TiVo Recording Anything It Feels Inclined To
15-08-2013, 21:40
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Derbyshire
Services: TiVo XXL - VBox x 2 - 152/12 - Landline - VM Mobiles x 2 ~
Posts: 39
|
TiVo Recording Anything It Feels Inclined To
Although the title is a slight exaggeration this last week or so the TiVo has been recording anything it bloody well wants to, quite a few series links & recordings I set to do on demand haven't been what I requested, although it has been interesting to see new programs I would't have normally recorded it's annoying when I miss something.
Sky Living, Gold, & some BBC (BBC1 today) channels are affected, anyone know a reason for this? I've rebooted the box to no avail? I've re-done the series links and that don't seem to have sorted the problem.
|
|
|
15-08-2013, 21:54
|
#2
|
|
Smeghead
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Glasgow
Age: 45
Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Posts: 14,778
|
Re: TiVo Recording Anything It Feels Inclined To
Have you got any examples of what you had set to record and what TiVo actually recored?
__________________
AMD Ryzen 7 7700 | 32GB DDR5 6000 | RADEON 7900XT | WD 2TB NVME
|
|
|
15-08-2013, 22:00
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Deepest pits of Hell
Age: 42
Posts: 4,964
|
Re: TiVo Recording Anything It Feels Inclined To
1. Are suggestions on?
2. Are there multiple programmes on at same time, ie do you have more than 3 shows on at the same time on a certain night? If so, it will record the next available showing for the lowest priority show in series link.
3. Do you have series link set to recording new only?
4. Did you set a wishlist up and then ask it to record all upcoming programmes on that wishlist?
|
|
|
15-08-2013, 22:02
|
#4
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: TiVo Recording Anything It Feels Inclined To
Maybe you've accidentally set up a WishList that's too general. Can you be more specific about what it is recording? If you could post screenshots of My Shows, Planned Series and Planned Recordings that may help.
|
|
|
16-08-2013, 10:16
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Derbyshire
Services: TiVo XXL - VBox x 2 - 152/12 - Landline - VM Mobiles x 2 ~
Posts: 39
|
Re: TiVo Recording Anything It Feels Inclined To
I don't use wishlists - 'Casualty' (BBC1) this week recorded a totally different program to the annoyance of my wife - 'The Royal' on Gold was replaced with part of 'Allo Allo' (Eeeek) & half of two programs all this week - I usually record new & re-runs, 'Enterprise' on CBS Action wasn't recorded at all. I've switched the unit off for half hour to give it a proper re-boot to see if that solves the problem. I did remove all my series links & any other upcoming stuff which were just a couple of films on True Movies but that didn't solve the problem.
Edit: I do look for any clashes & change to the + channels to avoid if poss or don't record them at all.
|
|
|
16-08-2013, 11:46
|
#6
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: TiVo Recording Anything It Feels Inclined To
Look in Recording Hiccups to see why Enterprise didn't record.
The others may be schedule changes that the TiVo didn't pick up in time. If you look in the reverse EPG, have the schedules now changed?
|
|
|
17-08-2013, 18:48
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Derbyshire
Services: TiVo XXL - VBox x 2 - 152/12 - Landline - VM Mobiles x 2 ~
Posts: 39
|
Re: TiVo Recording Anything It Feels Inclined To
After the second re-boot so far all seems well, whether the TiVo got messed up somehow or its schedules got corrupted I don't know but it does seem OK - Thanks for the input
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:36.
|