30-08-2012, 14:37
|
#31
|
|
Still alive and fighting
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 56,742
|
Re: Red button
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug P
The choice of courts on Sky Sports Red Button for the US Open Tennis is wonderful imo.... :-)
|
Seconded.
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
|
|
|
30-08-2012, 14:46
|
#32
|
|
Do I care what you think
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,620
|
Re: Red button
Tivo brings a whole new meaning to the term "Red button". Waste is the first word that comes to my mind. Never thought I would say this but I am missing Brighthouse ( that`s bad - no really it is)
__________________
No point in being pessimistic. You know it won`t work.
|
|
|
30-08-2012, 14:48
|
#33
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
|
Re: Red button
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim
Tivo brings a whole new meaning to the term "Red button". Waste is the first word that comes to my mind. Never thought I would say this but I am missing Brighthouse ( that`s bad - no really it is)
|
I'm taking it you mean Brighthouse as in the US cable provider in Florida.
|
|
|
30-08-2012, 14:56
|
#34
|
|
Do I care what you think
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,620
|
Re: Red button
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11
I'm taking it you mean Brighthouse as in the US cable provider in Florida. 
|
Sorry because it was obvious to me I did not think about it  . Yes you are right.
My family complain like mad when the place they stay offers it . When there I just watch what ever is on. (but it seem o.k to me) As I stay at a Disney hotel for the family get together I see very little TV. Except for the early morning news which is mainly Fox !!!
Love to see what they make of Virgin ( or Sky for that matter).
__________________
No point in being pessimistic. You know it won`t work.
|
|
|
30-08-2012, 15:08
|
#35
|
|
Still alive and fighting
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 56,742
|
Re: Red button
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim
Tivo brings a whole new meaning to the term "Red button". Waste is the first word that comes to my mind. Never thought I would say this but I am missing Brighthouse ( that`s bad - no really it is)
|
Welcome back Itshim and its like you have not been away.
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
|
|
|
30-08-2012, 15:22
|
#36
|
|
Do I care what you think
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,620
|
Re: Red button
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone
Welcome back Itshim and its like you have not been away. 
|
Have to keep my fans happy ( any offers for a script writer- needs to be good at one liners!  )
When the family started talking TV (mostly started when seeing a billboard ) The moan was about various cable companies. Why do they generate so many moans  . Back in my youth its was BBC or nothing !!!!
PS thank you to my niece for this. Anyone know the source?
__________________
No point in being pessimistic. You know it won`t work.
|
|
|
30-08-2012, 17:39
|
#37
|
|
Guest
Location: Essex
Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Red button
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug P
The choice of courts on Sky Sports Red Button for the US Open Tennis is wonderful imo.... :-)
|
The courts did not specify what sport should be on the sky sports interactive on VM,when VM sold its channels to sky the red button on sky sports was part of that deal.
And as such as far as we were aware it was the full sky sport red button service ,cricket is on sky sports 1 red red button tomorrow we shall see.
|
|
|
|
30-08-2012, 17:52
|
#38
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Fleet, Hampshire
Age: 54
Services: VIP50, TiVo
Posts: 2,869
|
Re: Red button
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960
The courts did not specify what sport should be on the sky sports interactive on VM,when VM sold its channels to sky the red button on sky sports was part of that deal.
|
You do realise that courts are what tennis is played on, right?
|
|
|
30-08-2012, 17:53
|
#39
|
|
Guest
Location: Essex
Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Red button
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew
You do realise that courts are what tennis is played on, right? 
|
Oh damm! my fault sorry read the post wong am on the way to specsavers now.   
|
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:04.
|