Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
Wow you're clearly more qualified than myself to comment then  Doesn't mean you can't be wrong and/or mistaken.
|
Sure I can be mistaken. But for you to automatically assume I am mistaken without any evidence makes you the problem here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
No need to get defensive, seems like a lot of Samsung owners can't bare to have their precious devices criticised. It's just a phone, it doesn't have a soul.
|
Says the iPhone owner defending his device? I'm not just a Samsung owner, as you can see above. However I'm being defensive because your only counter so far is to accuse me of ignorance when I ask you what you mean by "traditional Samsung lag".
I have never claimed
your Samsung didn't lag yet every time I point out mine doesn't you imply I must be mistaken or ignorant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
There are plenty of posts on the Android forums about the lag, I've said it is traditional *not* universal but ties in with my 3 experiences with Samsung phones.
|
I've asked you three times to point it out and/or detail it, you have still failed to do so; you continue arguing despite failing to come up with a single source or reference.
Three times I've asked you to describe what you mean by "Traditional Samsung lag", your responses so far have been:
- "It doesn't happen on iPhone"
- "You're probably used to it if you've only used Samsungs. Try an iPhone"
- "Even if you've used other phones you can still be wrong or mistaken."
- "Samsung owners can't bare to have their precious devices criticised"
If that isn't fanboyism I don't know what is.
Meanwhile I'm still trying to figure out what you mean by "traditional Samsung lag" but it seems you're incapable of answering...
---------- Post added at 12:01 ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica
A quick Google search on S5 lag or S4 lag issues shows it can be a problem. It's also one of the reasons the S6 is better due to Samsung listening and allowing to uninstall some of the bloat ware.
|
A quick Google search on iPhone lag, Blackberry lag, and Windows Phone lag shows it can be a problem too, but that still doesn't mean all these devices share "traditional lag". We know all devices have isolated cases of lag, but to call it traditional implies a systematic problem.
Interestingly enough, there are:
0.8 million Google results for "Huawei lag" (9% market share)
9.2 million Google results for "Samsung lag" (21% market share)
82.3 million Google results for "iPhone lag" (14% market share)
By that reckoning iPhones have 14x times as much "traditional lag" as Samsungs do, while Samsungs lag 5x more often than Huawei's.
Course, scientifically speaking this "evidence" is paper thin but it's still more than Russ has bothered to post, which is amounts to "non-iPhone owners are mistaken"

---------- Post added at 12:12 ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99
I have an S4 from work and in the end I ditched it and bought myself an iPhone 6. Best thing I ever did phone-wise. The S4 had the habit where apps and/or kernel would "run away" and end up heating the phone up so much you had to take it out of your pocket it was so hot. The battery life also sucked as a consequence.
iOS by comparision has far better app management and so far, I do not see this issue in the iPhone.
|
Now an actual description of a real phenomenon! I've observed the S4's background media scanner had a particularly bad habit of it, though it didn't "run away" it did often take 15-30 minutes+ to complete. I just switched it off.
iOS has always had somewhat better app management, in the early days simply by not being capable of multitasking at all. The upshot of the freedom you get on Android is some apps and manufacturers can do it badly, but Sony phones in particular are a lot better at managing it.