20-12-2004, 09:39
|
#16
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Glastonbury!
Services: Telewest DTV & 4Meg BB (Bath), NTL DTV and 2Meg BB (Poole)
Posts: 1,350
|
Re: NTL caller display
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Neil
The moral of the story is?
If you want Caller ID, get a BT phone line. 
|
I've got caller ID on my Telewest line....
|
|
|
20-12-2004, 09:56
|
#17
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: M20, Manchester
Age: 38
Services: VM Phone, TV and 20mb Broadband
Posts: 521
|
Re: NTL caller display
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by orangebird
What figures have you seen Neil??
Caller ID is not available for those customers the East South East and North West regions. It IS available in every other region of ntls network. Which is NOT the minority. 
|
are those areas networks that were constructed by Nynex and Videotron?
|
|
|
20-12-2004, 10:10
|
#18
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Hampshire
Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
Posts: 5,684
|
Re: NTL caller display
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by bigitup_j
are those areas networks that were constructed by Nynex and Videotron? 
|
YEP.
|
|
|
20-12-2004, 10:36
|
#19
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 6,058
|
Re: NTL caller display
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by orangebird
What figures have you seen Neil??
Caller ID is not available for those customers the East South East and North West regions. It IS available in every other region of ntls network. Which is NOT the minority. 
|
So out of all the regions, how many ntl customers can get CLI?
|
|
|
20-12-2004, 10:56
|
#20
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: South-East-Cambridge
Services: ntl digital basepack
ntl 1M broadband
Posts: 1,068
|
Re: NTL caller display
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by GAL
Why are ntl manufacturing phones that do not work on their system?
|
NTL do not manufacture them Alba do.
|
|
|
20-12-2004, 11:32
|
#21
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Hampshire
Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
Posts: 5,684
|
Re: NTL caller display
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Neil
So out of all the regions, how many ntl customers can get CLI?
|
I don't know the figures Neil - I thought you did?
|
|
|
20-12-2004, 11:41
|
#22
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 6,058
|
Re: NTL caller display
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by orangebird
I don't know the figures Neil - I thought you did? 
|
No I don't, the document I saw (& the confirmation that came with it from Aizad), was that most ntl customers can't/won't get the option of CLI.
|
|
|
20-12-2004, 18:07
|
#23
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The end of the world
Services: ntl/bb/750.10.0 Mbp's
ntl/cable/tv
ntl/telephone.no caller display!
Posts: 27
|
Re: NTL caller display
Hi all
"A stick and a hornet's nest spring to mind"
I have now resolved the problem, thanks to you all here at cf
I now have the caller ID working on all 4 ntl dect phones
Thanks
Merry Christmas
Art
|
|
|
20-12-2004, 18:15
|
#24
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Glasgow
Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Posts: 9,158
|
Re: NTL caller display
If its working on the Ntl line you might want to update the services you have.
If it's not I'll just be quiet and slink off into the corner again.
|
|
|
21-12-2004, 12:24
|
#25
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 477
|
Re: NTL caller display
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by GAL
Hi
Thanks for all your advise
Round 1
This situation has been an ongoing problem since October
I have had the tantrums with all and sundry at ntl
With not being happy at the loss of all my services I did manage to get them to agree to cancel, but by then my bt line was disconnected as it had been transfered in # only to the ntl network.
So I resolved to continue the service with the promise of a better service
Round 2
It is only now on purchasing these caller ID dect phones, that I find they cannot supply me with that facility that is clearly advertised in their spin brochure.
I spoke to the sales staff at ntl and was advised "It is not available in your area.We are looking in to it and will inform you when available"
I live in London The capital City of England, Isn't anyone else concerned that this service is not available here
Why are ntl manufacturing phones that do not work on their system?
|
Sorry but why should someone in London get the service in preference to anywhere else in the country. That really makes me angry! I mean someone in London actually asked me if we had a daily postal delivery in Liverpool the other day.
|
|
|
21-12-2004, 12:35
|
#26
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: DE24 0XX
Services: All XL
Posts: 454
|
Re: NTL caller display
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by andrew_wallasey
Sorry but why should someone in London get the service in preference to anywhere else in the country. That really makes me angry! I mean someone in London actually asked me if we had a daily postal delivery in Liverpool the other day.
|
Something to do with the 'ant' mentality they all have. They rush around all day and crawl back all alone into their holes at night and have the mindset that seems to think that the rest of the UK should revolve around 'their' way of thinking.
Roll on regional devolution then the taxes I pay will be spent in 'my region' rather than supporting some whinging southerner who wants <insert item name here> yesterday and throws the rattle out of the pram when they cannot get what they want
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by GAL
I live in London The capital City of England, Isn't anyone else concerned that this service is not available here
Why are ntl manufacturing phones that do not work on their system?
|
1. Your choice, you chose to live there for whatever reason, you should have made sure your requirements were available before you moved
2. No
3. NTL phones are 'badged' the equipment is 'manufactured' probably in the Far East for a UK supplier, in this case Alba.
|
|
|
14-01-2005, 22:59
|
#27
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Teesside UK
Age: 60
Services: Digital Cable TV V+
Freeview
Virgin Phone
10Mb Broadband
Home WiFi Network
Virgin Mobile BB
Posts: 100
|
Re: NTL caller display
We're in the North-East (formerly Comcast), and have CLI (I presume this is the same as caller display?). I've had it for about 10yrs or more, first on BT, then on Comcast (now NTL) for the last 6yrs or so.
It used to be £1 a month, as all the add-ons were, but it's now £1.50 a month (yes, a 50% increase came about overnight)
|
|
|
15-01-2005, 18:14
|
#28
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: South-East-Cambridge
Services: ntl digital basepack
ntl 1M broadband
Posts: 1,068
|
Re: NTL caller display
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by HD462
It used to be £1 a month, as all the add-ons were, but it's now £1.50 a month (yes, a 50% increase came about overnight) 
|
It is now £1.75 per month!
|
|
|
15-01-2005, 19:35
|
#29
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,223
|
Re: NTL caller display
Makes no difference if you ask CS if it's available in your area - I rang them twice to confirm it was available and was told 'yes' both times, and that all I had to do to enable it was to ring CS when I was connected and it would be added. Imagine my annoyance when I became an ntl customer and rang to have it enabled, and being told it's not available and won't be as far as they are concerned! I'm back off to BT for the phoneline!
|
|
|
16-01-2005, 10:52
|
#30
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Teesside UK
Age: 60
Services: Digital Cable TV V+
Freeview
Virgin Phone
10Mb Broadband
Home WiFi Network
Virgin Mobile BB
Posts: 100
|
Re: NTL caller display
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by bob_builder
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by HD462
It used to be £1 a month, as all the add-ons were, but it's now £1.50 a month (yes, a 50% increase came about overnight) 
|
It is now £1.75 per month!
|
Jeez...another increase slipped in on the sly. Why don't they tell you there's going to be price changes instead of just charging you without asking....they're always doing it?
Imagine going into a shop to buy something and you get to the till and they charge you more than the price you were shown, I'm sure that would go down well.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:50.
|