Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo first timer questions

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

TiVo first timer questions
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2013, 07:18   #1
AdamDigital
cf.member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nottingham
Services: VM V6 x 2. 500MB broadband.
Posts: 35
AdamDigital is an unknown quantity at this point
TiVo first timer questions

I took delivery of my first TiVo box (1TB) on Wednesday 14th. I had held off due to posts on here and elsewhere reporting poor SD PQ on some TVs. Glad to report that my Sony TV is showing much improved SD and HD since I changed from the V+HD box.

I have tried in vain to set the TiVo remote to control the audio output of my Panasonic SA-PT460 home cinema system. I never got the V+HD remote to control it either. I have tried all the TiVo codes VM indicate, and the "start at 1999 and keep pressing..." options, to no avail. Is there anyone out there who has successfully achieved my goal?

I have recorded about 20 "shows", and I see that each recording has been automatically given a single "thumbs up" by the box. I have since changed some of them to 2 or 3, to see what happens. The "Suggestions" folder in "My Shows" is still empty nearly 6 days later. Should I have seen anything appearing in that folder by now?

Spoke to VM yesterday who said "Auch, it can take up to a week before the box learns what you like and starts recording suggestions" (the operative was Scottish). I wonder however what others' experience was when they first got TiVo.

Thanks
AdamDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-08-2013, 07:34   #2
MutleyF
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sompting, West Sussex
Age: 62
Services: 1TB Tivo, "Big Kahuna"
Posts: 419
MutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant future
Re: TiVo first timer questions

Agree regarding the suggestions - mine took around a week before suggested recordings started coming in.
MutleyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 07:36   #3
AdamDigital
cf.member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nottingham
Services: VM V6 x 2. 500MB broadband.
Posts: 35
AdamDigital is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: TiVo first timer questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutleyF View Post
Agree regarding the suggestions - mine took around a week before suggested recordings started coming in.
Thanks MutleyF.
AdamDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:45.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum