Is this Router any good to use with superhub???
10-09-2015, 10:26
|
#16
|
|
Sad Doig Fan!
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Barry South Wales
Age: 70
Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
Posts: 11,870
|
Re: Is this Router any good to use with superhub???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan
I use both OpenDNS and Google DNS (primary/secondary). I haven't had DNS issues in years.
|
Likewise but the other way around.
|
|
|
10-09-2015, 10:38
|
#17
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 11,207
|
Re: Is this Router any good to use with superhub???
Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456
Likewise but the other way around.
|
I use Google DNS and get DNS issues all the time, usually because I've misconfigured my DNS server.
|
|
|
10-09-2015, 10:40
|
#18
|
|
Sad Doig Fan!
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Barry South Wales
Age: 70
Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
Posts: 11,870
|
Re: Is this Router any good to use with superhub???
Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq
I use Google DNS and get DNS issues all the time, usually because I've misconfigured my DNS server.
|
And who's fault is that?  
|
|
|
10-09-2015, 10:45
|
#19
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Warrington
Posts: 4,737
|
Re: Is this Router any good to use with superhub???
Probably Virgin's. Somehow.
Or immigrants.
|
|
|
10-09-2015, 11:36
|
#20
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 11,207
|
Re: Is this Router any good to use with superhub???
Virgin Immigrants.
|
|
|
10-09-2015, 13:02
|
#21
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Warrington
Posts: 4,737
|
Re: Is this Router any good to use with superhub???
That are on benefits.
|
|
|
10-09-2015, 13:33
|
#22
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 11,207
|
Re: Is this Router any good to use with superhub???
Virgins can't get benefits cause they don't have kids.
|
|
|
10-09-2015, 13:44
|
#23
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Warrington
Posts: 4,737
|
Re: Is this Router any good to use with superhub???
No, but they have special needs.
|
|
|
10-09-2015, 13:53
|
#24
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 11,207
|
Re: Is this Router any good to use with superhub???
So do I. But my benefits money goes to charity.
|
|
|
11-09-2015, 06:03
|
#25
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Is this Router any good to use with superhub???
Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq
Virgins can't get benefits cause they don't have kids.
|
Virgin Mary?
|
|
|
|
22-09-2015, 09:28
|
#26
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Royal Berkshire
Age: 61
Services: Everything.
Posts: 603
|
Re: Is this Router any good to use with superhub???
I'm considering getting my own router as well as I'm receiving wireless speeds of around 35-40mb from a 100mb connection. But I'm not really clued up as to whether that would actually improve much with my laptop. It's a Samsung RV520 which has an Intel Centrino Wireless - N130 adapter inside it, and that says it can handle speeds up to 150 depending on your specs, so I'd appreciate someones insight into if it's actually worth getting my own router. Ta.
|
|
|
22-09-2015, 09:51
|
#27
|
|
XIV
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Crawley
Age: 36
Services: Three Unlimited
Posts: 16,924
|
Re: Is this Router any good to use with superhub???
Are these speeds achieved wired and wireless? Which SuperHub model do you have? You could upgrade the PCIe half mini card or a hassle free method of upgrading wireless capabilities would be purchasing a USB wireless adapter. Don't know why I'm helping you btw
|
|
|
22-09-2015, 10:10
|
#28
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Royal Berkshire
Age: 61
Services: Everything.
Posts: 603
|
Re: Is this Router any good to use with superhub???
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry
Are these speeds achieved wired and wireless? Which SuperHub model do you have? You could upgrade the PCIe half mini card or a hassle free method of upgrading wireless capabilities would be purchasing a USB wireless adapter. Don't know why I'm helping you btw 
|
Now now thenry  They're the wireless speeds. And being honest I've not actually checked the wired speeds since I was doubled from 50mb when I renegotiated my contract in July. I'll do that when I get home, but I know I was getting 50-60 on a wired connection before it was doubled. I don't want a USB adapter and I never knew what a PCIe half mini card was until I just googled it  Cheers.
|
|
|
22-09-2015, 10:40
|
#29
|
|
XIV
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Crawley
Age: 36
Services: Three Unlimited
Posts: 16,924
|
Re: Is this Router any good to use with superhub???
heres a youtube guide to opening up your laptop > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkYP5mgU6TI
3:56 in you'll see W-Lan Card top left. Bit of pain to get to but it is a lot easier than other laptops where you have to tear the whole thing apart before getting to components
anyway theres the Intel 7260 AC card
|
|
|
22-09-2015, 10:51
|
#30
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Royal Berkshire
Age: 61
Services: Everything.
Posts: 603
|
Re: Is this Router any good to use with superhub???
It seems like that's an option, but I'd still like to find out if a separate wireless router would help improve the speeds before I get the screwdrivers out. I never mentioned it's a superhub 1 as well, which seems to have wireless problems anyway as far as I can recall. Cheers again though
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 15:08.
|