Recordings freeze then jump!
03-01-2013, 21:17
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Services: 500GB TiVo (TV M), BB 100Mb, Phone M
Posts: 141
|
Recordings freeze then jump!
I'm having a problem with my TiVo box while watching recorded programmes. Whilst watching a recording the picture will suddenly freeze, break up and then after a few seconds start again but approximately 10 minutes further on.
Is this a known problem? Can I do anything to solve it myself as it is very frustrating?
|
|
|
03-01-2013, 21:47
|
#2
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: Recordings freeze then jump!
Do you have any problems with picture breakup when watching live TV? If so, you have a signal quality issue. If not, I'm afraid your Tivo is probably on the way out.
Either way, you'll need to call VM to get it fixed.
|
|
|
12-01-2013, 06:22
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Services: 500GB TiVo (TV M), BB 100Mb, Phone M
Posts: 141
|
Re: Recordings freeze then jump!
I phoned technical support and was told the problem is my signal was too low on 2 of my 3 tuners. An engineer came on Thursday and replaced the box and had to put an attenuator on the back because the signal was too high!
All working okay now.
|
|
|
01-12-2013, 12:54
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1
|
Re: Recordings freeze then jump!
It would seem you are not alone. I have the same problem and there are a number of similar entries brought up by google search. I have had a cable upgrade and am now told that I should frequently reboot the TiVo to prevent this problem. I think I am being fobbed off and suspect the hard drive. GT
|
|
|
02-12-2013, 11:47
|
#5
|
|
Rise above the players
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wokingham
Services: 2 V6 with 360, ITVX, 4+, Prime, Netflix, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount+, Discovery+, HBO Max
Posts: 15,514
|
Re: Recordings freeze then jump!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtac
It would seem you are not alone. I have the same problem and there are a number of similar entries brought up by google search. I have had a cable upgrade and am now told that I should frequently reboot the TiVo to prevent this problem. I think I am being fobbed off and suspect the hard drive. GT
|
I think a regular re-boot, say every couple of weeks or so, is quite good advice. Without it, performance can deteriorate and then suddenly one day it gives up the ghost, so you are forced to do it.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:51.
|