Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
10-09-2013, 09:10
|
#16
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat
Netflix offers 1080p streaming. Just checked my Tivo and it says that 1080p/25 is not suppored.
|
Where have you read that? It's not true. (I know the help screen used to be wrong, but I thought that was fixed now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat
I'm not sure what frame rate UK Netflix is but on the US site, most content, including US TV is 24fps.
|
They use various rates. It's been "interesting" getting it working on the VM TiVo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal
Jeez, it was a serious question (which none of you even bothered to answer). What's so hard to understand about me preferring the US netflix and wanting to know whether i'd be able to use it on Tivo instead of the WD TV Live? I don't have Tivo btw but had been considering getting it after reading this news.
|
You shot yourself in the foot by saying "the UK Netflix hardly has any content" which is blatantly untrue. However, to answer your question, no you can't change the DNS setting.
|
|
|
10-09-2013, 09:47
|
#17
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 51
Services: ntl digital/broadband
Posts: 425
|
re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Awesome I just signed up for netflix last week
---------- Post added at 10:47 ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant
Where have you read that? It's not true. (I know the help screen used to be wrong, but I thought that was fixed now)
They use various rates. It's been "interesting" getting it working on the VM TiVo.
You shot yourself in the foot by saying "the UK Netflix hardly has any content" which is blatantly untrue. However, to answer your question, no you can't change the DNS setting.
|
Yes the netflix content has gotten much better film wise of late
|
|
|
10-09-2013, 10:05
|
#18
|
|
Smeghead
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Glasgow
Age: 45
Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Posts: 14,778
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Updated the thread title as its now official.
__________________
AMD Ryzen 7 7700 | 32GB DDR5 6000 | RADEON 7900XT | WD 2TB NVME
|
|
|
10-09-2013, 10:15
|
#19
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hell
Age: 50
Posts: 5,956
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Quote:
Hi all
We have just had the confirmation of the Netflix trial plans for TiVo. I can announce that the lucky areas for Netflix to be rolled out and trialed are:
Peterborough
Crawley
Andover
Londonderry
Swindon
A full roll out is being planned for a later stage to cover other areas. We'll keep you posted as soon as we have more information.
Thanks
Craig
|
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...s/td-p/1981966
|
|
|
10-09-2013, 11:21
|
#20
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Probably outside the M25
Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Posts: 3,473
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
So they are trialling it now, how long before all customers get it?
Coming soon?
|
|
|
10-09-2013, 11:22
|
#21
|
|
Grumpy Fecker
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,105
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate
|
WHAT
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user
https://nobaraproject.org/
|
|
|
10-09-2013, 12:12
|
#22
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant
Where have you read that? It's not true. (I know the help screen used to be wrong, but I thought that was fixed now)
.
|
I've checked both my Tivos and when I go into video settings, it won't let me select 1080p; it says that it is not supported.
---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat
I've checked both my Tivos and when I go into video settings, it won't let me select 1080p; it says that it is not supported.
|
Reading the info screen on the video settings page says that 1080p is supported if you let the video 'pass through' with no up-scaling from Tivo. But if I tick all the video resolution boxes, it still says that 1080p is not supported. Are you meant to assume that it is and press the continue button?
|
|
|
10-09-2013, 12:15
|
#23
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx
So they are trialling it now, how long before all customers get it?
|
By the end of the year, subject to success of the pilot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat
I've checked both my Tivos and when I go into video settings, it won't let me select 1080p; it says that it is not supported.
Reading the info screen on the video settings page says that 1080p is supported if you let the video 'pass through' with no up-scaling from Tivo. But if I tick all the video resolution boxes, it still says that 1080p is not supported. Are you meant to assume that it is and press the continue button?
|
Your TV is telling the TiVo it doesn't support 1080p. What make & model TV is it?
|
|
|
10-09-2013, 12:23
|
#24
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Probably outside the M25
Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Posts: 3,473
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant
By the end of the year, subject to success of the pilot.
|
A roll out before the end of the year isn't too bad. One of my friends still has Virgin but downgraded the tv package to save some money. Had mentioned Netflix as an alternative as they no longer had movies, maybe this will be useful.
|
|
|
10-09-2013, 12:39
|
#25
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant
Your TV is telling the TiVo it doesn't support 1080p. What make & model TV is it?
|
It's a Sony KDL40W4000.
It does support 1080p. Tivo is connected to the TV via the output of my Yamaha RX-V1900 AV amp, All my other devices connect to the TV in the same way.
My WDTV Live SMP, 3 different Blueray players and an HTPC are all set to output 1080p via the same connection method and do so with no problem.
|
|
|
10-09-2013, 12:47
|
#26
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat
It's a Sony KDL40W4000.
It does support 1080p. Tivo is connected to the TV via the output of my Yamaha RX-V1900 AV amp,
|
Aha, I've come across this with amps before. Check for firmware updates to the amp. Or it may be fine to just set the TiVo to 1080p regardless.
|
|
|
10-09-2013, 13:08
|
#27
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant
Or it may be fine to just set the TiVo to 1080p regardless.
|
Thanks Spiderplant
It won't let me select 1080p
It has the following options, all selectable
576i
576p
720p
1080i
Then a white line, below which it says
1080p@25fps (not supported) which is not selectable.
TBH it's not a big deal. I use my WDTVLive for Netflix which has the advantage of not being limited to UK Netflix.
I'll try the Tivo app when it arrives and see how it looks. As the amp is an older one with no internet connection, updating firmware (if there is a new version) is not so easy. And I'm a firm believer, where firmware is concerned, if it aint broke... I don't want to fix one problem and potentially cause a whole bunch more
Maybe it will fix itself when the next TiVo update arrives?
|
|
|
10-09-2013, 13:21
|
#28
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Royal Berkshire
Age: 61
Services: Everything.
Posts: 603
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat
Thanks Spiderplant
It won't let me select 1080p
It has the following options, all selectable
576i
576p
720p
1080i
Then a white line, below which it says
1080p@25fps (not supported) which is not selectable.
TBH it's not a big deal. I use my WDTVLive for Netflix which has the advantage of not being limited to UK Netflix.
I'll try the Tivo app when it arrives and see how it looks. As the amp is an older one with no internet connection, updating firmware (if there is a new version) is not so easy. And I'm a firm believer, where firmware is concerned, if it aint broke... I don't want to fix one problem and potentially cause a whole bunch more
Maybe it will fix itself when the next TiVo update arrives?
|
I just had a look at my settings after I read your post. 1080p also came up as not supported, but I then went through the "test formats" on the right of the screen. It went through all the settings and then allowed you to select 1080p. I'd imagine it would let you do the same. The 1080p was only at 25hz though
|
|
|
10-09-2013, 15:21
|
#29
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pharmacist
I just had a look at my settings after I read your post. 1080p also came up as not supported, but I then went through the "test formats" on the right of the screen. It went through all the settings and then allowed you to select 1080p. I'd imagine it would let you do the same.
|
Thanks. Will give it a go.
---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 14:28 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pharmacist
I just had a look at my settings after I read your post. 1080p also came up as not supported, but I then went through the "test formats" on the right of the screen. It went through all the settings and then allowed you to select 1080p. I'd imagine it would let you do the same. The 1080p was only at 25hz though
|
Tried that but it didn't work for me.
|
|
|
10-09-2013, 17:13
|
#30
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Coventry
Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
Posts: 1,508
|
Re: Netflix on TiVo(Confirmed)
Does the app support Super-HD content in Netflix?
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 13:37.
|