27-02-2026, 16:34
|
#1
|
|
XIV
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Crawley
Age: 36
Services: Three Unlimited
Posts: 16,911
|
Freely changes
A place for changes to the modern way of watching tele
https://www.freely.co.uk/help/updates-alerts
|
|
|
02-03-2026, 15:49
|
#2
|
|
cf.member
Join Date: Oct 2025
Posts: 52
|
Re: Freely changes
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry
|
Not very good, they seem to have stopped listing the changes last August.
|
|
|
02-03-2026, 15:54
|
#3
|
|
XIV
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Crawley
Age: 36
Services: Three Unlimited
Posts: 16,911
|
Re: Freely changes
Has there been any changes to the listing since that month?
Software releases are still being listed
https://www.freely.co.uk/products/software-updates
|
|
|
02-03-2026, 16:41
|
#4
|
|
cf.member
Join Date: Oct 2025
Posts: 52
|
Re: Freely changes
Yes, it updates every month with Freeview plus some IPTV channels added in between. I think they gave up on the channel update listings, they were never completely accurate.
|
|
|
02-03-2026, 16:54
|
#5
|
|
XIV
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Crawley
Age: 36
Services: Three Unlimited
Posts: 16,911
|
Re: Freely changes
That's a shame if that's the case  I hope it's not a sign of what's to come. I done with wires.
|
|
|
02-03-2026, 18:26
|
#6
|
|
Just a Geek
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 5,046
|
Re: Freely changes
I really do not like the freely epg
__________________
Is your muffin buttered? Would you like me to assign someone to butter your muffin?
|
|
|
18-03-2026, 13:26
|
#7
|
|
Do I care what you think
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,618
|
Re: Freely changes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss
I really do not like the freely epg
|
My smart TV in the kitchen is on the way out . Thinking that freely might be the way to go. What is the problem. ?
Even wondering if I will replace main ones with it and NOW app. Dropping virgin
__________________
No point in being pessimistic. You know it won`t work.
|
|
|
18-03-2026, 13:52
|
#8
|
|
Just a Geek
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 5,046
|
Re: Freely changes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim
My smart TV in the kitchen is on the way out . Thinking that freely might be the way to go. What is the problem. ?
Even wondering if I will replace main ones with it and NOW app. Dropping virgin 
|
honestly it is just me being fussy. Years and years ago I used to play with guis for kodi and some of the add ons for it and one of which was a TV Guide called ivue which I modified and created a sky like guide and I just find the freely guide visually ugly and just clunky. It plays TV channels fine haha
__________________
Is your muffin buttered? Would you like me to assign someone to butter your muffin?
|
|
|
18-03-2026, 14:59
|
#9
|
|
Do I care what you think
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,618
|
Re: Freely changes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss
honestly it is just me being fussy. Years and years ago I used to play with guis for kodi and some of the add ons for it and one of which was a TV Guide called ivue which I modified and created a sky like guide and I just find the freely guide visually ugly and just clunky. It plays TV channels fine haha
|
If it's correct ,that would be an improvement on virgin  At the moment I guess I would only looking at news channels.
__________________
No point in being pessimistic. You know it won`t work.
|
|
|
08-07-2026, 16:15
|
#10
|
|
XIV
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Crawley
Age: 36
Services: Three Unlimited
Posts: 16,911
|
Re: Freely changes
SkyNews on freely streams the non YouTube stream. Great that. Stream number 1303 currently on my Hisense tele.
The YouTube stream doesn't have ads, either they show world weather or snippets of reporting by journalists and also sport is replaced with more snippets.
Great that freely has the proper SkyNews feed.
The clock is present unlike on YouTube SkyNews.
|
|
|
08-07-2026, 17:19
|
#11
|
|
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Admin
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Nottingham
Age: 63
Services: Zen & YouFibre FTTP, Sky Q TV, Sky Mobile, Flextel SIP
Posts: 31,219
|
Re: Freely changes
SkyNews are completely useless anyway.
Their site blocks me completely (because I'm using firefox).
__________________
Baby, I was born this way.
|
|
|
17-09-2026, 15:42
|
#12
|
|
Do I care what you think
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,618
|
Re: Freely changes
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry
SkyNews on freely streams the non YouTube stream. Great that. Stream number 1303 currently on my Hisense tele.
The YouTube stream doesn't have ads, either they show world weather or snippets of reporting by journalists and also sport is replaced with more snippets.
Great that freely has the proper SkyNews feed.
The clock is present unlike on YouTube SkyNews.
|
Sorry not the brightest on the uptake, to me your statements do not make sense, but that's me all over. YouTube stream.... snippets of reporting etc. then has proper sky news feed . Snippets don't sound like a proper news feed . Well at least to me  so we're can I find it on freely. Will flatten remotes batteries if I keep messing around much more
__________________
No point in being pessimistic. You know it won`t work.
|
|
|
17-09-2026, 16:13
|
#13
|
|
cf.addict
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Middlesbrough
Services: Gig1, Mega TV, Sky Sports & Cinema UHD, TNT Sports, HBO Max, Netflix & Disney+ with ads, Prime
Posts: 290
|
Re: Freely changes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim
Sorry not the brightest on the uptake, to me your statements do not make sense, but that's me all over. YouTube stream.... snippets of reporting etc. then has proper sky news feed . Snippets don't sound like a proper news feed . Well at least to me so we're can I find it on freely. Will flatten remotes batteries if I keep messing around much more 
|
The following contains a list of all Freely channels, although they might not all be available on all Freely devices.
https://www.tvchannellists.com/w/Lis...nited_Kingdom)
I notice you've bought a new Freely TV which is due for delivery today https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...postcount=7742 If you advise which one it is I'm pretty sure other Freely TV users can advise further.
__________________
2*TV360 boxes and 2 Stream boxes
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
|
|
|
17-09-2026, 16:50
|
#14
|
|
XIV
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Crawley
Age: 36
Services: Three Unlimited
Posts: 16,911
|
Re: Freely changes
Sky News has many feeds.
The one that is streamed on YouTube doesn't have ad breaks so is replaced with world weather and to-date reporting snippets. The YouTube feed does have the main programming. It doesn't have the timer and the sports segment.
Freely SkyNews has the clock and sports segment. Ad breaks are sometimes shown but a SkyNews back soon screen is largely shown.
On my Hisense tele SkyNews HD is on channel 1303 which is listed in the link above in newapollo post
__________________
“Never ask a liar why they lied. To explain it, they'd have to lie again”
Fernando Hidalgo
|
|
|
17-09-2026, 17:05
|
#15
|
|
Roger_Gooner
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: London
Services: Virgin Media M350, Hub 5, Mega TV with TNT Sports and Sky Sports & Cinema HD, TV 360 box + landline
Posts: 174
|
Re: Freely changes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim
Sorry not the brightest on the uptake, to me your statements do not make sense, but that's me all over. YouTube stream.... snippets of reporting etc. then has proper sky news feed . Snippets don't sound like a proper news feed . Well at least to me  so we're can I find it on freely. Will flatten remotes batteries if I keep messing around much more 
|
I'm not thenry but I think I can explain what he's saying which is this: on Freely he gets the same Sky News as broadcast on other platforms (like Freeview, Sky and Virgin Media) - but Sky News YouTube is different due to broadcasting rights, advertising models and international reach. The most obvious differences include some footage which explicitly covers UK television distribution only and so some sports footage might get substituted on YouTube by other Sky News snippets.
__________________
I'm always right... except when I'm wrong
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:10.
|