Virgin TV Anywhere arriving in Autumn 2012
07-09-2012, 17:34
|
#31
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: Virgin TV Anywhere arriving in Autumn 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risco
Listen, it is not FREE. I am paying a subscription (VIP) and this is part of the service.
|
Sorry but, no. It is not "part of the service" until it launches. At that point, if you don't start paying any more than you are currently paying, then it is free. Or, at least, will be "included in the subscription". Same difference
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risco
Sky have also had this for years in with the cost of subscription..
|
So it's free with Sky then? So why isn't it free with VM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risco
They also supply a qwerty keypad.
|
Tivo may do. VM do not. It also costs extra. So not the best argument
|
|
|
07-09-2012, 17:36
|
#32
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bristol
Services: VirginMedia Premier collection.
Posts: 71
|
Re: Virgin TV Anywhere arriving in Autumn 2012
   Couldn't agree more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius
You can suggest what you like, i am sticking with what i said as that's my opinion.
|
|
|
|
07-09-2012, 17:45
|
#33
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Virgin TV Anywhere arriving in Autumn 2012
Can't really comment until I see what channels they have signed up.
|
|
|
|
07-09-2012, 17:48
|
#34
|
|
Still alive and fighting
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 56,742
|
Re: Virgin TV Anywhere arriving in Autumn 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh
Can't really comment until I see what channels they have signed up.
|
Yes indeed it will be very revealing what channels will be on offer for us.
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
|
|
|
07-09-2012, 18:12
|
#35
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Maidstone
Services: VIP;
BB XL;
TiVo 1TB;
V+HD
Posts: 674
|
Re: Virgin TV Anywhere arriving in Autumn 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
Sorry but, no. It is not "part of the service" until it launches. At that point, if you don't start paying any more than you are currently paying, then it is free. Or, at least, will be "included in the subscription". Same difference
So it's free with Sky then? So why isn't it free with VM?
Tivo may do. VM do not. It also costs extra. So not the best argument 
|
If I don't pay for the subscription I do not get the service, it is not FREE! I certainly would not pay for something I could get included with a subscription with Sky. I am however happy to pay for a wireless dongle and qwerty keypad at a reasonable one off cost.
|
|
|
07-09-2012, 18:28
|
#36
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: Virgin TV Anywhere arriving in Autumn 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risco
If I don't pay for the subscription I do not get the service, it is not FREE!
|
Hence my comment about "included in the price of the sub."
Quote:
|
I certainly would not pay for something I could get included with a subscription with Sky.
|
Which you won't have to as it will be "included in the price of the sub.". However, given that the price of the sub won't go up when the feature is added does kinda mean that it is, technically, free.
|
|
|
07-09-2012, 19:37
|
#37
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Up North - Where It's Grim
Age: 59
Posts: 2,593
|
Re: Virgin TV Anywhere arriving in Autumn 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
However, given that the price of the sub won't go up when the feature is added does kinda mean that it is, technically, free.
|
To use one of your fav phrases - proof please
Cheers
Grim
|
|
|
07-09-2012, 19:50
|
#38
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: Virgin TV Anywhere arriving in Autumn 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth
To use one of your fav phrases - proof please
Cheers
Grim
|
Your proof that it will
|
|
|
07-09-2012, 19:59
|
#39
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Up North - Where It's Grim
Age: 59
Posts: 2,593
|
Re: Virgin TV Anywhere arriving in Autumn 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr
Your proof that it will
|
I'm not bothered either way. I don't have any Apple products and doubt I ever will. My phone is an Android, but I went out of my way to buy one with a small screen so it wouldn't be the best viewing experience.
I wasn't saying the price would go up, down or sideways when TV Anywhere arrives but I'm interested to know where Carl gets the information from to make such a definitive statement.
Cheers
Grim
|
|
|
07-09-2012, 20:04
|
#40
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: Virgin TV Anywhere arriving in Autumn 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr
Your proof that it will
|
Ah, but it's the person who makes the original atatement that, when asked, needs to offer proof
I haven't a clue which it is. I suspect free.
But why do people waste time challenging Carl? Surely you all know that in Carl's eyes, VM and Tivo can do nothing wrong!
|
|
|
07-09-2012, 20:18
|
#41
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Virgin TV Anywhere arriving in Autumn 2012
I like the bit where despite the fact they sell Windows Phones they don't release an app for it.
|
|
|
|
07-09-2012, 21:10
|
#42
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: Virgin TV Anywhere arriving in Autumn 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth
To use one of your fav phrases - proof please..
|
Knew I should have qualified that. I am just assuming it won't 
---------- Post added at 22:10 ---------- Previous post was at 22:09 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat
But why do people waste time challenging Carl? Surely you all know that in Carl's eyes, VM and Tivo can do nothing wrong!
|
News to me seeing as I've often agreed with many complaints about VM on here
|
|
|
07-09-2012, 21:55
|
#43
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brizzle
Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
Posts: 359
|
Re: Virgin TV Anywhere arriving in Autumn 2012
Hmmm. Going to reserve judgement for when it comes out. Need to see what channels are on there etc. I do have experience of The Sky Mobile app and its pretty good for when you're out and about. But if there's a TiVo remote control on this one then it's clearly aimed for when you're in or out. Not sure why I'd use the Sky Mobile App if I was in front of a TV with Sky on it. So this is going to be interesting.
Although I can't see all arguments for whether it's free or not and what that means, it does seem to me that companies are bundling things in under existing charges to try and tie more customers in. E.G. Sky mobile App is 'free' to Sky customers. 'F1' is free to Sky Sports subscribers. Clearly these things aren't free, they're just packaged in as part of the money you pay. I'd love free Sky F1 if anyone knows where I can get it without having to pay £25 a month.
|
|
|
07-09-2012, 23:19
|
#44
|
|
cf.addict
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 211
|
Re: Virgin TV Anywhere arriving in Autumn 2012
jeeeez the app hasn't been officially released yet and already the vultures are picking at the bones!
Wait and see you might actually be pleasantly surprised.
|
|
|
08-09-2012, 00:34
|
#45
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Maidstone
Services: VIP;
BB XL;
TiVo 1TB;
V+HD
Posts: 674
|
Re: Virgin TV Anywhere arriving in Autumn 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by essjay
jeeeez the app hasn't been officially released yet and already the vultures are picking at the bones!
Wait and see you might actually be pleasantly surprised.
|
Vm screw up most new products that they launch. We end up beta testing it for months or years until it works right, prime examples being the superhub and tivo. I doubt this app will be any different at all.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 15:07.
|