17-07-2015, 19:30
|
#1
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Swansea, South Wales UK.
Age: 75
Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
Posts: 2,753
|
Camera Tripod
Can anyone tell me if the fittings and fixtures on tripods are generic to fit cameras.
I'm looking for one for a Nikon Coolpix 610.
Any recommendations?
|
|
|
17-07-2015, 19:45
|
#2
|
|
NUTS !!
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,323
|
Re: Camera Tripod
Yes they are generic.
I can't recommend one, best to go in a shop and get a feel for one you like based on what you can afford and to suit your needs.
Just remember turn off Vibration Reduction (VR) on the lens when you use a tripod. And either use a remote or timed shutter release will help too.
All the info you need is here.
https://photographylife.com/how-to-c...-a-dslr-camera
__________________
Oh what fun it is
|
|
|
18-07-2015, 17:23
|
#3
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Swansea, South Wales UK.
Age: 75
Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
Posts: 2,753
|
Re: Camera Tripod
Thanks.
|
|
|
18-07-2015, 21:34
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: on holiday by mistake
Age: 56
Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Posts: 5,977
|
Re: Camera Tripod
Where are you going to use it. Indoors, outdoors, both?
|
|
|
20-07-2015, 15:02
|
#5
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 11,207
|
Re: Camera Tripod
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut
Just remember turn off Vibration Reduction (VR) on the lens when you use a tripod.
|
Often repeated, yet rather bad advice.
|
|
|
20-07-2015, 15:06
|
#6
|
|
NUTS !!
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,323
|
Re: Camera Tripod
Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq
Often repeated, yet rather bad advice.
|
It would be helpful to answer what is and why? I beg to differ.
__________________
Oh what fun it is
|
|
|
20-07-2015, 19:25
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Mansfield
Age: 60
Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
Posts: 5,532
|
Re: Camera Tripod
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames
I'm looking for one for a Nikon Coolpix 610.
|
Nice bridge, picked one up myself a few weeks ago. And yes generic.
__________________
Music is life - Live a fun one - listen to SKA!
I'm super lazy today!! Which is like normal lazy, but I'm also wearing a cape......
|
|
|
20-07-2015, 23:28
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2004
Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Posts: 2,516
|
Re: Camera Tripod
Tripod mounts are standard, well almost - there is the standard screw fitting, but some tripods use an additional quick release fitting, with an adapter screwed to the camera which fits a lever operated release on the tripod.
You can get separate quick release adapter sets that fit a standard tripod.
My tripod was a few quid from the charity shop.
|
|
|
21-07-2015, 10:04
|
#9
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 11,207
|
Re: Camera Tripod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matth
Tripod mounts are standard, well almost - there is the standard screw fitting, but some tripods use an additional quick release fitting, with an adapter screwed to the camera which fits a lever operated release on the tripod.
You can get separate quick release adapter sets that fit a standard tripod.
My tripod was a few quid from the charity shop.
|
A tripod without some sort of quick release is practically a sin these days.
|
|
|
21-07-2015, 11:34
|
#10
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kairdiff-by-the-sea
Age: 70
Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Posts: 10,539
|
Re: Camera Tripod
I go for ones that I can easily carry, are easily deployed, and the right height for me.
|
|
|
22-07-2015, 11:35
|
#11
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Right here!
Posts: 22,315
|
Re: Camera Tripod
You talking tripods or women Taf?
|
|
|
22-07-2015, 11:55
|
#12
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: on holiday by mistake
Age: 56
Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Posts: 5,977
|
Re: Camera Tripod
Keep an eye out on fleabay. Should be able to pick up a Manfrotto 190xprob or 055xprob kit (tripod plus the 3-way head) for 50-100 quid. There are a couple on there right now.
|
|
|
22-07-2015, 19:06
|
#13
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kairdiff-by-the-sea
Age: 70
Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Posts: 10,539
|
Re: Camera Tripod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem
You talking tripods or women Taf? 
|
It works for both
Basically, if it doesn't fit the criteria, I would end up thinking, "Sod it, I'll leave it behind..."
|
|
|
22-07-2015, 19:15
|
#14
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Right here!
Posts: 22,315
|
Re: Camera Tripod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf
It works for both
Basically, if it doesn't fit the criteria, I would end up thinking, "Sod it, I'll leave it behind..."
|
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:41.
|