Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Jehova's Witness - Confused.....

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Jehova's Witness - Confused.....
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 24-06-2004, 23:54   #31
Russ
cf.mega poster
 
Russ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Half in the corporeal, half in the etheral
Posts: 37,181
Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Jehova's Witness - Confused.....

I don't see any point in trying to predict it - when it happens, it's going to happen and nothing we can do will stop it.
__________________
Heavy Is The Crown
Russ is offline  
Advertisement
Old 24-06-2004, 23:56   #32
bbwannabe
Inactive
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 567
bbwannabe is a jewel in the roughbbwannabe is a jewel in the roughbbwannabe is a jewel in the roughbbwannabe is a jewel in the roughbbwannabe is a jewel in the rough
Re: Jehova's Witness - Confused.....

is it me or can no-one give a definite straight answer these days?

my mum and lil bro do it. I ask them a question (hypothetical) and give them two choices, and they always avoid it but going on about something else. loll.
bbwannabe is offline  
Old 24-06-2004, 23:57   #33
Russ
cf.mega poster
 
Russ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Half in the corporeal, half in the etheral
Posts: 37,181
Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Jehova's Witness - Confused.....

What's the question???
__________________
Heavy Is The Crown
Russ is offline  
Old 24-06-2004, 23:57   #34
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.
 
dilli-theclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: Jehova's Witness - Confused.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
There are quite a few 'sects' of the JWs - it's not always possible to be sure who you're dealing with. Give me half an hour and I'll be home and I'll tell you more then.
Thanks
dilli-theclaw is offline  
Old 24-06-2004, 23:58   #35
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.
 
dilli-theclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: Jehova's Witness - Confused.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlingman
Well from a personal perspective to myself.

I have a cousin and cousin in law who are "practising" Jehovah Witnessess and my partner Julie is also diabetic and insulin dependant and never have I known them to express any issues with about this with us.

It is possible though they are just being polite to myself and Julies as they do live 200 miles away and we only see each other a couple of times per year for family get togethers etc. but on every occasion they have been aware of the fact that Julie is insulin dependant etc and never have either of them expressed any issues or concerns with this.

I know they have strong feelings on blood transfusions etc., and at Xmas time me and Julie can only give gifts to their children if they are wrapped up in plain brown paper as they do not celebrate Xmas etc and they even take their children out of school at this time to avoid any celebrations etc.

But the insulin/diabetic issue is a new one on me.

My cousins who are Jehovas Witnesses are currently away at the moment so I cannot phone to tactfully ask but I also work with someone who is and if I get chance and he is in work tomorrow then I will tactfully ask him tomorrow and post back with any information I find.

Thank you
dilli-theclaw is offline  
Old 24-06-2004, 23:59   #36
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.
 
dilli-theclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: Jehova's Witness - Confused.....

...And thanks to everyone else who has commented - I've read all of them and taken them in. Thanks for your time.
dilli-theclaw is offline  
Old 25-06-2004, 00:01   #37
danielf
cf.mega poser
 
danielf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 16,687
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
Re: Jehova's Witness - Confused.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanf617
<snip>
The alternative approach, I suppose, would be to express an interest and ask for their home address so you can come and chat to them about it another time....
I like that thought!!!!! I will be skipping 'no I'm not interested' for 'could I have your home address' from now on...
__________________
Remember kids: We are blessed with a listening, caring government.
danielf is offline  
Old 25-06-2004, 00:01   #38
MetaWraith
Inactive
 
MetaWraith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 2nd CPU to the right & past the cache
Posts: 1,949
MetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appeal
MetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via ICQ to MetaWraith Send a message via AIM to MetaWraith Send a message via MSN to MetaWraith Send a message via Yahoo to MetaWraith
Re: Jehova's Witness - Confused.....

The thing about religion is it's not as if you can go to your nearest white goods/electrical/hifi store and compare spec sheets / discounts / trade-ins etc.

Even in schools that teach Religious Education, I think (and this is just my opinion) that there will undoubtedly be a bias in approach, even if several religions are sampled.

The best we can hope for is religous tolerance amongst our family, friends, colleagues and neighbours. Hopefully life will eventually teach enough people that.
MetaWraith is offline  
Old 25-06-2004, 00:01   #39
bbwannabe
Inactive
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 567
bbwannabe is a jewel in the roughbbwannabe is a jewel in the roughbbwannabe is a jewel in the roughbbwannabe is a jewel in the roughbbwannabe is a jewel in the rough
Re: Jehova's Witness - Confused.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
What's the question???
shoot... i forgot to add to the previous post:
I dont expect an answer to these.. (as in i hope i do but i know i wont get a straight one lol) cheeky.
bbwannabe is offline  
Old 25-06-2004, 00:03   #40
Russ
cf.mega poster
 
Russ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Half in the corporeal, half in the etheral
Posts: 37,181
Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Jehova's Witness - Confused.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaWraith
The thing about religion is it's not as if you can go to your nearest white goods/electrical/hifi store and compare spec sheets / discounts / trade-ins etc.

Even in schools that teach Religious Education, I think (and this is just my opinion) that there will undoubtedly be a bias in approach, even if several religions are sampled.

The best we can hope for is religous tolerance amongst our family, friends, colleagues and neighbours. Hopefully life will eventually teach enough people that.
I'd say it's a case of just finding out for yourself what 'fits'. Some poeple feel you will need a little encouragement in certain areas - me, I just prefer to let you find out at your own speed

But your last statement hits the nail right on the head
__________________
Heavy Is The Crown
Russ is offline  
Old 25-06-2004, 00:54   #41
ZrByte
Inactive
 
ZrByte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wirral / Ex CWC Area
Age: 43
Posts: 3,251
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte
Re: Jehova's Witness - Confused.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
What's the question???
Who are you?


sorry, just been watching Babylon 5, still on Kosh mode
ZrByte is offline  
Old 25-06-2004, 06:46   #42
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
 
Maggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Jehova's Witness - Confused.....

Treat JW's and Latter Day Saints as salespeople.I never buy at the door so why treat any religious representative any differently.

NEVER,NEVER,NEVER accept any literature from JW's because they are such a mean bunch they will come back to collect it...No seriously they use it as an excuse to keep coming back and pestering you.

They are just about as bad as the reps from the power companies for persistance

Incog.
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
Maggy is offline  
Old 25-06-2004, 07:24   #43
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.
 
dilli-theclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: Jehova's Witness - Confused.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
Treat JW's and Latter Day Saints as salespeople.I never buy at the door so why treat any religious representative any differently.

NEVER,NEVER,NEVER accept any literature from JW's because they are such a mean bunch they will come back to collect it...No seriously they use it as an excuse to keep coming back and pestering you.

They are just about as bad as the reps from the power companies for persistance

Incog.
Ah yes - power companies....

'Didn't you come last week?'
'Yes'
'I told you then I wasn't interested'
'We are just seeing if you've changed your mind'

Git's - usually show up just after little'un has gone to bed - ring the doorbell and wake him up too.
dilli-theclaw is offline  
Old 25-06-2004, 08:32   #44
orangebird
Inactive
 
orangebird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Hampshire
Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
Posts: 5,684
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
Re: Jehova's Witness - Confused.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
Now - as some of you may know from my postings I normally TRY to avoid religion in my posts, But I have a question which someone on here may know the answer to.

First my 'history' with regard to the question....

A couple of years ago I allowed some Jehovas Witnesses in to have a discussion. Anyway to cut a very long story short I had to ask them to leave in the end as they started saying I should be dead and am an abomination... Amongst other things (they got VERY vocal before they left).

I am a diabetic on insulin and apprently this offended them something chronic.

What I'd like to know is this...

Is this a standard reply/action that I should meet when meeting someone from this faith (which to be honest I've avoided doing since as it upset me quite a bit then and now) - and if it IS normal for that fait what do THEY do if someone of their faith needs insulin?

If this is not normal then fine it must just be the local members that are/were doing it. I'd just like to know what I did that upset them so much.

I'm NOT trying to start an argument over the religion - just find out some answers.

If you'd rather PM me with an answer then that's fine.

Cheers in advance.
They're all like it - screwed in the head IMO. They bully, frighten and despise their own, let alone anyone outside the 'group'. They also put 'Jehovah' before their own children....sick, twisted people IMO.
orangebird is offline  
Old 25-06-2004, 08:33   #45
Jon M
Inactive
 
Jon M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: East Midlands
Age: 48
Services: Rural BB - Radio Link via Virgin Fibre
Posts: 2,947
Jon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze array
Jon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze array
Send a message via MSN to Jon M
Re: Jehova's Witness - Confused.....

<slightly off topic>

Last time JW's came to my parents house, they chose Haloween (sp?) of all evenings to do it.

I was about 13-14 at the time, and had been waiting all evening for trick-or-treaters to turn up because I had prepared a nice bucket of ice-cold water ready to throw over them from the bathroom window which overlooked the front door. (yes, I know thats a bit harsh/irresponsible.. but I've grown up a little bit since then)

Needless to say, the obvious happened.. and the JW's didn't end up having their usual long debate with my Dad
Jon M is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 16:54.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum