What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
14-03-2009, 18:05
|
#16
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Midlands
Services: V+
TV:XL
Broadband:XL
Telco:XL
Posts: 796
|
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
Wow puts my illness into perspective really, I just had to suffer with being aroused 24/7, which when you think about it doesn't sound so bad really..
|
|
|
14-03-2009, 18:06
|
#17
|
|
NUTS !!
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,316
|
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzzlemonkey
Wow puts my illness into perspective really, I just had to suffer with being aroused 24/7, which when you think about it doesn't sound so bad really..
|
I spent most of my teens like that and it wasn't that bad really.
__________________
Oh what fun it is
|
|
|
14-03-2009, 18:09
|
#18
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Midlands
Services: V+
TV:XL
Broadband:XL
Telco:XL
Posts: 796
|
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
Lmao! yeah but was that because you were ill or because you were just a derty berty?
|
|
|
14-03-2009, 18:13
|
#19
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Merseyside
Age: 37
Services: BT Infinity Option 2, HH5, synced at maximum 80Mbps/20Mbps.
Posts: 2,221
|
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutkp
I hope it's colitis out of the two (or IBS hopefully) as that's much more treatable / managable.
Hopefully you'll get some result though from the tests as they are all horrible. Drinking that clear out solution for the colonoscopy has got to be the most evil thing on earth.
|
I hope so too, regardless it will be with me for life now. There is no known cause either which isn't very encouraging.
Yes, the pickleaxe (picolax) is nasty stuff, but only because of the cramps. The "going" part isn't so bad, nothing I'm not already used to as a result of the chrons/colitis... However its worse than just colitis/chrons, since I'm losing blood when I "go" as well, making me iron deficit anemic.
Life is bad, but I'll get there!
|
|
|
14-03-2009, 18:13
|
#20
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,693
|
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
Quote:
|
Wow puts my illness into perspective really, I just had to suffer with being aroused 24/7, which when you think about it doesn't sound so bad really..
|
My bird wouldnt think so!
|
|
|
14-03-2009, 18:16
|
#21
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
|
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
Diabetic Retinopathy - that really sucks.
|
|
|
14-03-2009, 18:18
|
#22
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Midlands
Services: V+
TV:XL
Broadband:XL
Telco:XL
Posts: 796
|
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHISTLED
My bird wouldnt think so!
|
lol! Still have that pet pidgeon do we?
|
|
|
14-03-2009, 18:39
|
#23
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,103
|
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
I have Iritis, that reoccurs whenever it wants to, can be free for a year then might have it 4 times the next year. Very painful indeed, the first time I had it, it got misdiagnosed for about 5 days, and I ended up wanting to pull my eyeball out!
Then I had to have an injection in my eyeball, very scary!
I now self -medicate, and have supplies of the drops at all times, so if I catch it early, I do not suffer too much any more.
Worst thing was a servere case of Shingles though, all around the trunk of my body.
I had to continue to work, as self employed, and at that time could not afford to pay someone else to do my work for me.
I'm sounding just like my Grandma now, moaning about her ailments!!
|
|
|
14-03-2009, 18:48
|
#24
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Half in the corporeal, half in the etheral
Posts: 37,181
|
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
Ah yeah, my cataracts. Not nice.
__________________
Heavy Is The Crown
|
|
|
14-03-2009, 18:52
|
#25
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
|
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
I'm now a member of that club too  - alhtough I am not having to be awake to have them out.. Thankfully
|
|
|
14-03-2009, 18:53
|
#26
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Midlands
Services: V+
TV:XL
Broadband:XL
Telco:XL
Posts: 796
|
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
What's it like to have cataracts? Can you actually see anything?
|
|
|
14-03-2009, 18:57
|
#27
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
|
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
I don't know about Russ. And, unfortunately, in my case the answer would be no either way
|
|
|
14-03-2009, 19:01
|
#28
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Midlands
Services: V+
TV:XL
Broadband:XL
Telco:XL
Posts: 796
|
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
Oh dear.
How did you get to the doctors???
|
|
|
14-03-2009, 19:02
|
#29
|
|
Guest
|
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
|
|
|
|
14-03-2009, 19:05
|
#30
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
|
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzzlemonkey
Oh dear.
How did you get to the doctors???
|
I'm not suire I follow - how do you mean?
I am quite adept with my cane now, so I walked.
---------- Post added at 20:05 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb
|
Inflamation of the brain - now that sounds icky....
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:34.
|