18-09-2012, 05:49
|
#1
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,251
|
Are all TiVo boxes new?
Has everybody who has taken TiVo been supplied with a brand new box?
I was wondering if, with the passage of time since it's introduction, any previously used boxes are now being sent out?
|
|
|
18-09-2012, 07:12
|
#2
|
|
Smeghead
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Glasgow
Age: 45
Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Posts: 14,778
|
Re: Are all TiVo boxes new?
It's possible there are refurbished boxes out there. Why do you ask?
__________________
AMD Ryzen 7 7700 | 32GB DDR5 6000 | RADEON 7900XT | WD 2TB NVME
|
|
|
18-09-2012, 08:01
|
#3
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,386
|
Re: Are all TiVo boxes new?
yeah loads of refurbs out there
|
|
|
18-09-2012, 09:13
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,798
|
Re: Are all TiVo boxes new?
I must have a refurb box, its crap.
|
|
|
18-09-2012, 09:20
|
#5
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sheffield
Age: 39
Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
Posts: 4,090
|
Re: Are all TiVo boxes new?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu
I must have a refurb box, its crap.
|
Thats a bit harsh to say, why do you say its rubbish? Just becuase its a refub doesnt mean its rubbish
|
|
|
18-09-2012, 09:30
|
#6
|
|
Smeghead
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Glasgow
Age: 45
Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Posts: 14,778
|
Re: Are all TiVo boxes new?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu
I must have a refurb box, its crap.
|
Have to say that is utter nonsense. Refurbs are cleaned and fixed up and will look new. You would not be able to tell.
__________________
AMD Ryzen 7 7700 | 32GB DDR5 6000 | RADEON 7900XT | WD 2TB NVME
|
|
|
18-09-2012, 20:54
|
#7
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,251
|
Re: Are all TiVo boxes new?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
It's possible there are refurbished boxes out there. Why do you ask?
|
I am considering getting a TiVo, but want a new one.
What put me off was that I had some friends in the analogue era who went onto cable. The box looked old and was clearly not new- it simply looked terrible.
Following a fall out with Sky, I enquired about getting cable for my own home. I made it clear that I didn't want a second hand box, so the CS rep said that I could have one if I went onto the (then) new digital service, and that's how I entered the world of cable TV.
|
|
|
18-09-2012, 21:16
|
#8
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,386
|
Re: Are all TiVo boxes new?
All tivos look identical, you won't know what you get, who cares there rented anyway
|
|
|
18-09-2012, 21:54
|
#9
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: Are all TiVo boxes new?
A good point. As long as it's not scratched, dented or dusty
|
|
|
19-09-2012, 08:04
|
#10
|
|
Do I care what you think
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,624
|
Re: Are all TiVo boxes new?
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
A good point. As long as it's not scratched, dented or dusty 
|
Hardly "look" at mine ,so scratched or dented would not bother me. As long as it was recorded as such at the time. I would not want a charge for damage.
__________________
No point in being pessimistic. You know it won`t work.
|
|
|
19-09-2012, 08:25
|
#11
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: Are all TiVo boxes new?
Well mine's right in front of me. But it gets dusty all by itself as I should clean the house more than I do
|
|
|
19-09-2012, 09:15
|
#12
|
|
Do I care what you think
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,624
|
Re: Are all TiVo boxes new?
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
Well mine's right in front of me. But it gets dusty all by itself as I should clean the house more than I do 
|
So is mine if I am looking at TV . Can not say I really take any notice of it at other times . Tend to watch if I expect something to record ( paranoia  )
The boss is very keen on collecting dust ( I think she has a box somewhere for it- never checked myself  )
__________________
No point in being pessimistic. You know it won`t work.
|
|
|
19-09-2012, 09:31
|
#13
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: Are all TiVo boxes new?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim
The boss is very keen on collecting dust ( I think she has a box somewhere for it- never checked myself  )
|
Loads here if she wants to collect it
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 16:26.
|