|
Re: Temperamental piece of...
I can vouch for the following wi-fi routers :
Asus RT-N56U (radio: simultaneous dual-band n @ 300 Mbps / wired: Gigabit) ~£90
Draytek 2830Vn (radio: single-band n @ 300 Mbps / wired: Gigabit) ~£210
Asus RT-N15 (radio: single-band n @ 300 Mbps / wired : Gigabit) ~£25
All have been solid and very stable with excellent radio performance, and the N56 and Draytek have been subjected to very heavy loads at times. For a simple setup or for use as an access point, the N15 is an absolute bargain, recently replaced by RT-N13.
I recently had VM upgrade my broadband to 60Mb, replacing my Ambit modem with a SuperHub. The engineer was very pleased when I told him I already had a radio setup and wanted to use the SH only in modem mode - he described the SH radio as "dodgy at best".
|