Today, 10:09
|
#16
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Oxford (area 31)
Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, Freely HD, SkyQ (UHD), EEtv (UHD), DAB+
Posts: 2,120
|
Re: VM Email has gone mad?
Yes - I had this and first line support were no use at all - could not grasp the fact it was an additional mailbox with the issue and not my VM account.
I raised a fault and got a call back a few days later with a fix. The guy confirmed some have had the issue doing background change overs which are going on.
Got the mbx reset and all my emails were still there including those sent after I lost access.
Only odd thing is now the app uses a different password to the VM website password - but both are the same mailbox.
He also said that other additional ntlworld.com accounts I have might get the same issue in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestendBhoy
Has anyone else lost access to virgin email? I have had a ntlworld.com email for years and up to Thursday have been able to get email. I lcan log into my Virgin account on my laptop ok today but when I click on the mail link it's saying my account is unavailable. I haven't received the email about the migration to Junara yet. Hope it's only a blip and not completely gone as have quite a lot of stuff linked to that email. Have DM'd the Virgin Media X account and hopefully they will get sorted. Just wondered if this issue was widespread.
|
Last edited by ozsat; Today at 10:13.
|
|
|
Today, 10:26
|
#17
|
|
CF Resident Dog
Join Date: Mar 2005
Services: Zen FTTP 910
Posts: 16,216
|
Re: VM Email has gone mad?
For anyone having issues they should seriously start their migration to another email provider like Outlook and Gmail BEFORE ITS TOO LATER AND YOU LOSE EVERYTHING, if you don't do this then don't come back moaning because you have had plenty of warning, so please please help yourself out.
|
|
|
Today, 10:32
|
#18
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Oxford (area 31)
Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, Freely HD, SkyQ (UHD), EEtv (UHD), DAB+
Posts: 2,120
|
Re: VM Email has gone mad?
The thing is most users have not had any warning - I only knew about the changeover as I'm a regular to this forum.
I've had nothing from VM at all until the callback guy who fixed the issue mentioned it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ
For anyone having issues they should seriously start their migration to another email provider like Outlook and Gmail BEFORE ITS TOO LATER AND YOU LOSE EVERYTHING, if you don't do this then don't come back moaning because you have had plenty of warning, so please please help yourself out.
|
|
|
|
Today, 10:41
|
#19
|
|
CF Resident Dog
Join Date: Mar 2005
Services: Zen FTTP 910
Posts: 16,216
|
Re: VM Email has gone mad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat
The thing is most users have not had any warning - I only knew about the changeover as I'm a regular to this forum.
I've had nothing from VM at all until the callback guy who fixed the issue mentioned it.
|
Very true, I only found out about it from the original post on this forum, but I left VM in January and migrated away from my Ntlworld emails donkeys years ago because it's terrible to use an ISP email for stuff, especially important stuff, I can only imagine people who use it for banking etc, there is going to be chaos for them, which is why I'm saying when they find out move straight away.
Even though I'm not with VM now I got the email last week telling me about the change.
|
|
|
Today, 10:46
|
#20
|
|
In the gang of three
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hiding . . from all the experts
Posts: 5,877
|
Re: VM Email has gone mad?
Plenty of warning?
I've seen posts here and there, the odd write up on a blog or tech site etc , but still yet to receive (by letter, phone or email) anything from VM themselves giving me the (apparently) 45 days notice of the closure of emails.**
Has anyone here had such a notice?
** obviously with the competence of those running the show, an email from VM could have gone straight into the spam folder as a potential scam
__________________
If knowledge is power, how come those in power seem so stupid?
|
|
|
Today, 10:49
|
#21
|
|
CF Resident Dog
Join Date: Mar 2005
Services: Zen FTTP 910
Posts: 16,216
|
Re: VM Email has gone mad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth
Plenty of warning?
I've seen posts here and there, the odd write up on a blog or tech site etc , but still yet to receive (by letter, phone or email) anything from VM themselves giving me the (apparently) 45 days notice of the closure of emails.**
Has anyone here had such a notice?
** obviously with the competence of those running the show, an email from VM could have gone straight into the spam folder as a potential scam 
|
I meant plenty of warning from when someone receives that email, alot of people will just glance at it and move on.....then it maybe stressful and the shit will likely hit the fan for them.
My new ISP doesn't even have its own email.
|
|
|
Today, 10:55
|
#22
|
|
In the gang of three
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hiding . . from all the experts
Posts: 5,877
|
Re: VM Email has gone mad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ
<snippety thing>
I left VM in January and migrated away from my Ntlworld emails donkeys years ago
Even though I'm not with VM now I got the email last week telling me about the change.
|
I'm wondering if the emails are being sent to people who are no longer with VM, just tidying up shop by removing 'rogue' addresses that shouldn't still be 'on the books' or something.
__________________
If knowledge is power, how come those in power seem so stupid?
|
|
|
Today, 11:20
|
#23
|
|
CF Resident Dog
Join Date: Mar 2005
Services: Zen FTTP 910
Posts: 16,216
|
Re: VM Email has gone mad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth
I'm wondering if the emails are being sent to people who are no longer with VM, just tidying up shop by removing 'rogue' addresses that shouldn't still be 'on the books' or something.
|
The only way I knew I had an email was because I have the main account email set to forward to one of my many Gmails, hopefully most people who leave VM are also sensible to move their email account away to.
|
|
|
Today, 11:53
|
#24
|
|
Just a Geek
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 5,082
|
Re: VM Email has gone mad?
you get 45 days from date of notification and 120 days after that if you request recovery. If you have not been notified it is not happening to you yet .
I do not think it is that hard to follow
__________________
Is your muffin buttered? Would you like me to assign someone to butter your muffin?
|
|
|
Today, 12:08
|
#25
|
|
CF Resident Dog
Join Date: Mar 2005
Services: Zen FTTP 910
Posts: 16,216
|
Re: VM Email has gone mad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss
you get 45 days from date of notification and 120 days after that if you request recovery. If you have not been notified it is not happening to you yet .
I do not think it is that hard to follow
|
I think most normal people(not people like us) will either leave it to last minute or forget about it.
|
|
|
Today, 13:15
|
#26
|
|
cf.member
Join Date: Oct 2026
Posts: 2
|
Re: VM Email has gone mad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat
Yes - I had this and first line support were no use at all - could not grasp the fact it was an additional mailbox with the issue and not my VM account.
I raised a fault and got a call back a few days later with a fix. The guy confirmed some have had the issue doing background change overs which are going on.
Got the mbx reset and all my emails were still there including those sent after I lost access.
Only odd thing is now the app uses a different password to the VM website password - but both are the same mailbox.
He also said that other additional ntlworld.com accounts I have might get the same issue in the future.
|
---------- Post added at 14:15 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------
Thanks, I email the x account and they came back with this
Open: 👉 bit.ly/4zpxJa6
. Select My account on the right-hand side on the top
. Click on sign into My email
. Enter your registered email address
. Enter the password
. Choose Verify another way
. Enter your third party email
. You'll receive a verification email
. Keep the Virgin Media page open, then open your email in a new tab or app
. Select Verify it's me and confirm the request
. Go back to the Virgin Media page, you should now be logged in
. Go to security settings and change the password
. If it asks you to verify again, repeat the same steps above.
Didn't work so have gone back to them. Do you remember what it was they did to fix yours?
Last edited by WestendBhoy; Today at 13:13.
Reason: Not put a response
|
|
|
Today, 14:40
|
#27
|
|
Still alive and fighting
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 56,744
|
Re: VM Email has gone mad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ
For anyone having issues they should seriously start their migration to another email provider like Outlook and Gmail BEFORE ITS TOO LATER AND YOU LOSE EVERYTHING, if you don't do this then don't come back moaning because you have had plenty of warning, so please please help yourself out.
|
l have Gmail and even that has its problems.
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
|
|
|
Today, 14:48
|
#28
|
|
CF Resident Dog
Join Date: Mar 2005
Services: Zen FTTP 910
Posts: 16,216
|
Re: VM Email has gone mad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone
l have Gmail and even that has its problems.
|
I've had Gmail 22 years and so far I can't remember any problem I've had.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 16:02.
|