Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Recordings freeze then jump!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Recordings freeze then jump!
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2013, 21:17   #1
nashmills
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Services: 500GB TiVo (TV M), BB 100Mb, Phone M
Posts: 141
nashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about them
Recordings freeze then jump!

I'm having a problem with my TiVo box while watching recorded programmes. Whilst watching a recording the picture will suddenly freeze, break up and then after a few seconds start again but approximately 10 minutes further on.

Is this a known problem? Can I do anything to solve it myself as it is very frustrating?
nashmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2013, 21:47   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Recordings freeze then jump!

Do you have any problems with picture breakup when watching live TV? If so, you have a signal quality issue. If not, I'm afraid your Tivo is probably on the way out.

Either way, you'll need to call VM to get it fixed.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:22   #3
nashmills
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Services: 500GB TiVo (TV M), BB 100Mb, Phone M
Posts: 141
nashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Recordings freeze then jump!

I phoned technical support and was told the problem is my signal was too low on 2 of my 3 tuners. An engineer came on Thursday and replaced the box and had to put an attenuator on the back because the signal was too high!

All working okay now.
nashmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:54   #4
gtac
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1
gtac is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Recordings freeze then jump!

It would seem you are not alone. I have the same problem and there are a number of similar entries brought up by google search. I have had a cable upgrade and am now told that I should frequently reboot the TiVo to prevent this problem. I think I am being fobbed off and suspect the hard drive. GT
gtac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:47   #5
OLD BOY
Rise above the players
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wokingham
Services: 2 V6 with 360, ITVX, 4+, Prime, Netflix, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount+, Discovery+, HBO Max
Posts: 15,514
OLD BOY has a nice shiny star
OLD BOY has a nice shiny star
Re: Recordings freeze then jump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtac View Post
It would seem you are not alone. I have the same problem and there are a number of similar entries brought up by google search. I have had a cable upgrade and am now told that I should frequently reboot the TiVo to prevent this problem. I think I am being fobbed off and suspect the hard drive. GT
I think a regular re-boot, say every couple of weeks or so, is quite good advice. Without it, performance can deteriorate and then suddenly one day it gives up the ghost, so you are forced to do it.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:54.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum