TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
14-08-2012, 17:35
|
#76
|
|
cf.member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 46
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Choice
So you can move the 5 minutes but cannot have more, that is crazy, V+ had better flexibility. What if you want a 15 minute overrun, Tivo cannot provide! Another great improvement turned into a c*ck up then.
|
Actually it can provide, but you have to do it manually each time you set up a recording or series link.
So - if it can be done manually, why not by default?
Doesn't make sense.
|
|
|
14-08-2012, 17:58
|
#77
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cambs
Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
Posts: 1,094
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
[QUOTE=carlwaring;35463155]Then stop stating things as fact; which is what you did.]
When did I state it was fact? As I previously said it was just what I noticed from the posts on two seperate websites. Jeepers  IF, and it is a HUGE, IF I post a fact I will state it is a fact 
"No, but then I did not have to because I never said they were."
Its a shame you could not back up anything when I asked you either. I figured you must have had some clear evidence to contradict something you though was a "fact"....honestly "fact"LOL,ROFL. If you did not, why ask me to prove something there is noway I could prove? In future please ask if its my opinion or a fact.
Nope, you never said they were, you just implied they were when you questioned my really rather harmless statement.
passingbat was correct and its time to let it slide, (which I have with him) and am now doing so with you.
I will welcome your reply, but I will let it slide
|
|
|
14-08-2012, 18:02
|
#78
|
|
Grumpy Fecker
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,098
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Choice
So you can move the 5 minutes but cannot have more, that is crazy, V+ had better flexibility. What if you want a 15 minute overrun, Tivo cannot provide! Another great improvement turned into a c*ck up then.
|
Well considering how the BBC fecked up there coverage of the challenge cup semi final AGAIN this year 5 minutes will not be enough to cover there mistake if they repeat it for the ruddy final.
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user
https://nobaraproject.org/
|
|
|
14-08-2012, 18:04
|
#79
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Choice
So you can move the 5 minutes but cannot have more, that is crazy, V+ had better flexibility. What if you want a 15 minute overrun, Tivo cannot provide! Another great improvement turned into a c*ck up then.
|
You will still be able to add the 15 mins if you want to; just not as a default. Which, in my opinion, is fair enough as the only time you'd need that 15 mins is in extreme, and rare, circumstances where a live event over-runs.
So no, not a mistake at all
|
|
|
14-08-2012, 18:05
|
#80
|
|
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 69
Services: Premiere Collection
Posts: 45,048
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Enough
__________________
Thank you for calling the Abyss.
If you have called to scream, please press 1 to be transferred to the Void, or press 2 to begin your stare.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
|
|
|
14-08-2012, 18:11
|
#81
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
So no, not a mistake at all 
|
In your opinion. Some people want to add more than 5 minutes padding as a default. Why shouldn't they be able to?
|
|
|
14-08-2012, 18:40
|
#82
|
|
Grumpy Fecker
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,098
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat
In your opinion. Some people want to add more than 5 minutes padding as a default. Why shouldn't they be able to?
|
I certainly do as i cannot trust some programs by some providers to be on time in the first place.
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user
https://nobaraproject.org/
|
|
|
14-08-2012, 18:40
|
#83
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nottingham
Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Posts: 701
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meng
Actually it can provide, but you have to do it manually each time you set up a recording or series link.
So - if it can be done manually, why not by default?
Doesn't make sense.
|
Could just about live with that since 15 minute would be an exception while default can be less, but 5 minutes flex either way by default is not enough IMHO.
|
|
|
14-08-2012, 21:32
|
#84
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brizzle
Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
Posts: 359
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Sooooooo... Had the update.
Reminders are there but you have to record as well, never been too bothered with reminders but will prob use now its there. Very happy that recording presets are BACK!
But.... And there just had to be one.... I find it really bizarre that the maximum preset padding is five minutes in total. Try setting to it five before and five after and you can't, or maybe just ten after and you'll find there is no option for this. Although, I probably should have anticipated something like that, you know, something just silly.
Why not just have the 'Options' screen back like it was to start with that way you could use all the padding options available. Why? Tell me?
---------- Post added at 22:32 ---------- Previous post was at 22:25 ----------
And it still defaults to keep Until Space needed!!!!!!! You can't even change it!!!! That's it. I'm going to Sky.
|
|
|
14-08-2012, 21:33
|
#85
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilo
Reminders are there but you have to record as well..
|
Well you need a Tuner free anyway, so why not
|
|
|
14-08-2012, 22:56
|
#86
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilo
Sooooooo... Had the update.
Reminders are there but you have to record as well, never been too bothered with reminders but will prob use now its there. Very happy that recording presets are BACK!
But.... And there just had to be one.... I find it really bizarre that the maximum preset padding is five minutes in total. Try setting to it five before and five after and you can't, or maybe just ten after and you'll find there is no option for this. Although, I probably should have anticipated something like that, you know, something just silly.
Why not just have the 'Options' screen back like it was to start with that way you could use all the padding options available. Why? Tell me?
---------- Post added at 22:32 ---------- Previous post was at 22:25 ----------
And it still defaults to keep Until Space needed!!!!!!! You can't even change it!!!! That's it. I'm going to Sky.
|
Oh dear, that's crazy if true.
Can anyone who works for VM confirm this and explain why there are these limitations? It looks as if Express Series Link will remain completely unuseable to me.
|
|
|
14-08-2012, 23:15
|
#87
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brizzle
Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
Posts: 359
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
I just don't understand why they'd do that you know. I know things sometimes don't go right but it almost seems as this is taking the p*ss a bit. You know, like VM
think: ok they want the presets back and we took the away because we thought they're no good. So we'll give them back to shut them up, but we'll put a little present in there just to take the shine of off it a bit for them.
I'm trying to think of a nicer explanation for it.
|
|
|
15-08-2012, 06:59
|
#88
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North-West Kent
Services: VIP
Posts: 2,887
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Whilst I think some of these implementations-only allowing a maximum of minutes padding, not being able to change the keep until setting-are clearly silly, I do think people should be prepared to try living with the current defaults for a while. If you've tried them and they don't work for you then fine, but if you haven't then try only setting express series links for a while. I genuinely think you'll be surprised at how clever TiVo is-for me the way it manages itself is it's best feature. I really think Virgin would have been better spending it's time and money educating it's customers on how best to use it's flagship product rather than develop add ons that were'nt in the original coding for over 10 years for a reason.
|
|
|
15-08-2012, 07:37
|
#89
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
They'll certainly be no more use to me than they are now as I wanted to change the defaults to -1/+1 as that's all I usually need. (In fact, 0/+1 would be even better!)
|
|
|
15-08-2012, 08:40
|
#90
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nottingham
Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Posts: 701
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
"keep until space needed" is just crazy, why do VM make things hard here as hardly anybody would want that type of approach. Much prefer it to be Tivo says its cannot record when no space is left so vast majority of users would want the default to be "until I decide to delete" (or whatever Tivo says as the option, not near my box right now to check). Tivo already alerts you when it does not have enough space, I've reached that limit once alreday. Don't like the idea Tivo can delete items by itself without me being aware, it should be my decision. Feel another "feature tweak" is required!
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:56.
|