12-09-2012, 22:08
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 46
|
how hot does yours run
Hi on standby for hours nothing recorded at least nothing set up and no lights to show recording and it's on the hot side of warm
|
|
|
12-09-2012, 22:33
|
#2
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: how hot does yours run
Well I've never really bothered to check mine for heat so I just so. It's fine. One bit (towards the back RH side) is warmer than the rest but that's the only warm bit of the whole thing.
Well within 'normal' I would say. I could have sworn there was a 'Temperature' reading on the System Info page but it's not there now
|
|
|
13-09-2012, 12:07
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Newark On Trent
Services: V6 Tivo, Virgin BB, Freesat, NowTV. PS4 Pro
Posts: 338
|
Re: how hot does yours run
I've had my Tivo for well over a year now, and it sometimes runs warm, but like Carl, I don't check it. I wouldn't say it ever gets hot.
I do have mine in a TV unit with an open back and space all around the side, touch wood, it runs perfectly.
|
|
|
13-09-2012, 12:11
|
#4
|
|
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 69
Services: Premiere Collection
Posts: 45,059
|
Re: how hot does yours run
Is there adequate vent space around your TiVo?
__________________
Thank you for calling the Abyss.
If you have called to scream, please press 1 to be transferred to the Void, or press 2 to begin your stare.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
|
|
|
13-09-2012, 16:57
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Winnersh UK
Services: , BBand 120M tier Superhub, O2 Mobile phone
Posts: 2,147
|
Re: how hot does yours run
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTi
Hi on standby for hours nothing recorded at least nothing set up and no lights to show recording and it's on the hot side of warm
|
The TIVO 500 consumes 20 watt when in standby mode with no recordings set or recording a programme.
|
|
|
19-09-2012, 18:49
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2007
Location: St Albans, Herts
Services: TV XL w/ All Sky HD Collections. 2xTivo, 1x VHD
Phone XL
Broadband XXL
Posts: 91
|
Re: how hot does yours run
Mines always very hot - both of them are. I've gone one in my garden office (a log-cabin style shed converted and insulated).
I dont have a heater in here. If it gets cold, I just get the tivo box to start steaming or recording and it gets baking hot.
|
|
|
19-09-2012, 19:08
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2012
Services: VM 60Mbit, TiVo.
Posts: 180
|
Re: how hot does yours run
Mine is also quite warm with nothing recording. It's probably because the hard drive never spins down (even during stand-by mode).
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:58.
|