Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTL caller display

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

NTL caller display
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2005, 10:08   #46
andrew_wallasey
Inactive
 
andrew_wallasey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 477
andrew_wallasey is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: NTL caller display

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
In your experience, what companies fall into that catagory? (I.E. what companies have you actually dealt with that made your blood boil when it came to sorting out a problem?)
Npower
BT
Sky
British Gas
Inland Revenue
Liverpool Direct
O2
One&One
HP
Sony Viao Helpline
Natwest
Barclays Business
Timewarp Internet
Esure

The list could go on forever
andrew_wallasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-01-2005, 11:31   #47
Rone
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Manchester South
Services: BB XL
Posts: 718
Rone will become famous soon enoughRone will become famous soon enoughRone will become famous soon enough
Re: NTL caller display

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_wallasey
Npower
BT
Sky
British Gas
Inland Revenue
Liverpool Direct
O2
One&One
HP
Sony Viao Helpline
Natwest
Barclays Business
Timewarp Internet
Esure

The list could go on forever
Might be easier to quote who didnt.
Rone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2005, 12:43   #48
Shep
Inactive
 
Shep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Wilts, I belong in Glasgow.
Age: 43
Services: VM Tivo 50 mbit cable
Posts: 28
Shep is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Shep
Lightbulb Re: NTL caller display

CLI works on most lines on the ntl network. There could be a couple of reasons for Caller Display not being released in certain areas (crud London network). First of all the exchange not having the feature (very unlikely), second of all and very likely the power levels at the mux cabinet, da cabinet or dp cabinet.

Don't forget that ntl are pouring millions of pounds into the London network to make it as near 100% broadband ready as possible (again mostly a problem down to power levels). Didn't any think that when they complete the upgrade on the London network, most of the level problems will be resolved, just a thought.

So as per usual Londoners get their VIP treatment, as the rest of the ntl network waits for network upgrades and overbuild which costs a less in man power and ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â£ÃƒÆ ’‚£Ãà¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£Ãƒâ₠¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£.

Whine whine whine.
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2005, 14:21   #49
Stuart
-
 
Stuart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere
Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Posts: 26,546
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: NTL caller display

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep
So as per usual Londoners get their VIP treatment, as the rest of the ntl network waits for network upgrades and overbuild which costs a less in man power and ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â£ÃƒÆ ’‚£Ãà¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£Ãƒâ₠¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£.

Whine whine whine.

Not really. The London users are only asking for what they have been promised for years, and the rest of us already have.. (BTW, although my Location says London, I am actually in Bromley, just outside London).

Anyway, I wouldn't moan too much. You have access to Video On Demand (which no other part of the country does currently).
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2005, 18:58   #50
Shep
Inactive
 
Shep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Wilts, I belong in Glasgow.
Age: 43
Services: VM Tivo 50 mbit cable
Posts: 28
Shep is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Shep
Re: NTL caller display

I dont have access to VOD or any current ntl services at home. As my area has been waiting years for an upgrade from original CATV pilot scheme equipment to new build cabling, capable of offering services from the renfrew headend.

To give you a guide to how long, the orginal CATV scheme was ran by clyde cablevision before I was born.
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2005, 10:56   #51
Theodoric
Inactive
 
Theodoric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London
Posts: 2,974
Theodoric has reached the bronze age
Theodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze age
Re: NTL caller display

Having glanced through this thread, I can see that my experience this morning was absolutely typical of ntl.

Putting hope over experience, I went to the ntl site, entered my postcode and found that I could have caller display. However, having seen examples here of what happens if you believe anything that ntl say, I phoned up ntl and discovered, surprise, surprise, that, no, caller display was not available in my area (Bromley); it was only available in the north east.

I did ask why, in that case, the ntl site said I could have customer display. The person I was speaking to expressed ignorance of this but said that my complaint would be forwarded internally (I'm sure that I heard it being filed in the WPB at this stage).

When I asked when it would be available I was told that they couldn't tell me a thing about this and that there was no one that I could speak to who could tell me anything.

So, as ntl aren't prepared to tell their customers anything, can anyone update us on what the true situation is? For a start, will it ever be available?
Theodoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 20:47.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum