About time TiVO had an update!
17-08-2013, 11:01
|
#16
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 49
|
Re: About time TiVO had an update!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant
Do you mean on reminders? If so, it does, doesn't it?
|
No it wants me to record it and remind me, I want it to change to that channel so I don't forget. I don't want the hassle of having to go through various menus to delete something I just watched..
|
|
|
17-08-2013, 11:19
|
#17
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: About time TiVO had an update!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crushednutts
No it wants me to record it and remind me, I want it to change to that channel so I don't forget. I don't want the hassle of having to go through various menus to delete something I just watched..
|
Where is Carl Waring when you need him?
'Various menus'?
One button press to My Shows, select the show and then a one button press to delete. Done.
|
|
|
17-08-2013, 11:30
|
#18
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 49
|
Re: About time TiVO had an update!
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat
Where is Carl Waring when you need him?
'Various menus'?
One button press to My Shows, select the show and then a one button press to delete. Done.
|
OK maybe I'm being a touch lazy.
But the wife who has M.E. and doesn't always remember viewing times could set up her evenings viewing and sit back and relax knowing the TV would take care of itself.
BTW.. I see a certain Carl Waring pops up on the Digital Spy forums now..
|
|
|
17-08-2013, 11:49
|
#19
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: About time TiVO had an update!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crushednutts
OK maybe I'm being a touch lazy.
But the wife who has M.E. and doesn't always remember viewing times could set up her evenings viewing and sit back and relax knowing the TV would take care of itself.
|
I saw a post a while back making a similar case such as the one you make for your wife and understand it,
But wouldn't it be just as easy to set recordings up for everything and just access them from My Shows? Especially as I'm sure many of them are series, so the recording only has to be set up once.
I seem to remember a discussion a good while back that said that they do auto switch to the reminded channel on Tivo, but as I don't use them, I can't say for sure.
Tivo was never designed with reminders in mind; they weren't considered necessary on a PVR where all three tuners were able to record. VM listened to those who wanted them and I think made a good job of including them in a software concept that was alien to Reminders, even though they don't work exactly like they do on the V+.
|
|
|
17-08-2013, 11:56
|
#20
|
|
Smeghead
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Glasgow
Age: 45
Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Posts: 14,778
|
Re: About time TiVO had an update!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crushednutts
No it wants me to record it and remind me, I want it to change to that channel so I don't forget. I don't want the hassle of having to go through various menus to delete something I just watched..
|
That was the only way TiVo could implement the reminder facility.
__________________
AMD Ryzen 7 7700 | 32GB DDR5 6000 | RADEON 7900XT | WD 2TB NVME
|
|
|
17-08-2013, 11:58
|
#21
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Coventry
Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
Posts: 1,508
|
Re: About time TiVO had an update!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin
When you say recently, you actually mean October last year - ten months ago. That is when the US TiVo got the HD menus we are missing and the improved clash management.
|
Yep, that one has been out for some time now, that update also moves the series-link indexing to the background (no more 6 minutes waits when changing recording priorities):
http://blog.tivo.com/2012/10/fall-up.../#.Ug9k-z_9WFI
|
|
|
17-08-2013, 12:04
|
#22
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: About time TiVO had an update!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan
|
Now that will be a big bonus. My re-indexing takes way longer than 6 minutes, so I only do it when absolutely necessary and do something else whilst it is being done.
|
|
|
17-08-2013, 12:08
|
#23
|
|
Still alive and fighting
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 56,742
|
Re: About time TiVO had an update!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
That was the only way TiVo could implement the reminder facility.
|
And l for one am glad of having the reminder facility.
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
|
|
|
17-08-2013, 12:15
|
#24
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
|
Re: About time TiVO had an update!
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat
Now that will be a big bonus. My re-indexing takes way longer than 6 minutes, so I only do it when absolutely necessary and do something else whilst it is being done.
|
You can effectively do this in the background by initiating it from the TV Anywhere iPad app.
|
|
|
17-08-2013, 12:17
|
#25
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: About time TiVO had an update!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin
You can effectively do this in the background by initiating it from the TV Anywhere iPad app.
|
Just need an ipad
|
|
|
17-08-2013, 12:18
|
#26
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
|
Re: About time TiVO had an update!
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat
Just need an ipad 
|
...or the Android app.
|
|
|
17-08-2013, 13:15
|
#27
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Birmingham
Services: Virgin Media Cable TV (1TB Tivo) & Net, 120cm motorized satellite system.
Posts: 309
|
Re: About time TiVO had an update!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
That was the only way TiVo could implement the reminder facility.
|
Pathetic box then.
I hate the way it works.
I want reminder without record.
Now that is something that really makes me mad, feel like kicking the box out the window at times because of the stupid remind and record and no remind only.
Wish VM would come out with a decent box.
Tivo is OK but nothing spectacular.
Have to say I get more annoyed with the box than I don't get annoyed.
The box has nearly gone through the window loads of time.
No wonder so many friends and family when used mine or a few other friends boxes have said they won't change to a Tivo box.
|
|
|
17-08-2013, 13:24
|
#28
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sheffield
Age: 39
Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
Posts: 4,090
|
Re: About time TiVO had an update!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BexTech
Pathetic box then.
I hate the way it works.
I want reminder without record.
Now that is something that really makes me mad, feel like kicking the box out the window at times because of the stupid remind and record and no remind only.
Wish VM would come out with a decent box.
Tivo is OK but nothing spectacular.
Have to say I get more annoyed with the box than I don't get annoyed.
The box has nearly gone through the window loads of time.
No wonder so many friends and family when used mine or a few other friends boxes have said they won't change to a Tivo box.
|
When i was with VM i loved Tivo. Yes it has its flaws but so does every box
|
|
|
17-08-2013, 13:27
|
#29
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jan 2007
Services: XL TV
XL Phone
XL 100MB broadband
TiVo
Cat
Posts: 2,611
|
Re: About time TiVO had an update!
is there anyway to view the tv schedule when watching a recorded show? I click ok button and it brings up the mini guide. I try to close it and it stops the recording.
most annoying.
|
|
|
17-08-2013, 13:30
|
#30
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 363
|
Re: About time TiVO had an update!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney
is there anyway to view the tv schedule when watching a recorded show? I click ok button and it brings up the mini guide. I try to close it and it stops the recording.
most annoying.
|
Yes there is. Pressing the Guide button will load the guide up and show the recording in the top right of your screen. As you say pressing the OK button brings up the mini guide, on both you can 'info' programmes.
To get rid of the guide/mini guide without stopping the playback just press the button under the Guide button in both cases and it will get rid of the mini guide and enlarge to full screen your recording that you're watching when it exits the ordinary guide
I hope that makes sense
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:06.
|