08-02-2005, 12:10
|
#16
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Hampshire
Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
Posts: 5,684
|
Re: Phone question
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Neil
Welcome to the world of ntl....
More importantly-  to the site! 
|
Neil, it doesn't say that because Thorns post is tripe.
Quote:
She'll sort out the facts for you regarding what you can & can't have.
|
All done
|
|
|
08-02-2005, 12:23
|
#17
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Manchester
Services: NTL 750k STB Broadband
Telco, Family Pack CATV.
Posts: 52
|
Re: Phone question
Ring up and ask if you don't believe it.
Maybe I'm thinking of Nynex and Bell Cable Media areas only.
If you're in Staffs, I honestly don't believe you'll get any joy.
Orangebird, come back to when you have learned some manners.
|
|
|
08-02-2005, 12:25
|
#18
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: South-East-Cambridge
Services: ntl digital basepack
ntl 1M broadband
Posts: 1,068
|
Re: Phone question
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Thorn
Ring up and ask if you don't believe it.
Maybe I'm thinking of Nynex and Bell Cable Media areas only.
|
Well, I am living in Cambridge and have CLID on my NTL line.
|
|
|
08-02-2005, 12:27
|
#19
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Manchester
Services: NTL 750k STB Broadband
Telco, Family Pack CATV.
Posts: 52
|
Re: Phone question
You'll be ex-Videotron though, right?
|
|
|
08-02-2005, 12:27
|
#20
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: South-East-Cambridge
Services: ntl digital basepack
ntl 1M broadband
Posts: 1,068
|
Re: Phone question
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Thorn
You'll be ex-Videotron though, right?
|
No, ex-CambridgeCable.
|
|
|
08-02-2005, 12:29
|
#21
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Hampshire
Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
Posts: 5,684
|
Re: Phone question
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Thorn
You'll be ex-Videotron though, right?
|
Manners? I least I have FACTS. You info is crap, and basing what you think you know around old geography is not excusable. You stated that ntl do not provide CLID any further south than Leeds. Which is WRONG. End of.
So please, don't even bother thinking of coming back to me until you get your 'facts' right.
|
|
|
08-02-2005, 12:31
|
#22
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Manchester
Services: NTL 750k STB Broadband
Telco, Family Pack CATV.
Posts: 52
|
Re: Phone question
Ah well, you learn something new everyday. I think it still applies for what are classed as NW customers on ex-Nynex systems, which I think all of Staff's is.
__________________
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by orangebird
Manners? I least I have FACTS. You info is crap, and basing what you think you know around old geography is not excusable. You stated that ntl do not provide CLID any further south than Leeds. Which is WRONG. End of. 
|
Apparently it is wrong, but I am referring to a customer based in what is classed as NW on ex-Nynex/BCM systems.
You need to calm down, you'll live longer. There's a fact for you.
You still need some manners.
|
|
|
08-02-2005, 12:32
|
#23
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Hampshire
Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
Posts: 5,684
|
Re: Phone question
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Thorn
Ah well, you learn something new everyday. I think it still applies for what are classed as NW customers on ex-Nynex systems, which I think all of Staff's is.
|
*sigh* No, it's not. Staffs is an orginal ntl (ComTel actually) region. NOT Nynex. And also considered up until a year ago to be in the South Region.
Calm down? I'm sorry, but I'm too busy pmsl at your posts.
Do you enjoy making yourself look silly?
|
|
|
08-02-2005, 12:34
|
#24
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Manchester
Services: NTL 750k STB Broadband
Telco, Family Pack CATV.
Posts: 52
|
Re: Phone question
If I'm wrong, then I'll say so. If you're wrong and caller id can't be applied to that line, will you admit as much?
As far as making myself look silly, I do it all the time. You wouldn't be the first, or most important, person to point it out.
|
|
|
08-02-2005, 12:37
|
#25
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Hampshire
Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
Posts: 5,684
|
Re: Phone question
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Thorn
If I'm wrong, then I'll say so. If you're wrong and caller id can't be applied to that line, will you admit as much?
|
Absolutely.
However, _simons_ account is on the ITC system. CLID is available to subscribers on the ITC system. I don't think it'll come to me admitting I'm wrong on this.
|
|
|
08-02-2005, 12:39
|
#26
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Manchester
Services: NTL 750k STB Broadband
Telco, Family Pack CATV.
Posts: 52
|
Re: Phone question
Fair enough then.
In future, do you mind waving your reputation with a little more delicacy? You'll have someone's eye out.
...and you know his account is on this system how, exactly?
|
|
|
08-02-2005, 12:46
|
#27
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Hampshire
Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
Posts: 5,684
|
Re: Phone question
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Thorn
Fair enough then.
In future, do you mind waving your reputation with a little more delicacy? You'll have someone's eye out.
|
I'll wave my reputation around as delicately as you wave your 'facts' around, how's that?
Quote:
|
...and you know his account is on this system how, exactly?
|
Because I work for ntl and have access to the postcode checker which tells me the relevant subscriber system for any given area. Feature availability is detemined by subscriber system ie ITC, which DOES offer CLID.
|
|
|
08-02-2005, 12:48
|
#28
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Manchester
Services: NTL 750k STB Broadband
Telco, Family Pack CATV.
Posts: 52
|
Re: Phone question
Right, I'll shut my face, then. 
Happy now?
|
|
|
08-02-2005, 12:50
|
#29
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Hampshire
Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
Posts: 5,684
|
Re: Phone question
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Thorn
Right, I'll shut my face, then. 
Happy now?
|
I'm always happy
|
|
|
08-02-2005, 13:49
|
#30
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,604
|
Re: Phone question
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Thorn
Ring up and ask if you don't believe it.
Maybe I'm thinking of Nynex and Bell Cable Media areas only.
If you're in Staffs, I honestly don't believe you'll get any joy.
Orangebird, come back to when you have learned some manners.
|
utter tripe, OB is correct, in fact the whole of what was South Central is able to have Caller ID on their phone, this includes, Thames Valley, Swindon, Oxford, Coventry, Warwickshire, Staffordshire, Andover, Northants and Hemel
OB you are right - Thorn you are wrong now say sorry
and i know as i spent almost 4 years working in that area
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:37.
|