re: BBC Interactive on Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod
Isn't it wonderful, on BBC one last night, PRESS RED appears, BBC menu comes up and.....................

No interactive content!

I guess everyone alse in the country got interactive except NTL customers with houses a front door and roof tiles
I take it you didn't try rebooting the box. That tends to help.
browneggsandham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2005, 21:29   #8
Bob
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Croydon
Age: 40
Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Posts: 1,310
Bob has reached the bronze age
Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age
Re: BBC Interactive on Football

Or on Langley with a Samsung, no end of rebooting will fix it!
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2005, 16:09   #9
browneggsandham
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hove
Age: 38
Services: Virgin Media VIP - 2 x V6, M350 & phone
Posts: 288
browneggsandham is on a distinguished roadbrowneggsandham is on a distinguished road
Re: BBC Interactive on Football

Is it not live on Langley then?

Browneggsandham
browneggsandham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2005, 17:27   #10
Bob
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Croydon
Age: 40
Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Posts: 1,310
Bob has reached the bronze age
Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age
Re: BBC Interactive on Football

Well it should be... damn you Samsung!
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2005, 17:48   #11
nffc
cf.mega poster
 
nffc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: chavvy Nottingham
Age: 42
Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
Posts: 7,489
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star
Re: BBC Interactive on Football

The best thing about interactive BBC football is the score updates service on Sat afternoon. Similar to Sky's but way superior.

Unfortunately I only have freeview and can't get the multiplex properly, so it breaks up a lot. I normally just have the forest match commentary on as well (if I'm not there of course) so I just mute the TV.
__________________


nffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 05:02   #12
Pieman
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Waterlooville
Services: V+ / 20Mb BB
Posts: 129
Pieman is on a distinguished roadPieman is on a distinguished road
Re: BBC Interactive on Football

I tried accessing the Interactive services during the Oldham - Bolton game (while the game was on) and all I was offered was highlights of the previous days games on a loop.
Did I not leave it long enough into the game as I know BBC normally do choice of commentries.......
Pieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 09:08   #13
Mal
Inactive
 
Mal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Services: Virgin Media
Posts: 9,163
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Re: BBC Interactive on Football

Well, for the Utd - Exeter and Utd - 'boro games, I could get the BBCi menu up, but there was no option for the interactive football.

I did reboot a few times as well.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 09:32   #14
sherer
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Bromley
Age: 48
Posts: 2,688
sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society
Re: BBC Interactive on Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieman
I tried accessing the Interactive services during the Oldham - Bolton game (while the game was on) and all I was offered was highlights of the previous days games on a loop.
Did I not leave it long enough into the game as I know BBC normally do choice of commentries.......
i'm not 100 % sure but i think that is what BBC is offering for the FA Cup that you can select the match highlights you want to see... Abit like Football First on Sky Plus

still at least NTL are slowly but surely getting there
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 20:57.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum