Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
10-09-2013, 18:19
|
#31
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan
Does the app support Super-HD content in Netflix?
|
Yes
|
|
|
10-09-2013, 18:23
|
#32
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Does it support the new profiles feature Netflix recently added ?
|
|
|
10-09-2013, 18:25
|
#33
|
|
CF Resident Dog
Join Date: Mar 2005
Services: Zen FTTP 910
Posts: 16,202
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Do you have to pay a Netflix sub on top of your regular VM sub to use this service?
|
|
|
10-09-2013, 18:26
|
#34
|
|
Grumpy Fecker
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,105
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user
https://nobaraproject.org/
|
|
|
10-09-2013, 19:42
|
#35
|
|
-
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere
Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Posts: 26,546
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit
Then just do not use the Netflix app on Tivo then and do not worry about the millions of potential Netflix customers on Tivo who may be happy with what is on offer 
|
|
|
|
10-09-2013, 20:03
|
#36
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11
Does it support the new profiles feature Netflix recently added ?
|
Not that I can see.
|
|
|
10-09-2013, 20:25
|
#37
|
|
Smeghead
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Glasgow
Age: 45
Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Posts: 14,778
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ
Do you have to pay a Netflix sub on top of your regular VM sub to use this service?
|
Yes
__________________
AMD Ryzen 7 7700 | 32GB DDR5 6000 | RADEON 7900XT | WD 2TB NVME
|
|
|
10-09-2013, 21:32
|
#38
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ
Do you have to pay a Netflix sub on top of your regular VM sub to use this service?
|
As it's only at trial stage, full details have not yet been confirmed. The BBC suggested the following:
"The BBC understands that Virgin may offer Netflix as part of a bundled service."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24024364
|
|
|
10-09-2013, 22:06
|
#39
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pharmacist
I just had a look at my settings after I read your post. 1080p also came up as not supported, but I then went through the "test formats" on the right of the screen. It went through all the settings and then allowed you to select 1080p. I'd imagine it would let you do the same. The 1080p was only at 25hz though
|
Just tried it on my bedroom setup where the tivo video out doesn't go through the AV amp; it goes directly to an HDMI input on the TV (5.1 audio is via Tivo's optical out to the amp).
I get the same problem; 1080p not supported. The TV is an older model than the lounge one; Sony 40W2000, but still is 1080p capable. I have a second WDTV Live SMP, and that connects at 1080p just fine, as have previously connected Blueray players.
Another HDMI conundrum.
|
|
|
11-09-2013, 09:58
|
#40
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Royal Berkshire
Age: 61
Services: Everything.
Posts: 603
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat
Just tried it on my bedroom setup where the tivo video out doesn't go through the AV amp; it goes directly to an HDMI input on the TV (5.1 audio is via Tivo's optical out to the amp).
I get the same problem; 1080p not supported. The TV is an older model than the lounge one; Sony 40W2000, but still is 1080p capable. I have a second WDTV Live SMP, and that connects at 1080p just fine, as have previously connected Blueray players.
Another HDMI conundrum.
|
God knows what's going on then. I'm assuming you went through the test bit as I said. Did it say "If you see an image press thumbs up 3 times" when it went through each output setting on the test section? Just trying to think why it allowed me to do as i said but won't let you. I run the Tivo box via HDMI through a Sony surround sound system by the way but wouldn't think that alters anything regarding the Tivo setting we're on about. Sorry to others on this thread if this is going astray from the original topic.
|
|
|
11-09-2013, 16:13
|
#41
|
|
Guest
Services: BT Infinity 80Mb down, 20Mb upload. Syncing @ 148Mb down, 44Mb up. TRUELY UNLIMITED/UNMANAGED/UNTHRO
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
STOP PRESS...Netflix confirmed as..........Coming soon lololollmaol
|
|
|
|
11-09-2013, 16:27
|
#42
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pharmacist
God knows what's going on then. I'm assuming you went through the test bit as I said. Did it say "If you see an image press thumbs up 3 times" when it went through each output setting on the test section? Just trying to think why it allowed me to do as i said but won't let you. I run the Tivo box via HDMI through a Sony surround sound system by the way but wouldn't think that alters anything regarding the Tivo setting we're on about. Sorry to others on this thread if this is going astray from the original topic.
|
I did the test and it went through the different resolutions.... 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i.
It said to press Thumbs up once if you saw an image which I did on all the above resolutions. It then did the final one (1080p I presume) and the screen went blank followed by an unsupported resolution notice.
It only said to press thumbs up once for each resolution, not three times.
|
|
|
11-09-2013, 17:28
|
#43
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Royal Berkshire
Age: 61
Services: Everything.
Posts: 603
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat
I did the test and it went through the different resolutions.... 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i.
It said to press Thumbs up once if you saw an image which I did on all the above resolutions. It then did the final one (1080p I presume) and the screen went blank followed by an unsupported resolution notice.
It only said to press thumbs up once for each resolution, not three times.
|
I just tried it again and it was press thumbs up once. **** knows where i got three times from!. I do use reading glasses so maybe i need my eyes tested again  It still went through to the 1080p resolution though
|
|
|
13-09-2013, 18:14
|
#44
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: sunny Scotland
Services: TV:XL sports and movies HD
v+x2
1xTivo 1tb
100 meg bb
talk unlimited
Posts: 29
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
I think you can only get to work in 1080p if you already have access to netflix via TiVo, mine runs at 1080p 24 frames but before hand I could only get it to run 1080i
|
|
|
13-09-2013, 18:42
|
#45
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meekboy
I think you can only get to work in 1080p if you already have access to netflix via TiVo, mine runs at 1080p 24 frames but before hand I could only get it to run 1080i
|
Interesting. Where does it show the 24fps?
I know a lot of US Netflix, both film and TV shows, are 24fps, but not sure what most of the UK content is. (I think Spiderplant said somewhere that it varies?)
I have my WD box set to output 1080p/24 and it works fine for all Netflix regions.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:16.
|