18-08-2013, 10:53
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 22
|
Tv distribution
HI folks,
I hope this is the right place to ask. I’ve just bought a 4 bedroom ‘fixer upa’ house, and needs lots of work, so I will be starting from scratch. I noticed that the house an old NTL connection box on the outside of the house. I was going to get Sky installed, but now looking a VM’s Tv service.
Anyway, I want to distribute Tv around the house, but I am not sure how to do that. I know, with Sky I can use a mutliswitch, which sends the signals to the rooms, that I can lay cables to and connect sky boxes in the various rooms with subs.
I want to send/split the signal to the following rooms, family room (Tivo box), main bedroom (Tivo box and V+ boxes to the other 3 bedrooms, so there will be 5 boxes in total.
Something like this
NTL box --> Splitter
--> from splitter to Tivo box 1
--> from splitter to Tivo box 2
--> from splitter to V+ box 1
--> from splitter to V+ box 2
--> from splitter to V+ box 3
Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this or if this is possible? is there a limit of the number of boxes I can have
Thanks MJH
|
|
|
18-08-2013, 13:32
|
#2
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: Tv distribution
VM will install the cabling and split as necessary to put the boxes wherever you want (within reason). You can have up to 6 TV boxes.
V+ boxes are not normally available for new installs now, having been superseded by TiVo. Do you mean V-HD maybe? http://store.virginmedia.com/digital.../v-hd-box.html
ps. Welcome to the forum!
|
|
|
18-08-2013, 13:40
|
#3
|
|
Smeghead
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Glasgow
Age: 45
Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Posts: 14,778
|
Re: Tv distribution
VM will install a box to the rooms you want with out you having to do any work.
__________________
AMD Ryzen 7 7700 | 32GB DDR5 6000 | RADEON 7900XT | WD 2TB NVME
|
|
|
18-08-2013, 15:24
|
#4
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Tv distribution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
VM will install a box to the rooms you want with out you having to do any work.
|
Right, if he wanted cable lying about or tacked onto his newly plastered walls, otherwise you have to do it yourself.
|
|
|
|
18-08-2013, 16:20
|
#5
|
|
Smeghead
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Glasgow
Age: 45
Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Posts: 14,778
|
Re: Tv distribution
Well all my cables are neatly tacked to the top of the skirting boards and around the doors and they are hardly noticable due to being the same colour as the skirting.
__________________
AMD Ryzen 7 7700 | 32GB DDR5 6000 | RADEON 7900XT | WD 2TB NVME
|
|
|
18-08-2013, 17:58
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 22
|
Re: Tv distribution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh
Right, if he wanted cable lying about or tacked onto his newly plastered walls, otherwise you have to do it yourself.
|
Yes, that is what I wanted to avoid, cables all over the place. Since it will be a work in progress, I want to get all the cables (electric/data/tv) installed, then the plasterer can come in and give the rooms a smooth finish with hidden cables.
I figured that using multiply VM boxes would use the same type as Sky, (multiswitch) but when I google'd I could not find the info I wanted. So I posted here.
Thanks
|
|
|
18-08-2013, 20:32
|
#7
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,386
|
Re: Tv distribution
Your better running cables to one point like a cupboard including the broadband coax cable. That way you can attatch whatever cable you need.
|
|
|
21-08-2013, 14:01
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 22
|
Re: Tv distribution
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66
Your better running cables to one point like a cupboard including the broadband coax cable. That way you can attatch whatever cable you need.
|
Yep, that's what I had planned, was to make all the cables meet at a central point in the loft above the outside wall mounted box. I've worked it out, that I need 96m of cable, inc 10% extra for wastage etc.
I've looked around and found this cable, would this be suitable for my needs? http://www.aerialsat.com/prod/100m-h...oax-cable.html
Thanks
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:09.
|