26-11-2012, 11:02
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Winnersh UK
Services: , BBand 120M tier Superhub, O2 Mobile phone
Posts: 2,147
|
Scart Audio output
I want to take the audio out from the TIVO to a phono connection so that I can connect to the input to an audio amp, the audio amp does not have an optical connection.
Is it possible to get a scart to phono adaptor so that I can take the audio out from the TIVO?
|
|
|
26-11-2012, 11:16
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2012
Services: VM 60Mbit, TiVo.
Posts: 180
|
Re: Scart Audio output
It should be, just remember to flip the switch to output instead of input.
|
|
|
26-11-2012, 12:02
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2011
Services: Everything, sold my soul to Virgin!
Posts: 144
|
Re: Scart Audio output
|
|
|
26-11-2012, 13:19
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Winnersh UK
Services: , BBand 120M tier Superhub, O2 Mobile phone
Posts: 2,147
|
Re: Scart Audio output
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlyboy
|
Thanks I will look into buying it.
SCART Video phono Audio Right Audio Left
I did see a scart to phono in my local shop (SCART Video phono Audio Right Audio
Left), the switch had the markings CVBS and Y/C but the shop did not know what they meant and as it was £10 I gave that a miss.
|
|
|
26-11-2012, 16:52
|
#5
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: West Herts
Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
Posts: 1,987
|
Re: Scart Audio output
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W
Thanks I will look into buying it.
SCART Video phono Audio Right Audio Left
I did see a scart to phono in my local shop (SCART Video phono Audio Right Audio
Left), the switch had the markings CVBS and Y/C but the shop did not know what they meant and as it was £10 I gave that a miss.
|
Only relates to the Video component of the output. CVBS = Composite Video. Y/C = S Video.
|
|
|
12-12-2012, 09:37
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Winnersh UK
Services: , BBand 120M tier Superhub, O2 Mobile phone
Posts: 2,147
|
Re: Scart Audio output
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlyboy
|
I have tried the SCART to Phone adapter but the problem is that if the TIVO HDMI is connected to the TV the output via the SCART is disabled.
It is a pity that my amplifier does not have a HDMI connecter.
|
|
|
12-12-2012, 09:52
|
#7
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: Scart Audio output
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W
I have tried the SCART to Phone adapter but the problem is that if the TIVO HDMI is connected to the TV the output via the SCART is disabled.
|
On TiVo both SCART and HDMI are active at all times. Are you sure you bought the right type of adaptor (SCART output), or if it is switchable, that you have switch set correctly?
|
|
|
12-12-2012, 10:14
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Winnersh UK
Services: , BBand 120M tier Superhub, O2 Mobile phone
Posts: 2,147
|
Re: Scart Audio output
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant
On TiVo both SCART and HDMI are active at all times. Are you sure you bought the right type of adaptor (SCART output), or if it is switchable, that you have switch set correctly?
|
It is switchable one and set to Output.
It was this one.
Gold Switchable Scart to 3 Phono & S-Video Adaptor
|
|
|
12-12-2012, 10:45
|
#9
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: Scart Audio output
That looks the right sort of thing, and on Amazon's website there is a comment that says "Having recently acquired a Virgin Tivo box I had a problem getting a feed for my 5.1 surround system. Maplins solution was going to cost about £40. This little baby solved it for much less.Brilliant. ".
Try it again.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 16:24.
|