Virgin Media screens may go dark at Christmas due to industrial action.
04-12-2012, 14:41
|
#1
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,248
|
Virgin Media screens may go dark at Christmas due to industrial action.
papa smurf has posted this rather worrying post in another thread:
"any way re union involvement i would be more worried about the 30 bectu members
Virgin Media anti-union move hits BECTU members
26 November 2012
Roughly 30 members of BECTU working for Virgin Media have been caught up in union de-recognition bid.
those mere 30 bectu members work in broadcasting and its nearly xmas ,and bectu are a lot more militant than the cwu ,make sure the freeview is tuned in".
I took this to mean that VM TV screens may go dark at Christmas due to industrial action by some VM staff.
If my TV goes off due to industrial action I will simply use another TV supplier, what will others do?
Does anyone know if this threat is a reality?
|
|
|
04-12-2012, 14:48
|
#2
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sheffield
Age: 39
Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
Posts: 4,090
|
Re: Virgin Media screens may go dark at Christmas due to industrial action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter
papa smurf has posted this rather worrying post in another thread:
"any way re union involvement i would be more worried about the 30 bectu members
Virgin Media anti-union move hits BECTU members
26 November 2012
Roughly 30 members of BECTU working for Virgin Media have been caught up in union de-recognition bid.
those mere 30 bectu members work in broadcasting and its nearly xmas ,and bectu are a lot more militant than the cwu ,make sure the freeview is tuned in".
I took this to mean that VM TV screens may go dark at Christmas due to industrial action by some VM staff.
If my TV goes off due to industrial action I will simply use another TV supplier, what will others do?
Does anyone know if this threat is a reality?
|
Wont happen. Wont affect TV. Peoples TV will be on over xmas
|
|
|
04-12-2012, 14:57
|
#3
|
|
Still alive and fighting
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 56,742
|
Re: Virgin Media screens may go dark at Christmas due to industrial action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter
papa smurf has posted this rather worrying post in another thread:
"any way re union involvement i would be more worried about the 30 bectu members
Virgin Media anti-union move hits BECTU members
26 November 2012
Roughly 30 members of BECTU working for Virgin Media have been caught up in union de-recognition bid.
those mere 30 bectu members work in broadcasting and its nearly xmas ,and bectu are a lot more militant than the cwu ,make sure the freeview is tuned in".
I took this to mean that VM TV screens may go dark at Christmas due to industrial action by some VM staff.
If my TV goes off due to industrial action I will simply use another TV supplier, what will others do?
Does anyone know if this threat is a reality?
|
There is more chance of man landing on Mars then of this happening.
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
|
|
|
04-12-2012, 15:04
|
#4
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sheffield
Age: 39
Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
Posts: 4,090
|
Re: Virgin Media screens may go dark at Christmas due to industrial action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone
There is more chance of man landing on Mars then of this happening.
|
Well said Denny boy
|
|
|
04-12-2012, 15:09
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,798
|
Re: Virgin Media screens may go dark at Christmas due to industrial action.
Does anyone know what this dispute is all about, if it happens l will simply switch to Sky.
This is what unions are all about, they will pick the best time of year to strike ie Airports pick Summer or Xmas, Undergrounds pick the busiest times of the year.
And then we have VM pick Xmas. Lets see all the Directors of VM trembling in there boots over this.
|
|
|
04-12-2012, 15:10
|
#6
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
|
Re: Virgin Media screens may go dark at Christmas due to industrial action.
I suppose I would worry about it if I thought it would / could ever happen. I guess I can't take the OP seriously enough to give it serious consideration.
Even if it DID happen I just wouldn't watch TV - I 've got plenty of other things to do.
|
|
|
04-12-2012, 15:42
|
#7
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,248
|
Re: Virgin Media screens may go dark at Christmas due to industrial action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes
Wont happen. Wont affect TV. Peoples TV will be on over xmas
|
Phew!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
I suppose I would worry about it if I thought it would / could ever happen. I guess I can't take the OP seriously enough to give it serious consideration.
Even if it DID happen I just wouldn't watch TV - I 've got plenty of other things to do.
|
Why would you worry about it if you have plenty of other things to do?
You have no reason to not take this seriously simply because I posted it, as you so rudely stated. In addition, the revelation of the possibility of industrial action was not made by me.
|
|
|
04-12-2012, 15:44
|
#8
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
|
Re: Virgin Media screens may go dark at Christmas due to industrial action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter
You have no reason to not take this seriously simply because I posted it, as you so rudely stated. In addition, the revelation of the possibility of industrial action was not made by me.
|
Yes I do.
|
|
|
04-12-2012, 15:47
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Age: 62
Posts: 15,868
|
Re: Virgin Media screens may go dark at Christmas due to industrial action.
6 posts and the bickering starts. Stop it now.
|
|
|
04-12-2012, 15:51
|
#10
|
|
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 69
Services: Premiere Collection
Posts: 45,053
|
Re: Virgin Media screens may go dark at Christmas due to industrial action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter
Phew!!!
Why would you worry about it if you have plenty of other things to do?
You have no reason to not take this seriously simply because I posted it, as you so rudely stated. In addition, the revelation of the possibility of industrial action was not made by me.
|
Actually, the interpretation of the poster's statement was made by you, when you stated
Quote:
|
I took this to mean that VM TV screens may go dark at Christmas due to industrial action by some VM staff.
|
__________________
Thank you for calling the Abyss.
If you have called to scream, please press 1 to be transferred to the Void, or press 2 to begin your stare.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
|
|
|
04-12-2012, 15:52
|
#11
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
|
Re: Virgin Media screens may go dark at Christmas due to industrial action.
Indeed  - Facts and fiction coming out again.....
|
|
|
04-12-2012, 16:05
|
#12
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,248
|
Re: Virgin Media screens may go dark at Christmas due to industrial action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh
Actually, the interpretation of the poster's statement was made by you, when you stated
|
What is your interpretation of what was said? Did you come to a different conclusion to myself?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
Indeed  - Facts and fiction coming out again.....
|
What do you deem to be fact and what do you deem to be fiction?
|
|
|
04-12-2012, 16:08
|
#13
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
|
Re: Virgin Media screens may go dark at Christmas due to industrial action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter
What is your interpretation of what was said? Did you come to a different conclusion to myself?
What do you deem to be fact and what do you deem to be fiction?
|
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35...-post1578.html
The first two paragraphs in this post are all I need to know with regards yourself and facts.
Which - to stray on to the topic - is why I can't take you seriously on this or many of the other things you say.
But and this is important I'm in no way saying you shouldn't comment.
|
|
|
04-12-2012, 16:11
|
#14
|
|
vox populi vox dei
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: the last resort
Services: every thing
Posts: 15,593
|
Re: Virgin Media screens may go dark at Christmas due to industrial action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter
papa smurf has posted this rather worrying post in another thread:
"any way re union involvement i would be more worried about the 30 bectu members
Virgin Media anti-union move hits BECTU members
26 November 2012
Roughly 30 members of BECTU working for Virgin Media have been caught up in union de-recognition bid.
those mere 30 bectu members work in broadcasting and its nearly xmas ,and bectu are a lot more militant than the cwu ,make sure the freeview is tuned in".
I took this to mean that VM TV screens may go dark at Christmas due to industrial action by some VM staff.
If my TV goes off due to industrial action I will simply use another TV supplier, what will others do?
Does anyone know if this threat is a reality?
|
wow you took it to mean all that  i can't see the words industrial action in there and screens go blue not dark  perhaps you should ring bectu the broadcasting union and ask them what their plans are just explain you know the smurf
http://www.bectu.org.uk/home
Does anyone know if this threat is a reality?[/QUOTE]
i doubt if you are acquainted with reality ...
__________________
To be or not to be, woke is the question Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer. The slings and arrows of outrageous wokedome, Or to take arms against a sea of wokies. And by opposing end them.
|
|
|
04-12-2012, 16:26
|
#15
|
|
Grumpy Fecker
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,098
|
Re: Virgin Media screens may go dark at Christmas due to industrial action.
OMG i have never seen so much rubbish posted in my life, this thread was started for one reason and one reason only, So that a certain poster can continue his attacks of VM staff members because the last thread he used for this purpose was shut down. There is no truth in anything that is being posted in relation to any form of industrial action.
To be honest i think that a Richard C is attempting to get a member of staff in trouble by starting this thread and i feel he's totally out of order.
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user
https://nobaraproject.org/
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 15:03.
|