24-11-2013, 21:20
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2006
Services: TIVO
Virgin XL Package
Posts: 142
|
VIP or XL ???
I am currently on teh XL package, but have been offered the VIP package...whats the difference? I though the XL package was the one with all the bells and whistles????
Confused
|
|
|
24-11-2013, 21:55
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Republic of Mancunia
Services: VM. 3 boxes ( 1 x TiVo 2 x V6) 350 mbps BB
Posts: 239
|
Re: VIP or XL ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by frattonstation
I am currently on teh XL package, but have been offered the VIP package...whats the difference? I though the XL package was the one with all the bells and whistles????
Confused

|
http://store.virginmedia.com/bundles/vip.html
|
|
|
25-11-2013, 08:10
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2006
Services: TIVO
Virgin XL Package
Posts: 142
|
Re: VIP or XL ???
thanks just rang up to be told I am not on XL but already on VIP even though my bill says I am on XL Package???
Asked if I could take off Sky Movies but was told that its not worth it as it would not change the amount I pay. Is this correct?
|
|
|
25-11-2013, 08:27
|
#5
|
|
Woke and proud !
Join Date: Jun 2004
Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Posts: 10,251
|
Re: VIP or XL ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by frattonstation
Asked if I could take off Sky Movies but was told that its not worth it as it would not change the amount I pay. Is this correct?
|
Sounds like a load of cobblers form a lazy drone who couldn't be bothered to work out a price for you. Ring retentions to get the best price, preferably armed with a quote from Sky.
|
|
|
25-11-2013, 08:31
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2006
Services: TIVO
Virgin XL Package
Posts: 142
|
Re: VIP or XL ???
ok thanks!
|
|
|
25-11-2013, 09:13
|
#7
|
|
cf.member
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northampton
Services: Services: VIP; BB (120) ;2 TiVo 1TB; 2 V+HD
;Virgin Mobile 3 Blackberry Curves
Posts: 7
|
Re: VIP or XL ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by frattonstation
thanks just rang up to be told I am not on XL but already on VIP even though my bill says I am on XL Package???
Asked if I could take off Sky Movies but was told that its not worth it as it would not change the amount I pay. Is this correct?
|
Wife asked CS about removing Sky Movies and Sky Sports on Saturday - got exactly the same response no difference in cost - baffled.
Terry
|
|
|
25-11-2013, 09:22
|
#8
|
|
Woke and proud !
Join Date: Jun 2004
Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Posts: 10,251
|
Re: VIP or XL ???
I can only think they mean if you want to stay on the VIP bundle - then you pay the same price whether you have sky sports/movies or not - which seems crazy. Answer is not to be on the VIP bundle any longer.
You don't have to have one of their pre-selection collections bundles. I have TV XL, Phone M, BB L - which isn't any of their collections. Just choose what you want and haggle a price. - very often the website price can be cut back if you agree to sign up for 12 months/ threaten to leave.
|
|
|
25-11-2013, 09:30
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: VIP or XL ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by frattonstation
thanks just rang up to be told I am not on XL but already on VIP even though my bill says I am on XL Package???
Asked if I could take off Sky Movies but was told that its not worth it as it would not change the amount I pay. Is this correct?
|
Current VIP Collection = £120.44 (1st Feb 2014 price as now advertised on the web site)
Premiere Collection = £67.99
+ Talk Unlimited Extra = £82.99
+ Talk International £2 = £84.99
+ Sky Sports HD = £119.24
So just taking off Sky Movies by itself doesn't save much
---------- Post added at 10:30 ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAST
Wife asked CS about removing Sky Movies and Sky Sports on Saturday - got exactly the same response no difference in cost - baffled.
Terry 
|
Removing the whole Sky Premiums Collection should save money compared with VIP Collection
|
|
|
25-11-2013, 09:49
|
#10
|
|
cf.member
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northampton
Services: Services: VIP; BB (120) ;2 TiVo 1TB; 2 V+HD
;Virgin Mobile 3 Blackberry Curves
Posts: 7
|
Re: VIP or XL ???
---------- Post added at 10:30 ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 ----------
[/COLOR]
Removing the whole Sky Premiums Collection should save money compared with VIP Collection[/QUOTE]
Thanks Ben - have forwarded your message to she who must be consulted.
Thanks
Terry
|
|
|
25-11-2013, 09:58
|
#11
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
|
Re: VIP or XL ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr
Current VIP Collection = £120.44 (1st Feb 2014 price as now advertised on the web site)
Premiere Collection = £67.99
+ Talk Unlimited Extra = £82.99
+ Talk International £2 = £84.99
+ Sky Sports HD = £119.24
So just taking off Sky Movies by itself doesn't save much
---------- Post added at 10:30 ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 ----------
Removing the whole Sky Premiums Collection should save money compared with VIP Collection
|
Ben, As always you are clear and concise.
Can you confirm that the prices you are using here are the post-increase prices and that the website prices currently showing are all the new prices as well? Premiere was £62.99, new price £67.99?
Thanks.
|
|
|
25-11-2013, 10:27
|
#12
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: VIP or XL ???
Yes, by the looks of it, the website is now showing the 1st Feb prices, as line rental is showing at £15.99, rather than the current £14.99
The price I used above were from the website, so will therefore also be post 1st Feb prices
|
|
|
25-11-2013, 10:31
|
#13
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
|
Re: VIP or XL ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr
Yes, by the looks of it, the website is now showing the 1st Feb prices, as line rental is showing at £15.99, rather than the current £14.99
The price I used above were from the website, so will therefore also be post 1st Feb prices
|
Thank you. Those who need to compare their post-increase price with standard, post-increase prices can now do so via the website.
|
|
|
25-11-2013, 10:38
|
#14
|
|
Woke and proud !
Join Date: Jun 2004
Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Posts: 10,251
|
Re: VIP or XL ???
£16 for line rental ! - it sure it was only about £11 a few years ago - they're having a laugh at the expense of their mugs/customers.
|
|
|
25-11-2013, 10:51
|
#15
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
|
Re: VIP or XL ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K
£16 for line rental ! - it sure it was only about £11 a few years ago - they're having a laugh at the expense of their mugs/customers.
|
Of course you can still get line rental from Virgin Media for less than £11 per month. Offer available to ALL customers.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:53.
|