03-08-2005, 12:12
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Services: anything for a new job
Posts: 4,165
|
your advice on Phones
hi guys,
Another ALDI product that I would like your opinion on.
it is at: http://uk.aldi.com/ special buys section
Twin DECT Phone/Answering Machine Set
My mother is looking for a new phone and I thought this one looks/sounds ok, but most of the details I am not sure on.
what do you lot think?
ik
|
|
|
03-08-2005, 12:14
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Hampshire
Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
Posts: 5,684
|
Re: your advice on Phones
£30 is good for that, but I'm unsure about the lifespan of the batteries - 160 hours is less than a week...
|
|
|
03-08-2005, 12:23
|
#3
|
|
Guest
|
Re: your advice on Phones
I always put my dect fones back to charge over night,I would never leave them off the charger for 160 hours  Fair price for the product. Argos do a pair without answermachine for a pair
|
|
|
|
03-08-2005, 12:28
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Leeds
Age: 65
Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Posts: 7,523
|
Re: your advice on Phones
Good price for those
Always make sure you have a corded phone or mobile though in case of power cuts and an emergency arising
|
|
|
03-08-2005, 12:32
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Services: anything for a new job
Posts: 4,165
|
Re: your advice on Phones
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by orangebird
£30 is good for that, but I'm unsure about the lifespan of the batteries - 160 hours is less than a week... :Erm:
|
do you mean this is the lifespan, before recharging? today I am a
ik
__________________
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by whyme38
Good price for those
Always make sure you have a corded phone or mobile though in case of power cuts and an emergency arising
|
yip the corded phone stays in the hall, next to the kitchen cause no power points there.
ik
|
|
|
03-08-2005, 12:32
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Leeds
Age: 65
Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Posts: 7,523
|
Re: your advice on Phones
That is the life span before recharging which I think is good
|
|
|
03-08-2005, 12:34
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Hampshire
Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
Posts: 5,684
|
Re: your advice on Phones
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by whyme38
That is the life span before recharging which I think is good
|
Really? I suppose I do tend to leave my phone lying round the house a lot longer than I should...
|
|
|
03-08-2005, 12:36
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Services: anything for a new job
Posts: 4,165
|
Re: your advice on Phones
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by orangebird
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by whyme38
That is the life span before recharging which I think is good
|
Really? I suppose I do tend to leave my phone lying round the house a lot longer than I should...
|
I would tend to charge it more than once a week.
ik
|
|
|
03-08-2005, 12:37
|
#9
|
|
Guest
|
Re: your advice on Phones
Like I said mine go back on charge every night
|
|
|
|
03-08-2005, 12:38
|
#10
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Hampshire
Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
Posts: 5,684
|
Re: your advice on Phones
I wander round the house with it, leave it somewhere, then don't think to go and find it... I use my mobile to dial out most of the time, and receive most of my calls on my mobile too, so I don't always think about where the land line phone is
|
|
|
03-08-2005, 12:42
|
#11
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Services: anything for a new job
Posts: 4,165
|
Re: your advice on Phones
thanks everyone, pips all round.
ik
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 15:10.
|