Why cats don't go for sweet foods
07-08-2005, 17:41
|
#1
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Why cats don't go for sweet foods
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
07-08-2005, 20:57
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: nowhere
Posts: 718
|
Re: Why cats don't go for sweet foods
What a complete load of rubbish...I had a cat that liked sweet food. She enjoyed licking the dessert bowl after I had finished  Sweet food included custard, mousse, ice cream and angel delight...everything a healthy cat needs
|
|
|
07-08-2005, 21:01
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Warrington ntl:81304 Altitude: 12m (and falling)
Posts: 4,499
|
Re: Why cats don't go for sweet foods
My mum's cat, Flossie, used to dash into the room as soon as she heard anyone unwrapping a Quality Street. She'd go mad until she got one of her own. Perhaps it was the chocolate...
|
|
|
07-08-2005, 21:01
|
#4
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 51
Posts: 7,101
|
Re: Why cats don't go for sweet foods
Blimey, I never knew that.... although I was aware that chocolate contains chemicals that are potentially toxic for cats.
Come here, Dougal, and eat some of this Spira
|
|
|
07-08-2005, 21:01
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Leeds
Age: 65
Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Posts: 7,523
|
Re: Why cats don't go for sweet foods
I had a cat that liked sweet things
|
|
|
07-08-2005, 21:01
|
#6
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 51
Posts: 7,101
|
Re: Why cats don't go for sweet foods
Oh, Dougal is the name of our cat, in case you wre wondering
|
|
|
07-08-2005, 21:03
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Services: Virgin Media
Posts: 9,163
|
Re: Why cats don't go for sweet foods
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Gareth
Oh, Dougal is the name of our cat, in case you wre wondering 
|
Well, of you were testing whether or not it liked chocolate that's okay, but if your testing the toxic chocolate bit, naughty
|
|
|
07-08-2005, 21:07
|
#8
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 51
Posts: 7,101
|
Re: Why cats don't go for sweet foods
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Mal
Well, of you were testing whether or not it liked chocolate that's okay, but if your testing the toxic chocolate bit, naughty 
|
Heh, it's my missus' cat and I'm not too fond of him, so I'll leave that up to you to decide. We don't have any rivers near-by so I guess the Spira will have to do!
|
|
|
07-08-2005, 21:08
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 127.0.0.1
Services: 50MB Virgin w/ TiVo 1TB
Posts: 1,255
|
Re: Why cats don't go for sweet foods
My cat is like a dustbin - he eats doritos.
__________________
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds - Bob Marley
|
|
|
07-08-2005, 21:12
|
#10
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 51
Posts: 7,101
|
Re: Why cats don't go for sweet foods
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by LemonyBrainAid
My cat is like a dustbin - he eats doritos. 
|
Don't worry about the cat, but I'd be really scared of your dustbin, if I was you!
|
|
|
07-08-2005, 21:22
|
#11
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Expanding Town with crap roads
Age: 67
Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Posts: 7,674
|
Re: Why cats don't go for sweet foods
A cat can never become vegetarian, whereas a dog can!
|
|
|
08-08-2005, 14:59
|
#12
|
|
Hello !
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere
Services: AppleTV, Netflix
Posts: 16,803
|
Re: Why cats don't go for sweet foods
I wish I was a cat then. I just love chocolate and I wish I didnt have this need for sweet things so much.
|
|
|
09-08-2005, 12:20
|
#13
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Why cats don't go for sweet foods
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by LemonyBrainAid
My cat is like a dustbin - he eats doritos. 
|
Our two will eat anything, pizza, curry and chille being amongst the weirdest stuff so far...
|
|
|
|
09-08-2005, 12:58
|
#14
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Hampshire
Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
Posts: 5,684
|
Re: Why cats don't go for sweet foods
My cat is a freak then. She loves chocolate and other sweet stuff...
|
|
|
09-08-2005, 13:17
|
#15
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Expanding Town with crap roads
Age: 67
Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Posts: 7,674
|
Re: Why cats don't go for sweet foods
My mum had a cat that would eat cucumbers (except for the seeds in the middle).
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:13.
|