Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
13-09-2013, 18:57
|
#46
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: sunny Scotland
Services: TV:XL sports and movies HD
v+x2
1xTivo 1tb
100 meg bb
talk unlimited
Posts: 29
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
I have been watching breaking bad and my tv(sony bravia) switches to 1080p 24 frames, I haven't checked anything else just yet.
|
|
|
13-09-2013, 19:08
|
#47
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meekboy
I have been watching breaking bad and my tv(sony bravia) switches to 1080p 24 frames, I haven't checked anything else just yet.
|
That makes sense as that is a US TV show so will be in 24fps.
I assume this is the version of the Netflix app we have got and it does switch frame rates according to the content it receives.
http://www.techofthehub.com/2012/05/...on-review.html
|
|
|
13-09-2013, 19:25
|
#48
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: sunny Scotland
Services: TV:XL sports and movies HD
v+x2
1xTivo 1tb
100 meg bb
talk unlimited
Posts: 29
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
thats the US version by the looks of it the UK tivo version looks more like the website version, it runs really smooth, a lot smoother than the tivo youtube app
|
|
|
13-09-2013, 19:38
|
#49
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meekboy
thats the US version by the looks of it the UK tivo version looks more like the website version, it runs really smooth, a lot smoother than the tivo youtube app
|
Yes that is the US version, but I would have thought the VM would have been similar, as that is the one added to the US Tivo Premier, which the VM Tivo is based on. I guess they must have modified it. But by the sounds of it, they have ported over the ability to play the frame rate that the content is in.
Wish I was in the trial area.
|
|
|
13-09-2013, 19:45
|
#50
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: sunny Scotland
Services: TV:XL sports and movies HD
v+x2
1xTivo 1tb
100 meg bb
talk unlimited
Posts: 29
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Not too long to wait to wait! I was in the TiVo firmware trial and they left us on the trial server after they had announced netflix
|
|
|
13-09-2013, 20:18
|
#51
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat
I know a lot of US Netflix, both film and TV shows, are 24fps, but not sure what most of the UK content is. (I think Spiderplant said somewhere that it varies?)
|
They have a right mish-mash of rates. It's at least all these: 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 30.
|
|
|
13-09-2013, 20:42
|
#52
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant
They have a right mish-mash of rates. It's at least all these: 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 30.
|
I think that's because Netflix can't modify or pick and choose the content format that they get from the providers.
I read an article on the Netflix technical blog about it some time ago. And on another forum today, someone asked why, say, Danish subtitles are optional on some US films/shows on Denmark Netflix and not on others. It's down to the version they are able to get the rights to and the conditions that come with those rights. It's a bit of a hotch potch and something Netflix are working towards solving.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 13:38.
|